Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Stan V
Well, I'm still a huge Cheney fan.....greatest VP the country has ever had. Would have made a terrific president.

Unknot your panties. He's entitled to his opinion on weapons. If some of y'all would admit it most citizens wouldn't be worth a rats azz with a Poncho Villa bullet belt, in fact they'd be more dangerous.
FWIW I don't give a flyingfuck what Cheney thinks about gays. It doesn't concern me. What concerns me are my guns, keeping them, being able to use them to defend my family and maybe hunt a bit, etc. Did I already say [bleep] Cheney. Oh yeah, I did, but [bleep] him again.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No offense taken, or meant.....Cheney has changed his mind about gays, too. A gay daughter will do that. That doesn't make him a POS either.
No, it doesn't make him a POS. Thinking it's okay to ban high cap magazines makes Cheney a POS. Any questions?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
No offense taken, or meant.....Cheney has changed his mind about gays, too. A gay daughter will do that. That doesn't make him a POS either.
No, it doesn't make him a POS. Thinking it's okay to ban high cap magazines makes Cheney a POS. Any questions?

Just one question. What legislation can Cheney pass?

All American

All the time
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ColeYounger

[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

None, obviously. But what sound bites and reinforcement can he give the Democratic Party?

Oh yeah, a TON if he doesn't learn when to keep his mouth shut.

Maybe he's still gun shy from that little oops he had.. shooting a lawyer will do that to ya, I hear. Can't say that I respect the man in any regards to the shooting sports, but be nice if he'd learn to just shut up.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by nemesis
Why would anyone care what Dick Cheney's opinion is on handgun magazine capacity?

I don't............

Of course you don't....

YOU ALREADY LIVE IN MASSACHUSETTS!

You've taken yourself out of the handgun bidness already.

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Okay, I'll bite the [bleep] sandwich and ask the question honestly, as I don't know.

What are those extended magazines used for? Competition, the just-for-fun factor, what? In Canada we're stuck with a 10-round limit so we can't even fill a normal magazine, let alone 30+ rounds. If the answer is 'because we can', I'm fine with that. I'm just looking for information.

It takes a village to raise an idiot.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Don't have one, but they're used for the same thing that any other magazine is used for. To hold bullets. Is there really a magical 10 round limit that you'll never need to exceed if you are defending yourself from a home invasion, or if you need to jump in the car and pursue somebody who's just grabbed a little girl off of the street? I've never heard of that..

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by grouseman
Okay, I'll bite the [bleep] sandwich and ask the question honestly, as I don't know.

What are those extended magazines used for? Competition, the just-for-fun factor, what? In Canada we're stuck with a 10-round limit so we can't even fill a normal magazine, let alone 30+ rounds. If the answer is 'because we can', I'm fine with that. I'm just looking for information.

The point is not what it can be used for, but that .gov has no business messing with the issue in the first place.

Sam......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Horse is out of the barn on the gov messing with this issue, Sam.

Am I the only one that saw the video of Cheney and his remarks? Lots of estrogen being oozed here......

All American

All the time
IC B3

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Hmm, let's see, some dirt bags are breaking into your home in the middle of the night, do you want to pull a 10 round magazine or a 30 round magazine out of your night stand?

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

It all comes back to our Constitution. You've heard the popular saying, "The Second Amendment Ain't About Duck Hunting"? That means that the 2nd Amendment is in place ultimately as a check against tyranny in our own government. Hunting is only obliquely protected in our Constitution, whereas military weapons are directly protected and extended magazines are the most effective ones for this type of use. They are what the government fears most so they should be actively protected. The government fearing its people is a good thing. God forbid we ever have to actually use the 2nd Amendment for what it was designed to recognize.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

Since the leftists haven't been able to ban gun ownership outright, they have decided to chip away at gun rights a little piece at a time. Once they ban high capacity magazines, they will go after something else. They are relentless.

If changing the law made a difference, we could just pass a new law making it illegal to shoot politicians.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
AZ Guys...

I was told that those HI Cap Mags were already banned in AZ...

Is this true?

T

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Girls, we have more pressing issues in this country than being distracted by a thought Cheney made about gun mag capacity.

Is this a moment we can look back on and see how some ate our own over nothing?

All American

All the time
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Girls, we have more pressing issues in this country than being distracted by a thought Cheney made about gun mag capacity.

I'd say it's more of a moment for recognizing those who won't protect our rights, whether out of loyalty, dementia, or just plain idiocy.

Got a mirror?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Calhoun

I'd say it's more of a moment for recognizing those who won't protect our rights, whether out of loyalty, dementia, or just plain idiocy.

Got a mirror?
lol

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Calhoun

Got a mirror?

LMAO!

You didn't see the video either.

All American

All the time
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I did.. a close paraphrase is: "We've had restrictions on magazine sizes for semi-automatic weapons before, and maybe it's time to revisit that."

Can't be any clearer.. What's murky is why you support him on this so much.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Those who would demand complete ideological purity from any politician may never find it and if they do that politician won't be elected.

Dick Cheney is a good man who has served this Country well. He is every bit as entitled to his opinion on high capacity magazines as anyone here--maybe more so.

I dare say that most, if not all, Republican Presidential hopefuls hold that same opinion.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (1minute, 1234, 117LBS, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 54 invisible), 2,470 guests, and 1,272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,875
Posts18,518,107
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.