Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Granted there's a few of us that could be living the dream, but what did you want to be when you were a kid? Not necessarily when you were really young. But even in HS or later in your teen years?

Me personally, I always wanted to have my own Outdoors TV show. Make a living travelling to excotic places and hunt/fishing along the way. At the time there was really only Bass fishing shows on TV and I always thought it would be fun to have Alaska fishing and hunting portrayed on TV.

Deal with it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You'll all laugh - I wanted to be a Priest until I was about a senior in high school. Determined it wasn't for me.

Done a lot of things since.

Me

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I had the same revelation when I was a senior in HS. By that time I have experienced just enough to know I couldn't give it up.

Deal with it.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Had nothing to do with that - honestly. Had more to do with realizing I was in no position to be that person for so many people. Plus being Catholic - the idea my hands were going to (with the help of the Holy Spirit) turn bread and wine into the body and blood of Christ - kinda was a lot of pressure.

Me

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Wanted to be a heavy equipment mechanic. Life took a turn and I went with it.

Still like to turn wrenches.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Someone here said not long ago " you can pick what you want to do, or you can pick where you want to live..."

true Dat...

I picked where I want to live...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
I wanted to be a writer and live in Montana.

The Montana part was easy, since I had been there since birth!

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Believe it or not I wanted to be a piano player in a whorehouse but ended up as a cop instead! smile smile smile

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
growing up i had a cousin that was practically a brother cause we did most everything together and his stepdad hauled us all over and gave us free run of half his garage for whatever purpose we felt necessary so long as we didnt blow it up or burn it down.....we filled it with snakes, frogs, turtles and i forget what all else.....2 years ago i ran into his stepdad for the first time in years and he was damn surprised to find out i owned a couple newspapers, he figured next he heard bout me i would be in some jungle catching snakes for study or just because.....

the other thing i was real interested in was growing plants, come from a family of farmers, just had a knack for it and liked it.....worked at a greenhouse in high school and quickly found out i preferred somethings left as hobbies.....guess cause of this i decided to leave some stuff as hobbies and found something i could tolerate doing for money......

fell into the newspaper business through dumb luck and no planning and turns out i liked it, like being my own boss even more......it gives me money and time off to grow plants, keep snakes on occasion, mess with guns, fish and do most everything i enjoyed doing as a kid and didnt want to turn into work and still pays the bills....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by T LEE
Believe it or not I wanted to be a piano player in a whorehouse but ended up as a cop instead! smile smile smile

Chances are you still get to work with hookers and johns.... whistle

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
I wanted to be a writer and live in Montana.

The Montana part was easy, since I had been there since birth!

I figured you for one of the folks that was living the dream.

Deal with it.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by T LEE

Chances are you still get to work with hookers and johns.... whistle

Yep - now he gets to go to all the whorehouses - no conflict of interest smile

Me

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
But his piano talent is going down the drain... grin

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
gigalo or gynocologist

IF GUNS KILL PEOPLE, MINE ARE ALL DEFECTIVE ..... TED NUGENT
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
It's never too late to learn the piano. Retirement plan? wink

Deal with it.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
When I was in 10th grade, I knew I wanted to be a Marine.

It came to me after doing a report on WWII, and reading up on the war in the Pacific, and seeing the pics in the HS library on the subject. I was in awe of some of the landings, and couldn't imagine the type of men that did that. I wanted to be like them.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Someplace else,...so I did it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I had absolutely no idea. In fact, I still don't really know what I would have been happiest doing. I like to do a lot of different things and have always had different interests that would last until I got bored then I'd find something new. I probably would have been happiest being a heavy equipment operator. I would have loved doing what Richard Proeneke did.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Now that I am "older" I would like to go into quality control or human resources, as in screening applicants, for a whorehouse!

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Just make sure you have ingwe "screen" the bouncers..... whistle

Deal with it.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (10gaugeman, 1936M71, 1minute, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 68 invisible), 2,392 guests, and 1,348 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,685
Posts18,494,008
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.