-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
To those of you that are happy to be former boat owners, I gotta say, you just had the wrong kind of boat.

I've got the perfect boat for me.

Maintenance - A coat of varnish on the hull every 3 or 4 years.
Motor - Runs on beer, bagels and belly fat.
Trailer - None. Rides in the bed of my truck.
Registration - Not required in NY (under 16')
Storage - Hangs in the garage in the winter.
Utility - It is a combination fish trolling machine, remote water exploration unit, family entertainment center and hunting season physical conditioning device.

When I get rid of it it will be to pass it on to one of my kids.

Adirondack Guideboat, lines for the hull were copied from a boat built by H. Dwight Grant of Boonville, NY in 1905.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
15' Koffler Pram

[Linked Image]

and a Gheenoe

[Linked Image]

Protect WYDAHO fish and game, fence out Utah.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Here is a picture of my boat, 20 foot jet powered by a 350 chevy.

[Linked Image]

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Here is a few more pics.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Great fishing boat, pull water skier or just have fun.
Side note this boat is for sale.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

[Linked Image]

Barefootin' Machine

[Linked Image]

IC B2

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by DeerTracker
Originally Posted by Glacier_John
Originally Posted by DeerTracker
Glacier John, was that pic with the swan taken at Freezeout?

Yep, good eye. I see you live in Choteau. I would love to have a place over there. What a great town and part of Montana. We stay in the Big Sky Motel when we hunt Freeze out once or twice a year.

John

What pond could you actually get a boat into? Only boat I have ever seen out on the ponds was a little mud boat with about a 5hp mudbuddy motor.

We've hunted pond 5 for years with mine or my buddies Devlin's, both have 50 HP Mercs on them, we do have to trim them way up in the shallow water as we get in close to the cattails.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Southerntier8
To those of you that are happy to be former boat owners, I gotta say, you just had the wrong kind of boat.

I've got the perfect boat for me.

Maintenance - A coat of varnish on the hull every 3 or 4 years.
Motor - Runs on beer, bagels and belly fat.
Trailer - None. Rides in the bed of my truck.
Registration - Not required in NY (under 16')
Storage - Hangs in the garage in the winter.
Utility - It is a combination fish trolling machine, remote water exploration unit, family entertainment center and hunting season physical conditioning device.

When I get rid of it it will be to pass it on to one of my kids.

Adirondack Guideboat, lines for the hull were copied from a boat built by H. Dwight Grant of Boonville, NY in 1905.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Absolutely love it...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by Southerntier8

[Linked Image]

Lots of REALLY nice boats here but that one gets my vote for it's "cool" factor.... cool

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
We picked this little jewel up back in '06 from Bart Starr's Rawhide Boys Ranch. Bart and his wife started this charity up in back in 1965 for boys that had wound up on the wrong side of the law. The Ranch teaches them a trade either in construction or auto mechanics. Cars and boats can be donated and are used for training and then sold via auctions.
This boat is used for camping on the Mississippi River. I have more in the trailer I put under it than I do in the boat. I have since bought two more boats and jetskis from the Ranch- I believe it's for a very good cause.

[Linked Image]

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by lhonda
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by lhonda
Originally Posted by rost495
[Linked Image]

16x8 Ronnies hull, 454 about to be swapped for a full roller 496 at 615 hp.

That is one awesome machine. I know zero about them, but with that kind of power, would think you could run over just about anything, in some of the thickest swamps and thickest watery vegetation that gives misery to us prop guys. Just run over it! One of those could have saved me probably hundreds of cumulative hours of righting entangled/fouled props, but as my runs are almost always less than a mile, can't see it being practical. But then WTF's that got ta do with it? wink

Neat thread.

Oh if its got anything wet to it, nothing can stop it. But green grass will, sticky mud can. Sand either wet or dry can stop any airboat if you are out of the water and sometimes if its only an inch or two of water it can get interesting on hard pack sand. The way it is though, with dry grass in the winter I can come out of the creek, run up about a 10 foot tall levee, spin it around on top and park it dry. I"ve not driven miles of dry, but I've driven probably half a mile dry down at the coast on the grass and buckbrush just to see how it runs... problem is if you do get it stuck.... took us 1.5 hours to dig it out of mud one morning last september.. and was very lucky that it broke free. And they will submarine on you... no level floatation etc..... thats why the first one mentioned... the 500, will be rebuilt to freshen the motor and sold... its sides and transom are too shallow and I got my Captain Nemo badge with it when the motor hesitated in a hard turn.....

Deep water is NOT your friend in one... but 6 inches to 1 inch is a blast....

Thanks for the explanation. Someday I just gotta' spend an afternoon on one of those rigs. I could see it pitchpoling if the nose got buried and you were still on the hammer. Something to remember if I ever end up behind the 'wheel' on one. Thanks for taking the time.

I now own 2 little runaround duck rigs, with one rigged to fish stripers/other. Just sold off my other little camoed Starcraft. Couldn't really justify owning 3 little boats that basically do the same thing. Though I certainly tried! wink

You'll ride... just gimme a couple more years to get back to normal here and upgrade the boat a bit... and then its pintail city.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Kenneth
Lake Michigan. Racine area. Thats the Wind Point lighthouse in the background.

620 and as much fun as I can stand..Family or fishing with the buds, it dont matter....I love being on the water

My 4th grade teacher here is from Racine... We've visited a number of times and fished out of Racine a few times... always had a good time. Went to taxidermy school in Janesville to many years ago..... small world sometimes.

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Small world is right.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Hammerdown

Great fishing boat, pull water skier or just have fun.
Side note this boat is for sale.

That is a nice little rig!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
The only one Katrina didn't get was my 21 foot Wahoo, and I sold that last year. I am boat free except for a couple of pirogues. And couldn't be happier.

Steve,

Any pics of your pirogue's??? I don't have any use for a big boat, but pirogue would be fun sneaking around the back waters of some of the wet lands over here.

If I had the time and facilities, I'd love to build one of these from a kit..

Last edited by Pete E; 02/17/11.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pete E
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
The only one Katrina didn't get was my 21 foot Wahoo, and I sold that last year. I am boat free except for a couple of pirogues. And couldn't be happier.

Steve,

Any pics of your pirogue's??? I don't have any use for a big boat, but pirogue would be fun sneaking around the back waters of some of the wet lands over here.

If I had the time and facilities, I'd love to build one of these for a kit..

Geez Pete,
I figured you would have put up a pic of the HMS Hood!
Where's your patriotism, Man?
grin

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It happens..................(grin)

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 340boy

Geez Pete,
I figured you would have put up a pic of the HMS Hood!
Where's your patriotism, Man?
grin

The Government saw fit to never let me play in anything bigger than one of these:

[Linked Image]

Good fun, but a little smaller than the Hood! grin

Last edited by Pete E; 02/17/11.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
KCBighorn: That is indeed the Beavertail putin. The whiterwater image is Buckskin Mary on the upper river. Got that boat in 1976, and it's done a lot of river miles.

1Minute
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
At one point in time I figured I needed a boat, so I built one.

[Linked Image]

For getting to shore, and for the kids to play with

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

occasionally I catch a fish or two

[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Cool thread, lots of nice boats and neat pics.

This is all I can offer and it's not even my boat...(grin)
[Linked Image]

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

194 members (308xray, 338reddog, 300_savage, 16penny, 280shooter, 29aholic, 29 invisible), 2,221 guests, and 1,118 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,367
Posts18,488,261
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.