Print Thread
Hop To
N
noduck Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
N
Got a chance to go to Boston middle of june.. Wife has conferences all day, thinking of fishing need advice.. Would it be worth it to go??? Do i need to rent a car go further up north? What types of fish should i go for in middle of june???? Any suggestion on capts for deep sea fishing???

Well be staying at the Westin copley waterfront..Could I walk or taxi to some marinas???

Thanks for any advice.......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
lhonda has noted any campfire members in his area ,should give him a jingle.....

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by fluffy
lhonda has noted any campfire members in his area ,should give him a jingle.....
That's who I would call. The guy gets around pretty good....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Boston Harbor has great striped bass fishing all around the islands. Plenty of charter captains right there.

If lhonda cant hook you up, stripedbass.com and stripersonline.com are local sites that would be a good spot to ask some questions also

Last edited by PAUL_M; 01/22/11. Reason: added info

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
P
pod Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
you might make inquiries at rowes wharf it has charters, evening clambake cruisers, dancing etc.

IC B2

P
pod Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
by the way rowes wharf is real handy to down town boston and most fishing excursions will supply you with your gear.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Noduck, I'm at your service as far as setting you straight. Detailed answer forthcoming, but after I catch up on some sleep and other stuff I ran away from this week, OK?

And, um, yeah, it'd be worth your while to fish here in June, I'd opine. Unless you're not into actually catching fish, in which case it'd be a real bummer...

wink

N
noduck Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
N
Thanks all you guys for the advice.. lhonda look forward from hearing from you ...

Again thanks for the info regards,

NODUCK

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by noduck
What types of fish should i go for in middle of june????

Big treble hooks, lots of lead, and HEAVY gear to drag up old mobsters in concrete shoes from the bottom of the harbor? cool

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ColdBore
Originally Posted by noduck
What types of fish should i go for in middle of june????

Big treble hooks, lots of lead, and HEAVY gear to drag up old mobsters in concrete shoes from the bottom of the harbor? cool

They ain't in concrete shoes, friend. Think lobster pots. Bait is bait, afterall.

wink

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
the corpse my buddy's found a couple months ago, had some crab activity going on.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
STX, yeah, bodies on the bottom tend to get picked clean before too long.

Noduck, your wife's timing is excellent. By mid-June the bite for stripers and tuna is in full swing. June and October are usually two of the very best months for fishing here. As stated earlier, happy to help. PM me details as far as how much time you have. Even if the weather is unusual in its pattern when you're here and exceptionally bad for fishing (heavy rain/winds) and I can't get you out on a boat, if you have a little time to put in, you'll get tight.

Not sure what your situation is, but if you and your wife could add a day or three, I am confident I can help you both go home with contented smiles above and beyond the fishing stuff. The Bean and MA in general has much to offer (despite the politics stuff, naturally wink ) These are some examples of June fishing and fish taken here.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n29/birddown/fish/IMG_9387.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n29/birddown/fish/IMG_9355.jpg[/img]

Last edited by lhonda; 01/22/11.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

518 members (160user, 219DW, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 46 invisible), 2,015 guests, and 1,282 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,755
Posts18,495,480
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.