Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Originally Posted by kraky111
That Rasmussen poll interview was from Nov 2008. Since then Sarahs numbers have fallen very badly. As a matter of fact recent polls have her way heavy on disapproval....she's almost got the same numbers as Nancy Pelosi....and that ain't good.

This is what Rasmussen said right after the Nov. 2010 election:

“It’s a dead heat between Romney, Huckabee and Palin when likely primary voters are asked who they would vote for if their primary were held today.”

And yesterday the Washington post poll said basically the same thing:

In a new Washington Post poll 1/20/11
21% of respondents advised they would support Huckabee 19% Palin and 17% Romney as detailed below.
No one else got into double figures and the latest left wing media selections for the GOP of the month Thune and Daniels hardly rated at all.
The 40% shared between Palin and Huckabee-a statistical tie are the only poll results that matter at this point in time for the 2012 election. The polls showing Palin 10 points behind Obama for example, two years out are meaningless as the Reagan polling below shows.
All that matters for Palin is, should she choose to run, how well will she do in the early primaries. Clearly, despite all the massive negative left wing media attacks she is still very popular with the base (80% in polls).

And they added this:

Polling has also shown that should Huckabee choose not to run, a strong possibility, then Palin is his supporters next choice. The numbers then, at this point, and should Huckabee not run, are very much on her side. Even Andrew Sullivan in a moment of lucidity when the PDS uterus fog lifted, said this week that he thinks the “nomination is still hers to lose” even given the media attacks and supposed general low poll rating.

More reasons why the polls are wrong:

42.5% and 58% of the Samples for the Washington Post and NBC News GOP Primary Polls Are Composed of Independents, Respectively
Posted on January 20 2011 - 4:09 PM - Posted by: Ian Lazarus

The reality is that Republicans will likely comprise around 70-75% of the Republican primary electorate in every GOP primary state on average, with certain exceptions for states like New Hampshire. Nevertheless, the Washington Post and NBC News are putting out GOP primary polling that dramatically overestimates the percentage of independents that will vote in GOP primaries.
The Washington Post�s GOP primary poll is composed of all Republicans and Republican-leaning independents. NBC�s GOP primary poll is composed of not only all Republicans and Republican-leaning independents but all strict independents. Strict independents are independents that do not lean towards either the Republican or Democrat Party. Very rarely will these type of independents vote in either party�s primary. The types of independents that will vote in a GOP primary are independents that lean towards the Republican Party but it�s still a stretch to believe that GOP-leaning independents will comprise as large a percentage of the GOP primary electorate as the percentage claimed by the Washington Post and NBC News.

The Washington Post doesn�t tell you that Republican-leaning independents compose 42.5% of its GOP primary sample. NBC News doesn�t tell you that Republican-leaning independents and strict independents compose 58% of its GOP primary sample. Strict independents comprise 36% of its primary sample. The NBC News� pollster actually believes that a sample that shows independents outnumbering Republicans by 16% is representative of the actual Republican primary electorate.

It�s a fair assumption to believe that Governor Palin is performing better among Republicans than she is among Republican-leaning independents. It�s also reasonable to believe that Palin is performing better among Republicans and Republican-leaning independents than she is among strict independents.
I suspect her five-point deficit to Romney in the NBC News poll and the two-point deficit to Huckabee in the Washington Post poll would be smaller or gone completely had either pollster included fewer independents in their samples. Independents are only expected to comprise 33-35% of the GOP primary electorate even in New Hampshire.

To conclude, the Washington Post got it half-right by only polling for Republicans and Republican-independents but it still erred by including all Republican-leaning independents. NBC News didn�t get anything right as it included all strict independents, the type of independents that rarely vote in primaries, in addition to including all Republican-leaning independents in its sample. It�s simply unreasonable to believe that on average independents will comprise over 40% (or almost 60% in the case of NBC News) of the GOP primary electorate, let alone in states with a lot of independents like New Hampshire.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas
Originally Posted by BrentD
Palin is Theodore Roosevelt in a size 6 suit, American flag pin, and some kick ass black leather boots.

Sadly, I know you are serious about that statement. The rest of us are laughing when we aren't crying. For damn sure, she ain't no Teddy Roosevelt.

You are right and Mike Metroulas was wrong, Sarah wears a size 4.
Those were his words not mine.

