Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Heh. Too true.

Whatcha think about the new BP deal w/the ruskies? Nuther thread!

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
GB1

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

And you have been led down the path by a string connected to your nose and held by your own hand.

"Your clients", you say? A fine example of 'caveat emptor' if ever there was one for those who are and who would be,,,,I'd say.

Hardly. Without even knowing me or what I do, you think I'm an elitist to say that my clients purchase turbine aircraft?
What if I'm nothing more than a pilot and federal airworthiness inspector that does pre-purchase evaluations of turbine aircraft for wealthy clients? Am I still the elitist you paint me to be just because I happen to know a lot of folks with money that call me because of my expertise and reputation? Think before you type.

One thing for sure is that I am not an self-proclaimed elitist nor a braggart who claims on an internet forum to have just sold his yacht and is getting together a 'plan' to buy myself a jet, all of which your buddy Spano has done. I myself will never be so lucky. If Spano is, great- more power to him. I'm a very fact-based person, so I will believe it when I see it.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
No one, repeat, NO ONE, would ever accuse you of being an elitist!!

Go back and reread the posts, then try to lighten up a bit and do, please do, quit pulling so hard on that string you keep following down your own path. And you, too, should "think before you type" (your words).

Again, lighten up and go concentrate on your new Illinois taxes. You have enough to worry about with that and with bho being your 'homeboy'. Good luck with your turbine engine sales.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

You must mean my "Elitist" attitude. What is "mexifornia"?

Nothing like an elitist out of touch with his surroundings.

NRA Lifetime Member
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

You must mean my "Elitist" attitude. What is "mexifornia"?

Nothing like an elitist out of touch with his surroundings.

Thou sayest. Hits home, don't it?

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Where�s the bump?

No bump for Obama after his big Tucson speech.
Down 1 to 3 points in the polls.
Rasmussen has him dropping 3 points in last 5 days.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Hoping that you are right and hoping that it will continue that way. We'll see.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I dont think we have hit bottom.

"Successful is leaving something in better shape than you inherited it in. Keep that in mind, son." Dad
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by flagstaff
Not even close, sad to say, if you're referring to the economy.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
He'll have another chance with the State of the Union address.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with Bullchit."

And dayam the people will buy it.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by flagstaff

Seems to me the economy is picking up quit well. The markets are continuing to make post recession highs and now seem to be headed to new all time highs.

But then what the Hell do I know? I'm but a simple Elitist. I'll take my profits, you take your misery.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
To a great extent the markets make money for those who do nothing and produce nothing, just trade and manipulate dollars.

I want to see home sales and manufacturing increase, before I call this deep-recession over. Until China floats their currency, nothing much will change. One big smack like 9/11 here will see the markets tank.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by jobyjob
Originally Posted by temmi
Originally Posted by denton
...He may run, but he won't have any fire in the belly. He has just pivoted to the center, and that will cost him a lot of his base. I doubt he can win the center back, so that leaves him with no base and no center. ...

I agree with most of what you said... BUT Obama will always have his base... Libs are good that way.

It's too late for Obama. His hardcore base of not much more than 25% of the population will not be enough against the nearly 75% of the population he has permanently alienated.
I agree. The only way we can lose in 2012 is by nominating another McCain type establishment man, thus driving the Republican base away from the polls or into the alternative parties.

Hawk, I disagree.

In fact I think the only way the Repub's WIN is to field a centrist candidate. Not McCain though! eek A fiscally conservative centrist who isn't in bed with the religious Right.

They lose if they overplay the family values/God/culture war card. A culture-war conservative will NOT get elected.

IMHO. Not saying that to be an azzhole; it's just my opinion.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh the Obama voter chimes in......How's that hipe and change schitt working for you? G'nite trash-hole!

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Jeff_O

Hawk, I disagree.

In fact I think the only way the Repub's WIN is to field a centrist candidate. Not McCain though! eek A fiscally conservative centrist who isn't in bed with the religious Right.

They lose if they overplay the family values/God/culture war card. A culture-war conservative will NOT get elected.

First of all, I never made mention of a "culture war conservative," whatever that is.

By the way, what is called the culture war is something perpetrated on the American culture by the left, primarily through the courts, not by the right. The right only identified it for what it was and suggested we start trying to resist the left's efforts to wage war on American culture. The leftist media (which dominated at that time, and still dominates traditional outlets) then twisted this into the culture war being an aggression by the right against the "natural" leftist trend in American culture.

That said, you're all wet if you think a moderate Republican has a chance. McCain was the perfect model of what happens when you go that route. So was Dole. And, for that matter, so was George H.W. Bush in his reelection bid (He won the first time because America thought he was going to be another Ronald Reagan, hardly perceived as a moderate). Dubya only squeaked in both times.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Jeff_O

Hawk, I disagree.

First of all, I never made mention of a "culture war conservative," whatever that is.

By the way, what is called the culture war is something perpetrated on the American culture by the left, primarily through the courts, not by the right. The right only identified it for what it was and suggested we start trying to resist the left's efforts to wage war on American culture. The leftist media (which dominated at that time, and still dominates traditional outlets) then twisted this into the culture war being an aggression by the right against the "natural" leftist trend in American culture.

That said, you're all wet if you think a moderate Republican has a chance. McCain was the perfect model of what happens when you go that route. So was Dole. And, for that matter, so was George H.W. Bush in his reelection bid (He won the first time because America thought he was going to be another Ronald Reagan, hardly perceived as a moderate). Dubya only squeaked in both times.

LOL that makes too much sense for most of these folks.

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The way I see it, he'll be lucky not to get tarred and feathered by the white folk but raised to God status by all others. But then again, seems to be more and more of the others, and elections are won by numbers. View from the North.

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Where’s the bump?

No bump for Obama after his big Tucson speech.
Down 1 to 3 points in the polls.
Rasmussen has him dropping 3 points in last 5 days.

CNN has found the bump.

(CNN) � President Barack Obama's approval rating is up five points since December as a growing number of Americans consider him a strong leader who is tough enough to handle a crisis, according to a new national poll. A CNN/Opinion Research Corporation survey released Tuesday also indicates that a jump in support by independent voters is behind the overall rise in the president's approval rating.
Fifty-three percent of people questioned in the poll approve of how Obama's handling his duties in the White House, up from 48 percent in a CNN poll that was conducted last month, as a very productive lame duck congressional session was nearing completion.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

I agree with Jeff O we need a center/right candidate who can convince Independents to vote for him. I'm talking about a fiscal conservative who can downplay if not ignore the social stuff.

Any candidate needs the lion's share of the that large, politically unsophisticated mob that lebels themselves, "moderate" and "independent". Not to pander to that large part of the electorate is political suicide.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

357 members (257 mag, 1lesfox, 163bc, 1badf350, 160user, 06hunter59, 34 invisible), 2,335 guests, and 1,071 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,329
Posts18,526,586
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.