Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Jim good to see your mommy let you out of your cage again.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter

Montany..

Not going to play the insult game with you.

If you look around on this gunwriter forum, Most folks here don't quite stoop that low.

The topic is GUN INVESTING- not you acting your shoe size. wink

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by jim62

Montany..

If you look around on this gunwriter forum, Most folks here don't quite stoop that low.

You didn't take your own advise very well now did you?

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by jim62

Montany..

You didn't take your own advise very well now did you?

Well, then act like an elder and lead by example. wink

I will, if you will.

Last edited by jim62; 02/23/11.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Jim you came on here starting chit. You had nothing posted on here but felt you needed to open your pie hole. So when you do so I gladly put you right back in your place. I know you don't like that but that is the way it is going to be. So why not just take your own advice and move along?

IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Jim you came on here starting chit. You had nothing posted on here but felt you needed to open your pie hole. So when you do so I gladly put you right back in your place. I know you don't like that but that is the way it is going to be. So why not just take your own advice and move along?

I noticed your post here and simply responded as a public service.

I figured just as many folks here need to be "saved" by your flawed "knowledge" of the gun market, as you feel need to be "saved" from a Greybull rifle.

I wonder if you stalk the ladies the way you "stalk" John Burns..??

Last edited by jim62; 02/23/11.

To all gunmaker critics-
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Jim your knowledge is well known if you can google it you know it. If you can't google it you haven't a clue.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Jim your knowledge is well known if you can google it you know it. If you can't google it you haven't a clue.

You mean just like YOU just did down on the gunsmithing forum when you asked about the cost of a Greybull stock?

And then 5 minutes later posted a "cut and paste" after you "googled" it?

To all gunmaker critics-
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Wow Jim you have nothing better in life then to follow all my post. Can you say Stalker??????

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Wow Jim you have nothing better in life then to follow all my post. Can you say Stalker??????

Actually, I was simply following what was a very good thread...

Until you showed up.

Then your utter BS had to be refuted for the good of many, at the expense of your inflated ego...

I know you country club types like to lick your own balls.

Just not much room for that here.

Most folks on this forum like to deal in reality.

Last edited by jim62; 02/24/11.

To all gunmaker critics-
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Wait until the nane calling starts in earnest.......

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Whoops, spoke too soon........

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

Whoops, spoke too soon........

Casey

You did..

BTW, he can dish it out as well.

He's really classy.

And smart.

In his imagination.

To all gunmaker critics-
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Brownings.

Best in the world!

Thank me later.... wink

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I did buy a Savage 99 in 358win about 15-18 yrs ago for $350. I saw one at the local gun shop, in the same condition as mine, selling for $795. That may me go HMMMM?

I don't drink or Smoke. I spend my money on gunpowder and gasoline.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by dmsbandit
I did buy a Savage 99 in 358win about 15-18 yrs ago for $350. I saw one at the local gun shop, in the same condition as mine, selling for $795. That may me go HMMMM?

Yep they have shot up in price.. And in many places, even $800 won't buy a pristine .358 m99

To all gunmaker critics-
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by RifleDude
I don't buy guns as investments.
I do..
Truthfully, there aren't that many guns that are very good investments at all, if by "investment" you mean an asset that brings a good monetary return later... at least compared to other traditional "investments."
True - but you can say that about nearly any type of 'investment'..

In order to profit decently, the investor (or rifle collector) must not only know the market, but know intimately the item one is investing in, as to rarity, condition, items included (box, tags, etc) and especially history.. I bought one O/U in '80 for $750 that I can get in excess of $3,000 today.. Not a bad investment..

Timing, condition, opportunity, history and knowledge is key..

And yes, I'll be sending my son through college with a part of my collection..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Redneck
I don't buy guns as investments.
I do..
Truthfully, there aren't that many guns that are very good investments at all, if by "investment" you mean an asset that brings a good monetary return later... at least compared to other traditional "investments."
True - but you can say that about nearly any type of 'investment'..

In order to profit decently, the investor (or rifle collector) must not only know the market, but know intimately the item one is investing in, as to rarity, condition, items included (box, tags, etc) and especially history.. I bought one O/U in '80 for $750 that I can get in excess of $3,000 today.. Not a bad investment..

Timing, condition, opportunity, history and knowledge is key..

And yes, I'll be sending my son through college with a part of my collection..

All true, but considering all the investment options one could engage in, guns don't rank anywhere near the top of the list as a whole. If you're dealing with a very specialized category of rare, collectible, high value guns, they can be good investments, but that doesn't describe the majority of guns.

It's certainly a more fun way of investing, no doubt, and I know a gent who made a very good living dealing only in high end bespoke English shotguns as a business. If you really know what you're doing, you can do likewise. I've just seen firsthand a lot of gun owners who aren't in the business of buying and selling guns who think their prized guns are worth way more than what they really are, and it's pretty sobering when they discover ol' Bessy's true value.

Ted
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't buy guns as investments. Truthfully, there aren't that many guns that are very good investments at all, if by "investment" you mean an asset that brings a good monetary return later... at least compared to other traditional "investments."

However, I definitely use the "investment" angle to justify the gun purchases I've made to my wife.

Your view is a bit narrow on investment related guns. Even if they decrease in value, there isn't one that I couldn't use and get more satisfaction out of it than gold, silver and so on. I don't trust the Stock Market, every available dollar I get is invested in different stocks and precious metals, namely Colt, Winchester, Sharps, etc.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I bought one O/U in '80 for $750 that I can get in excess of $3,000 today.. Not a bad investment..

2,000 of the 3 was eaten up by inflation over the 31 years. So the gun made you $32/year. Better than spending the money on women and booze but not a great investment as investments go. I guarantee I could make a heck of a lot more than $1k with $750 over 30 years of buying and selling guns than buying one and sitting on it.

Last edited by Mar336; 02/24/11.
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

146 members (35, arky65, 240NMC, 10Glocks, afisher, 11 invisible), 1,517 guests, and 846 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,603
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.