Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
good thread Sean

I'd ask for you guys to consider adding to your list the DAV (disabled American Veterans)

they do a good job of keeping administration costs reasonable so a goodly portion of your funds go to the guys that paid a hell of a price for our freedoms

it's been my privilege to be in their Commanders Club for over 10 years running.

all of our freedoms are worth supporting and the groups that work to do so in our behalf

but without men and women willing to make the ultimate sacrifice it's just words on paper

god bless our troops

Agreed their program for voluntary transportation of Vets to and from the various VA Medical Facilities throughout the country is an excellent service. A lot of Vets are able to get the treatment they are entitled to through this service.

I drove one of the DAV Vans for years here off the Olympic Peninsula to VAMC Seattle and it is a service that helps veterans to and from their homes to VA Medical Facilities at no cost to the Veteran.

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
If you are concerned about the future of hunting, SCI is the clear leader.

V
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by GeauxLSU
Originally Posted by Mntngoat
in regards to TNC pro hunting policies http://www.animalpeoplenews.org/07/10/mccormickquits10_07.html

wonder is all the bunny huggers that support TNC are aware of this?

more good stuff
http://www.animalliberationfront.com/AR_Orgs/proHuntWildlifeOrgs.htm

ML
There is a reason 'bunny huggers' support them. Umm.... think about what you just posted. A 3 1/2 year old article about a pro-hunting (as defined by a self admitted anti-hunting group) president LEAVING and an article by an anti hunting terrorist organziation that labels Audubon Society, the National Wildlife Federation, the Nature Conservancy, the Sierra Club, the World Wildlife Foundation as PRO hunting! shocked (That is a cut and paste of organizations from their website, not my edited list.)

I do believe this is a classic case of .... "consider the source". wink

My point, and I didn't intend to name any organizations in particular, about TNC is this. Yes they allow hunting on SOME of their properties but I honestly believe they view hunters as 'useful idiots'. Meaning, you give them something (free labor etc.) and they 'may' allow 'some' hunting on 'some' of their lands IF and... this is key... it fits in with their agenda. The problem is, their agenda is generally one of protecting a particular NON-GAME species or habitat specific to that species. It is never about conserving "hunting lands". Now please don't misunderstand, butterflies need protecting too.... wink but I believe the point of the thread was about which organizations are the MOST deserving of hunters dollars.
I think TNC is a great organization that does great things for land conservation and have a personal pending transactino with them. No, they are not perfect nor is any other org. But should they be the first place for HUNTING dollars for land conservation? I think there are better places.

As far as TNC seeing hunters as "useful idiots", I beg to disagree. Having worked for, and with, them, that's far from true.

No, they are not a "hunting first" group, but their actions have secured millions of acres for future generations to be able to hunt, fish, hike, camp, trap, etc. Look to the Adirondacks, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine, alone for verification.

And, again, the lack of such groups being being mentioned perhaps says something...

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Just two for me:
1) LAGNAF
2) DILLIGAF

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Swedish Bikini team.

[Linked Image]

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
IC B2

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (160user, 10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 219 Wasp, 12344mag, 1badf350, 45 invisible), 2,190 guests, and 1,177 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,093
Posts18,501,981
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.