Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H

GB1

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Jim, you are so focused on being right all the time, you fail, again, to see my point was more about the whole thread became a heated, namecalling post about a gun that isn't even on the market yet.

Sorry you failed at seeing my post was an attempt to " break the trend" of a debate about laws on a product that doesn't yet exist for sale.

BTW, I recall at least a year ago a discussion of Nosler making .357 bullets for an airgun... is this the same gun that was "hitting the market" over a year ago? You should have an answer to this, Jim, since you are the king of knowledge and see to never be wrong....lol

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Hemi...

It not about me being right. It's about you being WRONG when you claim Crosman told you they "may never make the rifle"..

Instead of misrepresenting what the folks at Crosman told you, try telling the truth.

As to the Crosman .357 airgun being "unveiled" last year, MORE false fairy tales from your key board.....

I was at SHOT last year-2010. No Crosman .357 rifle was ever announced None in the catalog. None in the display. No orders taken for same. Just rumors from their engineers of a big bore being worked on for 2011. And once again, Crosman was telling the truth- hence the .357 at SHOT in 2011.

Everything they DID have in the catalog for 2010 was eventually made in production qualities by the end of the year. I see no reason why that will most hold true for 2011's products including the new .357 rifle.

Last edited by jim62; 01/28/11.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Vastly more powerful air rifles than the Benjamin rogue have been manufactured and sold in the USA for over 40 years. Quackenbush and Gary Barnes are two names of design geniuses who build very powerful air rifles and deer, boar and even bison have been shot with them. The ATF has NOT regulated them though they are fully aware of their existence.

As far as their being used in a crime is concerned, it would take a particularly dense criminal to want to use one of these when he could buy a handgun that makes significantly more power illegally and fire vastly more shots out of it in a few seconds than would be possible with one of these air rifles in a whole week.

I do not agree with all of the ATF's views but I do think that they are smart people and would not waste their time on non issues. The idle speculation about them regulating air rifles sounds exactly like the kind of nonsense that appears on the pages of the most extreme British tabloids.

The Ark was made by amateurs. Experts made the Titanic.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by mehulkamdar
Vastly more powerful air rifles than the Benjamin rogue have been manufactured and sold in the USA for over 40 years. Quackenbush and Gary Barnes are two names of design geniuses who build very powerful air rifles and deer, boar and even bison have been shot with them. The ATF has NOT regulated them though they are fully aware of their existence.

As far as their being used in a crime is concerned, it would take a particularly dense criminal to want to use one of these when he could buy a handgun that makes significantly more power illegally and fire vastly more shots out of it in a few seconds than would be possible with one of these air rifles in a whole week.

I do not agree with all of the ATF's views but I do think that they are smart people and would not waste their time on non issues. The idle speculation about them regulating air rifles sounds exactly like the kind of nonsense that appears on the pages of the most extreme British tabloids.

+1

Good post.

Last edited by jim62; 01/28/11.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
IC B2

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

630 members (10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1badf350, 10ring1, 007FJ, 72 invisible), 2,637 guests, and 1,371 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,093
Posts18,483,005
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.