Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
lhonda Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Literally, for a few, with any luck. MA regular waterfowl season ends at sunset tomorrow. Did some scouting about this afternoon, and found a couple birds. I'm thinking I'll probably be able to manage my one duck black duck limit, anyway...

wink

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n29/birddown/Waterfowling%20pics%202010/joppapics032.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n29/birddown/Waterfowling%20pics%202010/joppapics008.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n29/birddown/Waterfowling%20pics%202010/joppapics003.jpg[/img]

GB1

lhonda Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Headed down island to watch some men earn a living in the flats. Commercial clam diggers are a hearty lot. A damned hearty lot.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[IMG]

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
i always hate to see duck season end, especially when there are so many more birds now than when the season started. mine runs till the end of the month. i'm hunting mallards tomorrow morning. try to stay warm...it looks very cold there!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Looks like you still didn't buy her any gloves. smile

Nice pics. Thanks.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

lhonda Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Archerhunter
Looks like you still didn't buy her any gloves. smile

Nice pics. Thanks.

If we actually get something resembling cold, I'll consider it.

wink

IC B2

U
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U
the late (white) goose season starts here in a week or two...we'll keep ya in mind.... smile

lhonda Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by UtahLefty
the late (white) goose season starts here in a week or two...we'll keep ya in mind.... smile

We'll do the same as far as thinking about y'all while chasing feathers: brant is open until the 29th, and late goose, limit 5, gets cranking in a bit, and runs well into February, if I recall correctly. The regular coastal season closes tomorrow, but it ain't over just yet for those of us who are serious about bird hunting from start to finish. There's the spring snow goose season that opened in VT a couple years back to consider, too. About now the ice fishing in the lakes is in full swing, and smelt shacks on tidal rivers qare coming up. After that it'll be time to start again with the hook, and chasing fins and scales in both fresh and salt. The season never really ends for the sportsman, if you don't want it to, which is plenty okey dokey by me!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
prayers sent.....

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
lhonda Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
prayers sent.....

Thanks, brother. I sure will be needing some divine intervention if the girl learns of my plans to pull the trigger on a pair of Penn 130s and matching sticks come spring!

eek grin

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
that's a bold program....does she know how to do all that hi-yah,karate chop, rip your heart out and show it to you stuff?

I have declared a ceasefire with the quackers....but will spend next weekend pursuing woodcock in the basin and helping WGM cull his does in St. Francisville.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
IC B3

lhonda Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
that's a bold program....does she know how to do all that hi-yah,karate chop, rip your heart out and show it to you stuff?

I have declared a ceasefire with the quackers....but will spend next weekend pursuing woodcock in the basin and helping WGM cull his does in St. Francisville.

Y'know, I'm guessing no, as my ticker's still intact. With some of the stuff I've pulled on her (as far as bringing home stray guns, boats, fishing stuff, etc.), if she coulda', she prolly woulda' already.

Cool on those timberdoodles. Remember to take a few pics when afield. Betwixt your tea and crumpet sessions, naturally. wink

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
tally ho!

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by UtahLefty

Snow goose? If so, smart bird. Most-wise, here on the Chesapeake.

As always, L. great pics! Thanks

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
we have a late nuisance season Feb 5 to March 13 on them with no limit on bag or possession, no plugs required, and electronic calls permitted....it's a slaughter, but since they don't eat too good, it's hard to get people to do it.

good fun if you just want to shoot a lot and hear a lot of thuds....but I won't do it unless somebody else will deal with all those carcasses.

lhonda Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
we have a late nuisance season Feb 5 to March 13 on them with no limit on bag or possession, no plugs required, and electronic calls permitted....it's a slaughter, but since they don't eat too good, it's hard to get people to do it.

good fun if you just want to shoot a lot and hear a lot of thuds....but I won't do it unless somebody else will deal with all those carcasses.

Same deal in VT, and for the reasons you've noted is probably why I haven't done it. I'm still missing a snow for my little 'collection', but otherwise...What the hell am I going to do with 100+ pounds of meat I don't really care much for? I have a co-worker that feeds her Great Danes a raw diet, but when I asked her once she said she loves and appreciates donations, but only of boneless meats, as she had no idea how to clean a bird. I told her I'd show her, but she was like, "y'mean gut it and all? Ewwwwwwww". Insert roll eyes smiley HERE.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Will DOGS eat ground snow goosie, or cats? I would do it if I knew I could just deal with them by finding a buddy with a carnivorous mutt and a spare freezer.

Can't STAND the flavor, myself.

Good luck tomorrow, LH.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They make great jerky - I keep one Canada a year to roast - the rest of my ducks and geese end up in a bag marked jerky. We did the spring snow goose in ND for several years - made for a lot of good jerky and fun shooting.

lhonda Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Hmm. Well there's a good thought. I believe this new information warrants some further investigation of t'matter... wink

Thankee for the input!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

537 members (17CalFan, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 19rabbit52, 10ring1, 54 invisible), 2,109 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,086
Posts18,521,930
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.