Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
If Remington made a run of 700 Classics in 358 Win
I would buy one.

HR IC

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So, are those the only special run guns? Sorry to get back on track, y'all.

�When in doubt, I whip it out.� Uncle Ted
[Linked Image]
KDK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Big_Redhead
Originally Posted by Tom264
Blah.

What if they announced a remake of the Gen 1 Ti in 7-08, 260, and 243? Would that be "blah?"

I'd be buying at least two of the three.

Originally Posted by ingwe
This is a shooting forum, there is no place here for logic.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Oh it was at least that old! But she is two up on Swampy since she used her 7mm-08 and didnt shoot it out of a golf cart! Hell, we even brought the whole thing home and didnt waste 98% of the meat like he does.

Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by ColdCase1984
So, are those the only special run guns? Sorry to get back on track, y'all.

Yes.

Sorry to get back on track.

But yes I bought one in 25-06. Need one to finish my collection of 7600's.

Stock is ugly as all get out but have not decided if I'm going to change it yet.

I had a 25-06 in the black/gray laminate. Traded it for a 257 Roberts. That stock was even uglier.

I hope they do a 35 Whelen carbine, 358 Winchester carbine and a 260 Rem next year. Or almost any carbine.

Last edited by mike103; 02/17/11.
IC B2

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
JohnMoses: Your posting is simply crap on a plate!
I have a significant arsenal full of all manner of Remington centerfire Rifles and they ALL shoot from good to excellent!
ALL OF THEM!
In fact I can NOT recall ever having a Remington centerfire bolt gun that I thought shot POORLY!
And, as always (to combat you folks that do not quantify or specify ANY of your Remington bashing!) I will include specific information on how well my most recently purchased Remington centerfires shoot.
Recent purchase #1: Remington 700 VTR in caliber 223 Remington accuracy - Best group (5 shots at 100 yards) to date = .551" and worst group (5 shots at 100 yards) to date = .881" - this by the way was a load development group.
This Rifle is set up for predator Hunting and has only a 3.5x10 Leupold on it!
Recent purchase #2: Remington 700 SPS-V in caliber 22-250 Remington accuracy - Best group (5 shots at 100 yards) to date = .344" and worst group to date = .453". This Rifle still has a 36 power bench rest scope on it as I am finishing load development for it.
One more specific example just to shut you up - if you don't mind?
Recent purchase #3: Remington SPS-V in caliber 223 Remington Best group 5 shots at 100 yards) to date = .372" and worst group to date = .372"!
That is not a typo - after initial sight in and barrel break in last fall I have only fired ONE group with this Rifle to date.
Last falls Antelope, Deer and Elk seasons interrupted my load development with this Rifle and that is all the shooting its done. I have a Leupold 6.5x20 variable on this Rifle and it obviously LIKES the Berger 52 MEF's I tried in it.
Now to de-bunk your trigger blather!
I have been shooting Remington centerfire bolt action Rifles for going on 50 years now - I have NEVER had a Remington trigger fail me or that "won't fire on its own" - as you posted!
Over the decades I have fired far in excess of 100,000 rounds of centerfire ammo through at least 100 different Remington bolt action centerfires and NEVER had a trigger fail me!
I currently own and shoot 45 Remington centerfire Rifles and 2 Remington centerfire pistols and "I" am still waiting patiently for ANY of them to "fire on their own"!
In addition to MY experiences I have observed countless other Remington centerfire shooters fire COUNTLESS rounds of ammunition and I have still to witness the first Remington Rifle "fire on its own"!
If this is NOT enough specific information to dilute your "crap on a plate" style of ambiguous Remington bashing then just let me know - I have plenty more "specifics" to pummel you with!
Yeah, Remington IS continuing their run of "special guns" this year - continuing on their run of 8 or 9 MILLION centerfire bolt action Rifles of various models over the past 60+ years that so very often shoot straight!
There are REASONS the Remington bolt actions are the best selling factory bolt action centerfire Rifles in the world - and obviously those REASONS are apparent to most everyone but YOU!
Long live Big Green!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Settle down VG, settle down.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
JohnMoses: Your posting is simply crap on a plate!
I have a significant arsenal full of all manner of Remington centerfire Rifles and they ALL shoot from good to excellent!
ALL OF THEM!
In fact I can NOT recall ever having a Remington centerfire bolt gun that I thought shot POORLY!
And, as always (to combat you folks that do not quantify or specify ANY of your Remington bashing!) I will include specific information on how well my most recently purchased Remington centerfires shoot.
Recent purchase #1: Remington 700 VTR in caliber 223 Remington accuracy - Best group (5 shots at 100 yards) to date = .551" and worst group (5 shots at 100 yards) to date = .881" - this by the way was a load development group.
This Rifle is set up for predator Hunting and has only a 3.5x10 Leupold on it!
Recent purchase #2: Remington 700 SPS-V in caliber 22-250 Remington accuracy - Best group (5 shots at 100 yards) to date = .344" and worst group to date = .453". This Rifle still has a 36 power bench rest scope on it as I am finishing load development for it.
One more specific example just to shut you up - if you don't mind?
Recent purchase #3: Remington SPS-V in caliber 223 Remington Best group 5 shots at 100 yards) to date = .372" and worst group to date = .372"!
That is not a typo - after initial sight in and barrel break in last fall I have only fired ONE group with this Rifle to date.
Last falls Antelope, Deer and Elk seasons interrupted my load development with this Rifle and that is all the shooting its done. I have a Leupold 6.5x20 variable on this Rifle and it obviously LIKES the Berger 52 MEF's I tried in it.
Now to de-bunk your trigger blather!
I have been shooting Remington centerfire bolt action Rifles for going on 50 years now - I have NEVER had a Remington trigger fail me or that "won't fire on its own" - as you posted!
Over the decades I have fired far in excess of 100,000 rounds of centerfire ammo through at least 100 different Remington bolt action centerfires and NEVER had a trigger fail me!
I currently own and shoot 45 Remington centerfire Rifles and 2 Remington centerfire pistols and "I" am still waiting patiently for ANY of them to "fire on their own"!
In addition to MY experiences I have observed countless other Remington centerfire shooters fire COUNTLESS rounds of ammunition and I have still to witness the first Remington Rifle "fire on its own"!
If this is NOT enough specific information to dilute your "crap on a plate" style of ambiguous Remington bashing then just let me know - I have plenty more "specifics" to pummel you with!
Yeah, Remington IS continuing their run of "special guns" this year - continuing on their run of 8 or 9 MILLION centerfire bolt action Rifles of various models over the past 60+ years that so very often shoot straight!
There are REASONS the Remington bolt actions are the best selling factory bolt action centerfire Rifles in the world - and obviously those REASONS are apparent to most everyone but YOU!
Long live Big Green!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