And you are right about Teddy, Palin is much more conservative and far less progressive that Teddy Roosevelt was.

Damn, Bow, this is getting scary.

You know her dress size and SHOE size? Do you know her bra size and what brand of TP she prefers? Does she wear red or blue panties? Any tats? Where? Body piercings? Where? Photos please.

As Sarah�s measurements are 35 and 1/4 - 30 and 1/2 - 40 and �, then her bra size would be 36C.
I did not mention her shoe size, but it is 7.5.
I have never noticed any tattoos or piercing.

This is important stuff.

Just now on FOX, Megyn Kelly and Ichabod Colmes were discussing Michelle Obama�s dresses. They are reportedly, size 8.

However, I checked with my staff and was informed that Palin is closer to a size 6 than she is a 4 and no way would Michele fit into anything smaller than a 12.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by RobJordan
"Ignorant" and "not very bright" are not synonyms. My conservative bonafides (which are considerable---but out of modesty shall remain private) are completely irrelevant to the merits of my criticisms of Palin.

Hijack attempt thwarted with logic.

That reminds me.
Some unfinished business…

Way back, last February, RobJordan posted this:
“All of the liberal critics of Palin are people I cannot stand. They are card carrying leftists utterly hostile to conservatism. But that is irrelevant to the factual questions surrounding Palin's competence. Whether or not Charlie Gibson is a liberal is utterly irrelevant on the question whether Sarah Palin did or did not know what the Bush doctrine was, or whether Africa was a continent and not a nation.
I did a little survey in my house this evening (granted, its not scientific): I asked my very conservative wife (pro-life, church-going, devoted mother), my very conservative son (reads everything conservative, just finished reading "Witness" by Whittaker Cambers, an intelligent critic of evolution etc.) and my very, very conservative 26 year old teacher daughter. I asked them all (ignoring what they know of my opinions on the matter) what they thought of Sarah Palin. The word they all used to describe her: "idiot". It was universal.”

And I posted:
“I would like to ask you and your family two reasonable follow up survey questions. How could an “idiot” accomplish as much as Sarah Palin has in her young life. The second is an essay question and based on the Dewie Whetsell challenge that I posted a few clicks back. Name someone else who has done better. This might be more constructive than flippin’ someone off as an “idiot”.

I hope your family did ignore your opinions and your “facts”.
Fact is that Charles Krauthammer has said that there are four Bush Doctrines and Sarah Palin answered with the correct one.
Fact is that the “Africa is a Nation” fable has been completely discredited.
Some who should know, say that there is several hours of good stuff in the Katie Couric interview locked away in the NBC vault.
I do know for a fact that Palin has done very well in her speeches, debates, and her other interviews. And those interviews are available in unedited transcripts.
My favorite is the one she did in her kitchen with Greta Van Susteren.”

I am still waiting for the results of my “follow up survey questions.”
Now that Palin has continued to do so well and her 2010 1040 is so much better then yours or mine…

It is amazing the nonsense some people will gobble up---including that when Palin answered Charlie Gibson on the Bush Doctrine she was actually displaying a nuanced understanding of it that would challenge the most sophiticated acolyte of US foreign policy. Pure bunk, because if that were the case she would have immediately defended her gaffe on that basis (i.e., there are four distinct and highly nuanced strands of the Bush doctrine and I was trying to clarify which one Gibson was asking about). She did no such thing on the show or thereafter when the critics started in on her ignorance. The notion that she actually had a knowledge of the Bush Doctrine that would practically challenge a political science professor is laughable. We also find massive confirmation of her lack of knowledge re how the world really works from insiders of the McCain campaign. Debate handlers and persons brought into "prep" her were universally dismayed at her appalling ignorance.

Of course its not Sarah's fault that McCain's supposedly fine judgment eluded him when it came time to choose a running mate, but that is no reason to bury our heads in the sand and think she is capable of governing this country when she couldn't even govern her own state (she quit mid-term, mind you because basically it was too hard---she couldn't stand the heat so she vacated the kitchen).

Last edited by RobJordan; 01/21/11.

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
As Sarah�s measurements are 35 and 1/4 - 30 and 1/2 - 40 and �, then her bra size would be 36C.
I did not mention her shoe size, but it is 7.5.
I have never noticed any tattoos or piercing.

This is important stuff.

