Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
[/quote] I heard about this story & sorry to hear you got ripped off. I'm convinced there will be no Caribou in my future unless an outfitter accepts cash upon arrival of hunt. Did anyone of the hunters attempt to contact a lawyer or least try to get a portion of there money returned? [/quote]

I E-mailed several Quebec law firms about help in filing a lawsuit and got no reply. Several other hunters tried the same thing with no luck.

GB1

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by Bill.338
[/quote] I heard about this story & sorry to hear you got ripped off. I'm convinced there will be no Caribou in my future unless an outfitter accepts cash upon arrival of hunt. Did anyone of the hunters attempt to contact a lawyer or least try to get a portion of there money returned?

I E-mailed several Quebec law firms about help in filing a lawsuit and got no reply. Several other hunters tried the same thing with no luck. [/quote]
and of course : most of the big operations are owned by lawyers including Safari Nordik ...

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
and more generally be ready for really bad news soon ...

http://www.quebecoutfitters.com/caribou-hunting-in-quebec-a-shared-tradition/

there is one herd that is low around 70000 and the other one they dont know and the numbers will be on the low side.

so if you re going on the hunting shows dont trust the salesman and of course ask him if he will be in the camp with you ... if not then first problem is occuring.

second unless is stated in the contract forget about being moved to a camp with caribou around when none in your camp they dont do that anymore unless you want to pay.
i ve seen too many hunters stuck in our camps last two years.

the caribous are located now very far in the far north quebec where no outfitters has camps nor hunting rights so be ready with a fight with inuit soon. as it occured in Schefferville in 2007.

some will get some caribous but it will be really by luck and the odds are really slim.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Have a friend who hunted caribou in Que. last fall. Very poor and not much help; from outfitter. Sorry don't remember who the outfitter was and my friend is out of province right now.

A group of six of us got badly burned several years ago. Based on my experiences in Que. both hunting and vacationing I haven't gone back there in years. If travelling to Vermont or New Hampshire I gas up and buy what ever else I need in Cornwall and then drive right through Que. by the shortest route.

Jim

J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Thanks for the input guys. Sounds like I am going to stay away from Quebec for a while. I have decided to go to Newfoundland with Effords hunitng adventures for trophy woodland caribou and moose. Thats if they still have a caribou season in 2012. I have heard nothing but awsome review obout effords.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In the October American Hunter magazine there is a leter to the editor about Safari Nordic that is not very complementary.

The few guided hunts I've been on, I was never able to find anyone that had anything bad to say about the outfitters I used, even when they went home empty handed. I would stay away from an outfitter that has several negative reports. Too many good ones out there to go with one with questionable service.

I have shot several caribou when I lived in Alaska so my interest in them is low. I do plan to go after mountain caribou in either BC or the Yukon combined with another animal within the next 4 years though.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Hunter with Safari Nordic in 1993. Ok hunt managed to take 2 nice bulls with a bow. Guys that have used them since 1993 have had good and many bad experiences with this outfitter.

Would book with Jack Hume Outfitters now if I wante dto hunt Quebec. However, be very careful when booking any Quebec hunts. The migration and numbers are way down now in Quebec. I would go to New Foundland or Alaska if you want a cariboo.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

643 members (007FJ, 160user, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 66 invisible), 2,654 guests, and 1,408 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,213
Posts18,485,459
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.