E
458 socom in house, 308 Galil folder when out and about

Most people don't have what it takes to get old
GB1

I
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I
These days I have more hand guns than rifles, sold my AR so Id have to say my mossy & my 580 series mini 14.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Originally Posted by KevinGibson
Originally Posted by mudstud
Kevin, is a 590A1 not milspec?
Sorry, I wasn't aware they ever made that available to the public.

I bought one back in the mid 90's Great shotgun, but is dang heavy.

Dang, isn't it?

I've handled one at a gunshop. I suppose the weight helps some with magnum loads, but damn, I wouldn't like to tote it around on foot for any length of time.

- Tom

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
My choices for home protection are my Colt 16 inch AR (5.56) with red dot or a FAL varient 16 inch SA-58(7.62) as a primary with my Sig P220(.45) as backup.

Work is the same P220 as primary with AR in vehicle. P220 is just a tool to fight my way to the AR. Once AR is operational, it becomes the primary.
While out running the hounds in the bush, a 20 Ga. O/U is the primary arm with a S&W Model 66 on the hip for preditor protection for the dogs.

These are my preferred weapons but may change as the situation does.
GUNS OUT

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Kimberman
All of my rifles are hunting rifles, I dont own a tacticool rifle. My home defense long gun is an 870, and its a pretty plain 870 express, the only changes are a shortened barrel(20")with a plain bead, and an extended mag. I have never understood why people find the need to strap lights and sights and slings and collapsable stocks and side carriers and vertical forgrips and lasers and whatever else to a shotgun. Its a simple point and click platform, all of that other crap just gets in the way.
The new Kel-Tec, double magazine tube, bullpup, tactical, shotgun. grin

[Linked Image]

All that needs is a taser, a freon-powered dog whistle, and a spring loaded butt reamer, and you'd really have something. crazy

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

IC B2

GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Kimberman
All of my rifles are hunting rifles, I dont own a tacticool rifle. My home defense long gun is an 870, and its a pretty plain 870 express, the only changes are a shortened barrel(20")with a plain bead, and an extended mag. I have never understood why people find the need to strap lights and sights and slings and collapsable stocks and side carriers and vertical forgrips and lasers and whatever else to a shotgun. Its a simple point and click platform, all of that other crap just gets in the way.
The new Kel-Tec, double magazine tube, bullpup, tactical, shotgun. grin

[Linked Image]

All that needs is a taser, a freon-powered dog whistle, and a spring loaded butt reamer, and you'd really have something. crazy

I absolutely LOVE the innovative spirit at Kel-Tec. If they could get some good financial backing, I really think they could seriously shake up the market. They're doing pretty damned good on a shoe string budget. In many ways, this gun makes some sense. It's a very creative way to expand magazine capacity, the Achiles heel of combat shotguns. And I think it's very smart to begin with a pump action so as to minimize development troubles; sticking to something that is very proven. And while there are some disadvantages to pump action, they are few; a good trade for more reliability. Yeah, looks like a gadget gun now, but we'll see, this gun could have a future.

GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tjm10025
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Originally Posted by KevinGibson
Originally Posted by mudstud
Kevin, is a 590A1 not milspec?
Sorry, I wasn't aware they ever made that available to the public.

I bought one back in the mid 90's Great shotgun, but is dang heavy.

Dang, isn't it?

I've handled one at a gunshop. I suppose the weight helps some with magnum loads, but damn, I wouldn't like to tote it around on foot for any length of time.

- Tom
I've never understood the need for magnum in a combat shotgun. In 12ga if anything you have an excess of power, why on earth would you ever use magnum loads for defense? You just don't gain anything for the increase in recoil.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I carry a lever gun in .45 Colt. My handgun I carry with it is a Blackhawk .45 Colt. Neither of these make it onto most home defense lists, but this is the combo I'm most comfortable with, so they're the ones that stay loaded within easy reach.

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
I think of pistols as backing up rifles

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

598 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 160user, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 56 invisible), 2,632 guests, and 1,381 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,408
Posts18,528,036
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.