Print Thread
Hop To
D
dconrad Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Does anyone know where I could find a good set of used 6.5x55 AI dies at a reasonable price

GB1

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Unfortunately, "Good" and "Reasonable" are self-cancelling adjectives... smile If dies are any good, they are not reasonable (i.e: CHEAP) If they are reasonalbly priced... They are likely not any good. smile

One of the downsides to building an exoticly chambered rifle... Is that one must "Bite the Bullet" for the dies...

That said, however, one CAN luck onto a set once in a while. In all my travels, out-of-the-way guns shops, Gun Shows, ebay, etc... I have seen only one set. (And, of course, I bought them...) Like my friend, muledeer once stated..." It's a lot easier to reach up on the shelf for a set of dies when I want to build something different, then locate them after the fact." Sorry, I'm not much help....

GH

"As you walk thru life, don't be surprised that there are fewer people that you encounter seeking truth than those seeking confirmation of what they already believe!"

D
dconrad Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
D
I agree, thats why I'm looking for the dies first. I can still shoot it as a sweed and when I find the dies I will punch it out.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by dconrad
I agree, thats why I'm looking for the dies first.

Smart... smile I have a propesity to run across stuff like this... Thus I'll keep my eyes open... If I find any, Ill let you know...

"As you walk thru life, don't be surprised that there are fewer people that you encounter seeking truth than those seeking confirmation of what they already believe!"

D
dconrad Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Thanks, I know someone has a set sitting around. Hopefully I can find one.

IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
From the Lee web site. Price would be cheaper at Midway or Grafs. Have your smith open up the full length and seater dies when he chambers your barrel. The collet die will work with the AI case. I use my .250 Savage collet die for my .250AI. Works like a charm.

"Lee Deluxe Rifle Die Set

The patented, world record setting Collet Neck Sizing Die is teamed up with the patented, Lee Full Length Sizing Die! There is no loading system that will load more accurate ammunition than the Lee Collet Die. No one but Lee has ever dared to make a guarantee like this - Smallest group size or your money back. In addition to the guaranteed accuracy, you will extend your case life ten times, no lubrication is required and dead length bullet seating.

If you're like most reloaders you have a ready source of empty cases that were fired in another gun. In the past, you had to purchase a full length resizing die set separately to use this brass. Not any more - the Deluxe Die Set includes the full length die. And all this for less than others charge for a standard die set.

The Lee Deluxe Die Set is the most flexible and accurate die set available. The Lee Collet neck sizing die is enhanced by the addition of the patented Lee full length resizing die, which allows us to produce ammunition to factory-new specifications using cases fired in other guns. Your precision fire-formed brass can be used to reload the most accurate ammunition for your gun using the Lee Collet neck sizing die. No other die can produce more accurate ammunition. We are so confident, we guarantee it. In addition to the best accuracy, you get these benefits:

No case lubrication required
Reduced or eliminates case trimming
A ten times increased case life
Unmatched speed and convenience
Minimum bullet runout
Most uniform neck tension

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Deluxe Rifle Die Set 43.98

6.5 X 55 MAUSER 90611 Serv.Parts"

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
Robert E. Howard

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

670 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 160user, 75 invisible), 3,063 guests, and 1,356 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,228
Posts18,485,631
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.