Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
I have always been in favor of distilling corn into alcohol�:)

Ethanol however, seems to be a loser with too many problems.
Lowering fuel mileage by 25 to 35% is a non starter for me.
Uncle Newt may have this one wrong.

However, the essence of Newt�s energy program would wean us off Raghead oil for good.
Raghead oil may always seem to be cheaper, but it is not when you factor in all the other costs.
Like the cost of Ragheads having us bent over an oil barrel and dependant on their tender mercies.
And the cost in blood, tears, and treasury.

If it takes extra effort such as subsidies to kickstart our energy independence��so be it.

Here are the top 5 ideas from Newt Gingrich's "Winning the Future:"

UTILIZE ALL OF AMERICA'S VAST ENERGY RESERVES, including oil, natural gas, wind and solar as well as the vast potential for nuclear power to produce clean abundant energy and American jobs.

TAX REFORM TO FAVOR JOB CREATION, SAVINGS, INVESTMENT, PRODUCTIVITY, RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT, including eliminating the death tax and capital gains tax.

GOVERNMENT REFORM TO MAKE EXECUTIVE BRANCH AGENCIES LEANER, MORE ACCESSIBLE AND MORE EFFECTIVE, including acquisition reform, better use of information technology and changing government work rules to make it easier to reward good workers and fire bad ones.

EDUCATION REFORM TO EMPHASIZE MATH AND SCIENCE LEARNING by giving tax incentives to those who pursue STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) degrees and allowing professionals using their math and science degrees to teach part time without having to go through the unionized credentialing process.

JUDICIAL REFORM including tort reform to cut down on frivolous lawsuits and stopping the worrying trend of judges using foreign law as precedent in US cases.

Last edited by BOWSINGER; 02/05/11.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
UTILIZE ALL OF AMERICA'S VAST ENERGY RESERVES, including oil, natural gas, wind and solar as well as the vast potential for nuclear power to produce clean abundant energy and American jobs.

Wiser men would know these should be developed before trying to use. Same as with ethanol, they're a fricken hoax, a government boondoggle and an incredible waste of money and resources. And for no other reason than to pretend to try and appease the liberal hordes they have created.... who are themselves nigh more than a fricken hoax, a government boondoggle and an incredible waste of money and resources.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Newt has some good ideas .Supporting ethanol ain't one of 'em .

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yep.. need another president who views FDR as one of the most effective presidents of the 20th century. I mean, really.. as Newt says, Reagan was only successful because he was a FDR Democrat first.

The Heir to FDR
By Newt Gingrich | The Hill
Tuesday, June 8, 2004

If we can combine the persistence, optimism, technological curiosity, and courage of Franklin D.Rooseveltand Ronald Reagan, we will meet the challenges of our generation.

There are significant lessons to be learned from studying President Ronald Reagan and President Franklin Delano Roosevelt that would help our generation meet the challenges of our times.

I combine Reagan and FDR because they were the two most effective presidents of the 20th century. Reagan was an FDR Democrat for much of his life. As late as 1948, he cut commercials for President Truman and senatorial candidate Hubert Humphrey (then the leading anti-communist liberal in Minnesota). We live in a world that would have been dramatically different without them.

In both domestic policy and foreign policy, it is impossible to explain the America of 2004 without looking at FDR's leadership in creating the New Deal domestically, the response to the Nazi-Fascist-imperial Japanese challenge, and the creation of a coherent Democratic Party majority that lasted from 1930 to 1994 (something no one could have predicted in 1930).

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Yea,thats a RINO talking......

I hope he runs.

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
However, the essence of Newt�s energy program would wean us off Raghead oil for good.
Raghead oil may always seem to be cheaper, but it is not when you factor in all the other costs.
Like the cost of Ragheads having us bent over an oil barrel and dependant on their tender mercies.
And the cost in blood, tears, and treasury.

Wasent Jimmy Carters Dept of Energy suposed to do that as well? How'd that work out? Government is not the solution, its the problem.

You also say that foreign oil is not cheaper when you factor in all the other costs, what are thoes other costs?

A lap dance is sooooo much better when the stripper is crying
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Here are a few of Newt's suggestions:

1) Jobs, jobs, jobs. Gingrich recommends a 50 percent reduction in payroll taxes, a 100 percent write-off for small business investment in tools and technology, zero capital gains, and lowering the corporate tax to 12.5 percent. Obviously, we are talking about private sector job creation.

2) Balance the budget. From 1994 to 1998, federal spending growth was held to 2.9 percent annually, the smallest increases since Calvin Coolidge. The result was four years of surpluses and a $405 billion reduction in the national debt. Much would now accomplished by devolving power to the states under the 10th Amendment.

3) An American Energy Plan. Drill here, drill now. Build nuclear reactors. Rein in the Environmental Protection Agency's "bureaucratic dictatorship on energy production."

4) Congressional Appropriation Reform. Eliminate earmarks, post bills 72 hours before voting, reverse the Republican spending habits that undermined fiscal discipline during the Bush Administration.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Talkin' is Newt's long suit .Backin' ethanol subsidies is NOT a conservative position .

Of the twenty or so people mentioned as possible R pres. candidates ,I honestly think that Newt is the only one that is totally un-electable .

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
C
C
Newt is just remorseful that he got caught shaggin his intern while leading the charge against Clinton.

Now he is trying to make a comeback and bringing his baggage with him.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Wiser men would know these should be developed before trying to use. Same as with ethanol, they're a fricken hoax, a government boondoggle and an incredible waste of money and resources. And for no other reason than to pretend to try and appease the liberal hordes they have created.... who are themselves nigh more than a fricken hoax, a government boondoggle and an incredible waste of money and resources.

You're wrong about wind and solar. Ethanol on the other hand is the Edsel in our mythical energy policy.

Neither wind or solar are mature technologies but you have to start somewhere. The unit cost of producing power with solar is dropping quickly. Depending on where you are, solar panels on the roof and hooked into the grid can turn your annual power bill into a memory. It's a start...

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think Newt would SHRED Obama and make him look like a fool in a debate. I'd like to see Newt run just for that opportunity.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

I have said it before and I will say it again: "Newt would be the best President since Reagan, probably better."

Bows---Does this mean you abandoned the Palin bandwagon? Please say yes.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

607 members (204guy, 22kHornet, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 257 mag, 62 invisible), 2,502 guests, and 1,326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,602
Posts18,492,280
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.