I have 3 remington rifles. A 22-250 that was made in the 70s, an sps 300WSM that has the old style trigger(before xmark) and a new sps 243 that has the new x mark trigger. Only fired 17 rounds through my 243 and then it went off by itself when I opened the bolt....I sent it in, they put a new trigger in it, havent had a problem since. I still like it but the trigger problem is not as rare as you make it seem.

Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
DeerTracker- wow that would fereak me out but you are the first person I have heard say in first person that it happened. Would like to hear from others who own(ed) rifles where this has happened.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I had a 700- 25/06 that I got in a trade it was unfired and brand new. Sold it to a buddy. While at the range it fired while he was closing the bolt. Did it several times, had the trigger and bolt taken a part and cleaned,and it did the same thing.Neither one of us did any trigger adjustments. I contacted Remington and they gave me the number to a smith in Saskatchewan.Called the guy(grumpy)knew all about the "problem"(which tells me he has had to deal with this before-scary). He blamed our tinkering with the trigger and setting it up to light(he is after all working for Remington so he will not put the blame on them). I have finally told my buddy to send it to a local smith and get an after market trigger put on. He can then again use(and trust) the gun. I worked with a fellow that had the same thing happen with his 700-8mm mag.,it fired while closing the bolt. He told me he sent it to Remington's repair shop(he is a US citizen) and they fixed it. I only hope my 8mm mag.-700 does not give me any problems.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 257STEW
I only hope my 8mm mag.-700 does not give me any problems.

Not hard to fix it it does, but I've had numerous Remingtons, with new and old triggers, and have had no issues.

Remingtons have always worked well for me, but I have not had a new one in 2 or 3 years, so can't speak to the current quality.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
My Remingtons have all behaved themselves, but they're older ones. Don't you know Timney stock went through the roof as a result of this Remington trigger fiasco. Just adds a $100 additional "tax" to the cost of a new Model 700.

I hear hoofbeats coming up from behind, sounds like the lowly Savage gaining on Big Green... That Irishman, Ron Coburn, has done wonders over there after he took the reins at Savage. Gotta admire where they are compared to where they were. And I don't own a single Savage... Maybe the Green Machine needs Ron.

DF

Last edited by Dirtfarmer; 02/22/11.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My only complaint about Remington; since they took over Marlin, Marlin quality has bottomed. Wood to metal fit, smoothness of action, bluing, finish, accuracy, all much, much worse since Big Green started running the show.

It's gotten to the point, that anyone in the know looks for pre-Remington ownership Marlins.

I still love to hunt with my levers, I'm sorry to see the 336/1895 go the way of post 1964 Winchester 94's.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Yeah, I hate to see a Big Green cloud hanging over the Marlin camp. I like my Marlins, too. Guess we'll be looking for vintage Marlins along with vintage Remingtons.

The bean counters are in charge and the Mike Walkers are in the back seat. Current passion seems to in be sales, more than in the product. Back in the day, it was the other way around. Then, one created and produced the best product possible and sales followed.

DF

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

646 members (160user, 10ring1, 12344mag, 117LBS, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 73 invisible), 2,709 guests, and 1,258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,737
Posts18,495,026
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.