Just now on FOX, Megyn Kelly and Ichabod Colmes were discussing Michelle Obama�s dresses. They are reportedly, size 8.

However, I checked with my staff and was informed that Palin is closer to a size 6 than she is a 4 and no way would Michele fit into anything smaller than a 12.

Important stuff indeed! laugh

On a more serious note, I would more interested to learn if she has released college transcripts and how well she did in school, looks aren't everything. wink

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
stick a fork in her

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
�In an interview on CNN�s �Piers Morgan Tonight,� Giuliani, who dropped out of the 2008 Republican presidential primary, said running against Palin for the 2012 GOP nomination would show him as a moderate Republican.

�The more Republicans in which I can show a contrast, probably the better chance, the better chance that I have,� Giuliani told CNN�s Piers Morgan in an interview set to air at 9 pm. ET Monday. Portions of the interview will air Friday (tonight) on CNN�s �John King, USA� at 7 p.m. ET.

But if he does run, Giuliani says he would concentrate on winning Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina, sites of the first presidential nominating contests. In 2008 Giuliani focused his resources in Florida, a strategy that that led to the demise of his run after he finished third in the state�s primary.�

�Mike Huckabee and his top advisers insist that he's thinking seriously about running for president, but he's doing little to put together the sort of organization needed to mount a campaign. The latest evidence: Chip Saltsman, his campaign manager in 2008 and one of his closest confidantes, has accepted a job as Chief of Staff for freshman Rep. Chuck Fleischmann (R-Tenn.).

In an interview, Saltsman said his taking the job should not be read as an indication about Huckabee's intentions.�

Math problem.
Lets see now, if Huck stays out and you add his poll numbers of about 20% to Palin�s of about 20% because the polls always show that one of them is always the second choice to the other if the person being polled goes for either Huck or Palin.

And if Rudy gets in and you subtract his numbers from Romney�s�

The question is; how short will the GOP primary be?

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
"Ignorant" and "not very bright" are not synonyms. My conservative bonafides (which are considerable---but out of modesty shall remain private) are completely irrelevant to the merits of my criticisms of Palin.

Hijack attempt thwarted with logic.

That reminds me.
Some unfinished business…

Way back, last February, RobJordan posted this:
“All of the liberal critics of Palin are people I cannot stand. They are card carrying leftists utterly hostile to conservatism. But that is irrelevant to the factual questions surrounding Palin's competence. Whether or not Charlie Gibson is a liberal is utterly irrelevant on the question whether Sarah Palin did or did not know what the Bush doctrine was, or whether Africa was a continent and not a nation.
I did a little survey in my house this evening (granted, its not scientific): I asked my very conservative wife (pro-life, church-going, devoted mother), my very conservative son (reads everything conservative, just finished reading "Witness" by Whittaker Cambers, an intelligent critic of evolution etc.) and my very, very conservative 26 year old teacher daughter. I asked them all (ignoring what they know of my opinions on the matter) what they thought of Sarah Palin. The word they all used to describe her: "idiot". It was universal.”

And I posted:
“I would like to ask you and your family two reasonable follow up survey questions. How could an “idiot” accomplish as much as Sarah Palin has in her young life. The second is an essay question and based on the Dewie Whetsell challenge that I posted a few clicks back. Name someone else who has done better. This might be more constructive than flippin’ someone off as an “idiot”.

I hope your family did ignore your opinions and your “facts”.
Fact is that Charles Krauthammer has said that there are four Bush Doctrines and Sarah Palin answered with the correct one.
Fact is that the “Africa is a Nation” fable has been completely discredited.
Some who should know, say that there is several hours of good stuff in the Katie Couric interview locked away in the NBC vault.
I do know for a fact that Palin has done very well in her speeches, debates, and her other interviews. And those interviews are available in unedited transcripts.
My favorite is the one she did in her kitchen with Greta Van Susteren.”

I am still waiting for the results of my “follow up survey questions.”
Now that Palin has continued to do so well and her 2010 1040 is so much better then yours or mine…

It is amazing the nonsense some people will gobble up---including that when Palin answered Charlie Gibson on the Bush Doctrine she was actually displaying a nuanced understanding of it that would challenge the most sophiticated acolyte of US foreign policy. Pure bunk, because if that were the case she would have immediately defended her gaffe on that basis (i.e., there are four distinct and highly nuanced strands of the Bush doctrine and I was trying to clarify which one Gibson was asking about). She did no such thing on the show or thereafter when the critics started in on her ignorance. The notion that she actually had a knowledge of the Bush Doctrine that would practically challenge a political science professor is laughable. We also find massive confirmation of her lack of knowledge re how the world really works from insiders of the McCain campaign. Debate handlers and persons brought into "prep" her were universally dismayed at her appalling ignorance.

