Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I was one of two people who drew a permit to harvest leopard at my Namibian outfitter's place, Ozandjahe Safaris. The hunter who drew the other permit killed a beauty already. Namibia is alleged to be a fine leopard hunting opportunity. I will find out in June this year.

I am paying 500 US a day for our 12 day hunt and 160 a day for my wife as a tag-alonger,photgrapher,part time hunter and faux bwana.If I tag a leopard, I'll be required to pay a trophy fee of 4K. I believe I paid 700 for the Cites permit and some other extraneous fees of which I don't completely recal as I write this. If I take all the animals on my wish list, my bill will be approximately 12K.

Karen will be offered at 1000 per hour.She's a team player!!

As a aside, Cheetah is prevalent in the area and can be hunted,as well.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by paul375
Buff in Namibia is expensive. I v'e seen it for as much as $14k.
Buff in SA is going �8300 in the Eastern Cape.
Leopard in Namibia (Waterberg) is going for euro 3100+ daily rate.

You need to find a new outfitter. I hunted with Eden this past summer (http://www.eden-wildlife.com/pricing.html) and had a fabulous experience. Daily rate for a Buff/plains game hunt was 850 with a 6500 buffalo trophy fee (US Dollars). I took a 42 inch bull. Dangerous game is hunted in the Caprivi (real wilderness hunt) and most of the plains game on Eden. That too is priced very resonably. For instance trophy fee for a kudu is 950. Jack Atcheson is currently advertizing leopard with Nick Nolte very competitively.

LEOPARD HUNT IN NAMIBIA - $13,500! Nick Nolte offers an outstanding leopard hunt over bait, 14-day hunts, hunt 3/1-11/15 in 2011-2012, all-inclusive $13,500. Trophy fees, leopard $5,000, kudu $1,200, gemsbok $600 and over 20 additional species available. All free range. Over 90% kill in last 5 years!!!

Nick is a tremendous guy and he and Isabel have great loge and lots of cats around Omaruru.

"We sleep peaceably in our beds because rough men stand ready in the
night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" Winston Churchill
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
That's a expensive leopard hunt,RedLeg.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Here is a great website to check out outfitters, in Namibia.

http://www.natron.net/napha/english/index.html

maddog

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I hope to go on a 3 generation hunt there in the near future.

ddj

Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. - Henry David Thoreau

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back. - Robert Ruark
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by trouthunterdj
I hope to go on a 3 generation hunt there in the near future.

Now that would be a memorable trip of a lifetime. All the best in making it happen.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by JimD
Originally Posted by Mark R Dobrenski
Me two...maybe a good place for a CF get together... wink

Dober

I can make it happen -just say the word!! The more hunters, the better the rate!

Jim

Jim,

Would you mind giving a general outline on something like this? Where (part of Namibia), outfitter, Includes/Excludes, hunting basis (1x1, 2x1 - I'm sure this would depend on number of hunters), Daily Rates, and Trophy Fees?

I know it's early but this might be something to try and organize for 2012.

Just thinking out loud . . .

Thanks for any info.

I'm becoming more tolerant of intolerant people.
G
GRF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I have spent one month in Namibia (May 2009)10 days hunting and 2 days fishing through Byseewah. Very happy with the outfitter. Fishing out of Henties Bay is a must, I caught a 2.3m long bronze whaler shark while fishing from shore. I have tried to post a picture I hope it works.

My enjoyed the trip immensely as well. I echo all of thw previous positive comments. I will return as quickly as finances allow.

G
GRF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I hope the photo worked this time. GRF

It did work; please see the attachment for shark picture the guide was Rainer (I don't recall his last name) The Byseewah Fishing Lodge in Henties Bay booked him for me. An amazing fishing guide.

Attached Images
2nam223.jpg (50.99 KB, 316 downloads)
Last edited by GRF; 02/04/11.
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Cool shark!Good stuff!

I did a month but inland; next time I want to do a week or 10 days along the coast.

IC B3

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by pinotguy
Originally Posted by JimD

Dober

I can make it happen -just say the word!! The more hunters, the better the rate!

