Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#4953640 02/18/11
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I hate to do this but it's time to sell my Palm IIIxe. My iPhone does everything it does, so it's time to share with someone that could get some good use out of it. It's loaded with features: calendar, phone book, notes page, and much much more!

Here's the manufacturer's description:

You've seen them all around you. The Palm III from 3Com is the organizer that's the size of a deck of cards and small enough to fit into your shirt pocket. Stop struggling to find your datebook each time you need to note an important meeting. With a Palm III you'll have already entered that meeting information and be ready for more. And its 'datebook' has a built-in alarm to remind you of that meeting, so you can focus your attention on the more important matters at hand.The Palm III stores thousands of addresses, to do's, schedules, and personal notes. It stores thousands more items than the Pilot Professional. And the Palm III supports email with its optional Pilot modem, as well as infrared wireless data communication. Imagine keeping up with your e-mail by carrying something the size of a deck of cards! You can keep up with your life without having to carrying a fifty-pound day planner. Unlike most personal organizers, the Palm III comes with a cradle that allows you to seamlessly synchronize your data between the Palm III and your PC. So you can update your PIM software on your PC -push a button- and you and your Palm III are ready to go. Entering information on the road is simple. Write in the information with the stylus on Palm III's award winning Graffiti software or use the on-screen keyboard. One of the disadvantages of earlier PDA's was that you spend weeks entering data, then the batteries fail and you lose everything. By synchronizing the Palm III with your desktop you create a permanent backup. So, no matter what happens to the PDA, your information is always safe. The Palm III has a backlit screen, so you can read and enter information anywhere- in a dark car, a conference room or a restaurant. When you discover how incredibly useful the Palm III is, you consult it frequently.

Here's a link to one for sale on Amazon for $247: Palm IIIxe on Amazon

I can't find the cradle or instruction manual for it, but am sure you can find those items on ebay or similar.

I'm only asking $199.95 for it. Cash or money order (not from USPS) only. None of that paypal stuff.

By the way, this is the non-color version. I find that it's much less distracting than the colorized screen version and uses less battery as well.

P.S. Two AAs included in price, but shipping will be extra.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited by 300WinMag; 02/18/11. Reason: Lowered Price for Quick Sale
GB1

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Reduced to $189.99!

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Nobody bit on my joke post.

However if anyone wants this shoot me a PM. It is a "vintage" piece of electronics. I'm amazed at how quickly this once High-Tech gadget has so quickly become a door stop.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (1OntarioJim, 1lesfox, 1Longbow, 1234, 1badf350, 60 invisible), 1,762 guests, and 1,296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,506
Posts18,530,298
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.