Of course its not Sarah's fault that McCain's supposedly fine judgment eluded him when it came time to choose a running mate, but that is no reason to bury our heads in the sand and think she is capable of governing this country when she couldn't even govern her own state (she quit mid-term, mind you because basically it was too hard---she couldn't stand the heat so she vacated the kitchen).

a brilliant and erudite analysis.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
I repeat:
You calling Krauthammer�s analysis �nonsense� is laughable.
And by the way, Palin has defended (several times) her answer to Gibson�s condescending questions including that particular one.
So you are wrong again. Check the record and prove me wrong.

Quoting the McCain Staff Stupids who are trying to cover up their own screw ups is a long ways from �massive confirmation.�
The 37 million people that tuned in her record VP speech and the way Sarah did as well in her VP debate after McCain wisely pulled her out of that zoo his staff had her in would more �massive.�

McCain choose Sarah Palin for his running mate because of her record as a reformer in Alaska and that has been verified on so many different levels that to deny her success in governing Alaska is what is truly laughable.
As has been her sensible and valid reasons for resigning as Governor. And posted many times here on the �Fire.

Your analysis is illogical and unsupported by any real world facts.
Anyone looking at the Palin record with honest eyes would agree with McCain��not you.
Check the record and prove me wrong.

And you still have no answer my question to why Sarah is so successful if she is as bad as you say.
As you won�t answer the core question, I have new questions:

Did you ever get straighten out about the �I can see Alaska from my house� Palin quote that she never said, that you said she said, and did you ever see any of the pictures of Alaskans standing in Alaska looking at Russia?

Are you still calling folks who live in trailers: �Trash�????

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

pak Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Palin in a bikini? Lets see mid 40s and 5 kids, this place needs another sniper thread.
pak

'Often mistaken, never in doubt'

'Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge' Darwin
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
At least Obama would have had 4 years of OJT to fall back on.

JEff

OK. You're a Democrat defending your vote 2 years ago.

Thanks for clearing up that.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
you want 4 more years of obama? vote for palin. she needs to go far, far away.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Another "D".

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I didn't want the first four arduous years of Barry, but some of you fellers seem OK with it.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rem141r

Is this what's known as "reverse campaigning?"

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Problem is the Republicans will not have the "no experience" spear to chuck at the Halfblack. Now he is the experienced and popular President who will not be running against any past President.

That is why it is deadly serious to send up a man who maybe able to beat him, not some far right wackjob or giddygal who would lose in a tsunamic landslide. To do so would be to set back this recent, yet still nascent, rise of Conservatism to pre Reagan times.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
You know guys, she has not even said she is going to run. She is most likely smart enough to not. She knows where she can be the biggest thorn in the side of the liberals. Not in the white house. Weather any want to admit it she had a ton of pull this last election and who did more than her? Dis her all you want, she is smart, a very good speaker, down to earth, and is more of an American than any liberal in the house, senate and most certainly the oval office. Lets not cut the throat of our own soldiers. We need all we can get and still might loose this nation the way it was supposed to be. Honestly, I like her kind. She's spunky, but simple, quick with an answer, to the point ( and they cut deep) , a gun owner, pro life, and honestly she is very easy to look at.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by rem141r

The best chance to reelect Obama is to run Romney or some other RINO retread that loses the Tea Party vote.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I'm not at all sure Romney would lose the TP vote.

I am still predicting him as the GOP nominee.

www.paracay.com

PMC Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I won't vote Romney, but I will vote Palin.

Pmc

shhh. be vewy vewy quiet. i'm hunting deer. uhhh uhhh uhhhh.
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I can't get used to Romney. He had state health care like Obama, I also can't get used to a guy who thinks satan and Jesus were brothers. If he can't see through that, then his b.s. detector is lacking.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (1badf350, 257Bob, 260Remguy, 2500HD, 1941USMC, 219 Wasp, 56 invisible), 2,478 guests, and 1,327 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,902
Posts18,518,528
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.