Jim

Jim,

Would you mind giving a general outline on something like this? Where (part of Namibia), outfitter, Includes/Excludes, hunting basis (1x1, 2x1 - I'm sure this would depend on number of hunters), Daily Rates, and Trophy Fees?

I know it's early but this might be something to try and organize for 2012.

Just thinking out loud . . .

Thanks for any info.

How about spring of '13? Might be able to go then. Would like any info as well.

Thanks.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by isaac
I was one of two people who drew a permit to harvest leopard at my Namibian outfitter's place, Ozandjahe Safaris. The hunter who drew the other permit killed a beauty already. Namibia is alleged to be a fine leopard hunting opportunity. I will find out in June this year.

I am paying 500 US a day for our 12 day hunt and 160 a day for my wife as a tag-alonger,photgrapher,part time hunter and faux bwana.If I tag a leopard, I'll be required to pay a trophy fee of 4K. I believe I paid 700 for the Cites permit and some other extraneous fees of which I don't completely recal as I write this. If I take all the animals on my wish list, my bill will be approximately 12K.

Karen will be offered at 1000 per hour.She's a team player!!

As a aside, Cheetah is prevalent in the area and can be hunted,as well.

Right, but cheetah are not importable into the US.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Been there and it's a great place to shoot outstanding plains game. Make sure and go to an area that has the Hartmann's mountain zebra available as they are a lot of fun to hunt. and pretty rare.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
The cheetah are plentiful, the Europeans hunt them a lot. As the PH's over there say, cheetahs are only endangered in the USA.

McCake Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Appreciate the Posts and PM's received.

THANKS ALL, for ur time and info.

caint make cake outta [bleep]
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Went to Namibia 2 years ago. Had an awesome plains game hunt, and also was able to kill 3 cheetahs. I killed 2 and my dad killed 1, out of a pack of 6. It was very dishearting to not be able to bring them back. Yes we killed them for the pictures, but, when we showed up on the ranch that we were hunting Kudu on, we met with the owner, and he told us that if we seen cheetahs and didnt kill them, we would not be welcome back the next day. We found several kudu calves and oryx calves that the cheetah had killed, ate the prime cuts, and left the rest. The PH said that this particular pack was killing up to 5 animals a day. Dont know if I believe that, but non the less, I wasnt going to not be welcome back. Was pissed that I didnt get the other 3, but by the time that we got 3 dead, they were gone. On a side note, if your PH tells you that a cheetah will not charge, is full of chit. I have fist hand experience of this. I will just say, that 2 died on the spot, and the 3rd that I shot, was a long ways and running, and it wasnt the best of shots. The follow up, was at 7 yds straight on, as he was coming to eat our lunch.

Toby Joe

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Great 1st PG safari choice and wonderful folks...great German food. Affordable...

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Dober

That's an idea!

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
just booked my flights for a 15 day trip to Namibia in August.
Its gonna be a long wait.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by TOBYJOETRUBY
Went to Namibia 2 years ago. Had an awesome plains game hunt, and also was able to kill 3 cheetahs. I killed 2 and my dad killed 1, out of a pack of 6. It was very dishearting to not be able to bring them back. Yes we killed them for the pictures, but, when we showed up on the ranch that we were hunting Kudu on, we met with the owner, and he told us that if we seen cheetahs and didnt kill them, we would not be welcome back the next day. We found several kudu calves and oryx calves that the cheetah had killed, ate the prime cuts, and left the rest. The PH said that this particular pack was killing up to 5 animals a day. Dont know if I believe that, but non the less, I wasnt going to not be welcome back. Was pissed that I didnt get the other 3, but by the time that we got 3 dead, they were gone. On a side note, if your PH tells you that a cheetah will not charge, is full of chit. I have fist hand experience of this. I will just say, that 2 died on the spot, and the 3rd that I shot, was a long ways and running, and it wasnt the best of shots. The follow up, was at 7 yds straight on, as he was coming to eat our lunch.

Toby Joe

When I was in Namibia in 2008 a land owner told us basically the same thing about leopards. He said that if we saw one that we had permission to kill it for free! You can believe that I never wanted to leave.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."

Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

614 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 160user, 12344mag, 16penny, 01Foreman400, 59 invisible), 2,369 guests, and 1,213 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,823
Posts18,477,874
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.