-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Don't need to eat a [bleep] sandwhich, and all that..........

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
GB1

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Wow, so you haven't killed anything with a Barnes? Have you ever imagined killing something with a Barnes? What were the particulars of that imaginary hunt?

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
My .243 is going to be spitting out 85 grain TSXs for this deer season, and I am just as confident that they will do what needs to get done as I am in my .30-06 with 180 grain partitions. Big whoop. The .243 just happens to be lighter, and is plastic stocked (Micky on the way!), so it will get hauled more frequently, if I had to make a guess.

This isn't 'Nam Donny, there are RULES...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Got a call from Barnes today the first 7mm LRXs will be tipped this week and I am supposed to get a few boxes.

The LRX is a tipped X with a higher BC and lower min velocity for expansion.

Time will tell if they are an improvement but we hope so.

We have to set a few guns up each year for California�s no lead zones and this might be just the ticket.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BCBrian
Even with the naysayers - and they are few - in comparison to the converted - I noticed no "failure" pictures showing the newer TTSX design.

I suspect we won't be seeing any either.

First one of the Pic's I posted is a TTSX... it's an unopened banana.

TTSX:

[Linked Image]

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I think I hold a grudge against 'em going back 7-8 years ago when I was working up loads for my .358 with the X bullet. I spent significant money on the damn things, getting generally good groups BUT with the occasional head-scratcher of a flyer. Big time flyer I mean. But still, it was workable as a timber elk load, which was the whole idea.... so what happens? They discontinue it.

The fact they are always making big, significant, unannounced changes to their bulletsjust leaves me cold, too, like the ones Klik mentioned.

I'll be loading them again this year (8mm 180's or 200's) for one of my elk rifles but considering the above, the high documented failure rate, low BC, and way overpenetration <GRIN> I just keep passing on the koolaid intoxication that others can't resist.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by StumpDodger
I dealt with a lot of foul mouthed know-it-all lightweights before the internet came along.

Tell us more Bangkok bar boy stories!

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Serious question from someone that knows nothing about Barnes bullets-
Are the guys that bust shoulders getting a different opinion of TSXs and other mono bullets as compared to the lung shooters?
Thanks

Fred

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I'm a bone buster, always have and always will be. I love the Barnes for it and it don't destroy as much meat forward, for what that matters.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Steelhead, yea, I know you bust shoulders and was hoping you'd respond.
In my own small experience, I have always tried to match bullet placement to the type of bullet being used. For example, before I learned that Ballistic Tips were bad bullets, iused them on deer and elk with no problem, I am a lung shooter most of the time.

thanks.

Fred

IC B3

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I only ever had one BT 'fail' it it didn't open. That said, I found them too destructive for my liking when punching the running gear.

I still like a bullet that works when everything is wrong and can get to the goodies from any angle and bust bone. Things can go bad in a hurry, but you know that.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Another shoulder driller. Most everything my boys and I have shot through the shoulders with a TSX has dropped in it's tracks, or only gone a few steps.

Exception is a Red Stag my oldest son shot this past November with a .284 120gr. TSX

Stag ran for 30 yards.... although, probably half that distance was covered with his front half on the ground, and his rear legs plowing him along till he gave out.

I've only shot a handful of deer behind the shoulder with a TSX (.257 100gr.) They always made a mad dash, covering up to 50 -60 yards at most. Insides were always a mess. Chunky soup....

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I only ever had one BT 'fail' it it didn't open. That said, I found them too destructive for my liking when punching the running gear.

I still like a bullet that works when everything is wrong and can get to the goodies from any angle and bust bone. Things can go bad in a hurry, but you know that.

If your prone to shooting in the arse, I am sure a Barnes is your huckleberry.

Go Ahead And Backup
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I knew you'd come around with more Bangkok bar boy stories. Bet you typed the shooting in the arse part with one hand.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
No bullet is infallible but there is a reason as to why it is becoming the bullet of choice for big game hunters everywhere. Last month at the Safari Club convention I spole with a gentleman who among his many hunts has taken all 23 species (?) of sheep world-wide. His bullet of choise? the TSX ot the TTSX. In Africa it is rapidly becoming the choice of Preofessional Hunters as well as clients. On a personal note the T/TTSXs are the most consistenly accurate bullet I've ever shot in more than ten calibers. My 257 Weatherby with 100gr TTSXs is incredibly accurate and kills them dead right there. I could go on. I don's dispute they have issues from time to time, but absolutely they've been a game changer and the marketplace reflects what their performance in the hunting fields produce.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
One in the hand - better than two in the bush is your MO, eh?

That explains all your rainbow rifles. laffin

Go Ahead And Backup
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Bend over bitch.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I'm a "take the shot that I have" shooter. If I see something I like, that I've passed up a bunch of animals for, I don't wait for it to turn broadside. I shot my bear last year quartering towards me. He landed quartering towards me..(grin) X's have a funny way of making that happen.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Got a call from Barnes today the first 7mm LRXs will be tipped this week and I am supposed to get a few boxes.

The LRX is a tipped X with a higher BC and lower min velocity for expansion.

Time will tell if they are an improvement but we hope so.

We have to set a few guns up each year for California�s no lead zones and this might be just the ticket.

Sounds like a bullet we both could agree on.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Bend over bitch.
Dont do it....

The ladies man will surely bonk you........

Thank me later......

Queers.......

and yes, I'm the man.............
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

623 members (10Glocks, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10ring1, 007FJ, 65 invisible), 2,474 guests, and 1,325 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,203
Posts18,485,320
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.