Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I could kick my butt for not following through with what I wanted to be,it still didn't turn out to awful bad.I wanted to be a vet,I had worked with 1 for 3 years during the summer and on weekends.He wanted to retire and was going to pay my way thru Texas A&M.He had no children and said he thought of me as his son.We keep in constant contact until he passed away 8 years ago.He took over being my father when mine passed away over 32 years ago.
Now I just want be 1/2 the man my father and he was to some other young man.

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Well look at the brightside you can always run the whorehouse by hand until you find the employees you really want !! grin

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
,..but mostly,..I just wanted to be gettin' laid fairly regularly.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ingwe
Someone here said not long ago " you can pick what you want to do, or you can pick where you want to live..."

true Dat...

I picked where I want to live...

I'm VERY lucky, ever since I could comprehend it seems I wanted to be what I was. The "pick where you want to live" part was tougher, first Uncle Sam directed and now my better half, but here's a hint: IT WASN'T [bleep]' FLORIDA! hate it here but the wife loves it so guess what? she applied the 51/100 rule so here I'll stay! frown

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Marine Biologist.

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Me too in college, got my degree in Marine Biology. Not really using it at the moment.

Deal with it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wanted to be a Dentist when I was kid, ended up a Bass Bishing Guide on the St. Johns River until college. Started college as an accounting major, changed to a Math major now an Engineer for a power company. Fishing for a living was a lot of fun, miss it a lot. Manatees are to blame for it all.

Last edited by 257Deland; 02/04/11.

Retired and Loving It!!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
In HS I was deadset on being a marine biologist. Spent three weeks on an island in Maine with a program through the Philly natural science museum and realized there wer a lot of people with more knowledge and dedication than I had. Got to college and was leaning toward working asa ranger in teh NPS and was offered a job at Acadia. Decided eh PT job was not what I was lookign for

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Vet.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When I was in grade school, I wanted to be a cowboy. When I was in junior high it was a toss-up between dentist or vet. When I got into HS I wanted to do something in the construction field. Guess I did what I wanted to do at the time. Now I'm trying to figure out what I want to do when I grow up . . .

Someday I hope to be the person my dogs think I am . . .
The only true cost of having a dog is its death.
Someone once said "a nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
Shiloh Sharps . . . there is no substitute.
NRA Endowment Member
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ingwe
Someone here said not long ago " you can pick what you want to do, or you can pick where you want to live..."

true Dat...

I picked where I want to live...

funny how that works...I took the lowest paying job offered to a graduate in 1982 so I could hunt and fish when I wanted too and I got to have the job I wanted.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
As a youngster, an Oceanographer. I thought Jacque Cousteau on the Calypso was living the life. High school apptitude test said actuary or forest ranger. Planned on being an attorney until Jr. year in college after seeing one too many "Have you been in an accident?" commercials on TV.
No regrets except I do wish I had served in the military for at least one stint.
If I could flip a switch and do anything different today, I'd love to run a nursery/greenhouse for wildlife related buyers.

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Rich, skinny, hung.

Still do.

Jim
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I guess I wanted to farm when I was a kid. Then I graduated high school and the Navy looked a LOT better than the draft. Was a navy firefighter and carpenter, hard hat diver, locksmith then machinist.Joined the reserves and became a submarine repairman.

Civilian life came along after seven years of playing sailor. I was a locksmith, cop, locksmith, salesman, mortgage banker, worked in excavation, machinist, environmental stupidvisor, metallurgical tester, hard chrome plater, ACAD draftsman, ran a service station, truck mechanic, maintenance man an cook at a kids camp and now a truck driver. Looks like I will retire to farming soon but I still have no clue what I would like to do if I ever grow up.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I've always, at least as far back as I can remember, wanted to be a Dad.

I've been very lucky...

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I wanted to be a professional boxer, then a career teacher, and then - a DAD.

I'm proud to say - I did them all.

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

"Nothing in life - can compare to seeing smiles on your children's faces."
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
For some strange reason, I wanted to be a Carpenter. Instead I did my apprenticeship as a Cabinetmaker. Liked it a lot, but still longed to be a Carpenter. Worked as a Residential Remodeling Contractor several times, as well as doing light commercial Contracting. 20 years ago I found myself working as a Project Coordinator for a high-end Commercial Millwork shop. The last 5 years, I have been a Finish Carpenter in the high-end Commercial Millwork field.
Working in the field beats the Hell out of management position! Wiping butts and arguing with General Contractors and Architects can wear you down.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wanted to be a wealthy playboy. Joined the AF instead, not wanting to play Army, (1970), and met my wife to be. Odd that as soon as I saw her, it was over for me. I'd figured on being at least 32 before marriage, made it into my 20's at least. I'm now a "kept" man, ,and running Grandpa's child care. Life is great and it'll be 40 years in a month or so. I guess I made "wealthy playboy" after all, just different toys, refrigerator magnets and paint sets. (Typing with a 2 year old's toe in my ear right now redefines wealth). Even managed to live where I've wanted since age 7.

I'm not cheap, I'm frugal.
[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Controller/Auditor/CPA. Although I never got licensed as a CPA, I worked the other 2 jobs for a spell. Once there I realized it wasn't my gig so I switched gears.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Since I was a little kid I've worked with metal and made things.
Figured I'd be a gunsmith or a welder.
Dad said I'd loose interest in guns sooner or later, so better go with welding.
So I'm a welder with guns.

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (16gage, 1Longbow, 160user, 10ring1, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 68 invisible), 2,546 guests, and 1,217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,741
Posts18,495,082
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.