Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
jorge, I am so sorry to hear about your experiences with Hein... I am very lucky to have gotten my money back from them. Sure hope the creep gets his due!

HR IC

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yep, you were indeeed fortunate. We have a judgment against him and a Bench Warrant, but the law favors the perpetrator. jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
G
GF1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I too have taken a rippin' at the hands of a talented but unscrupulous fine gunmaker. This guy went bankrupt after stalling me or over two years (this was 18 years ago); he still haunts the industry, though isn't doing stockwork anymore that I know of. I know others who are spot-on honest.

At the top of the heap, IMO, is Roger Biesen. He's word is his bond, as it is with his dad. I'd deal with him again any time; am sure there are others. The real key is to be sure you know who you are dealing with, otherwise, do as JorgeI says and buy completed guns only.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Greg Hein.... don't get me started on that POS... mad

A well respected and proven rifle builder for Africa and DG to not overlook is AHR (American Hunting Rifles). Ed and Wayne have always delivered in excess of my expectations.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Both Hein and Empire asked me if I wanted to test their rifles and write about my experiences, and I told them yes. I sent George an FFL copy for my local dealer, and still haven't heard anything. I think that was 2003. wink

jim

LCDR Jim Dodd, USN (Ret.)
"If you're too busy to hunt, you're too busy."
IC B2

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by FOsteology
Greg Hein.... don't get me started on that POS... mad

A well respected and proven rifle builder for Africa and DG to not overlook is AHR (American Hunting Rifles). Ed and Wayne have always delivered in excess of my expectations.

AHR will get my money when the time comes for me to have a big bore bolt rifle built. Not only do they do fine work, but they have an active web presence as well on the Accurate Reloading forum which makes them both accessible, and more responsive to customer concerns and requests.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Greg Hein is a THIEF and a LIAR. I have a seven thousand dollar judgment against him and a bench warrant, yet the POS cops up there won't arrest his because it's only a "civil crime". I even tried to get the ATF and DA involved as I'm clearly not the only one that got [bleep] by this POS. I'm working on taking out a full page article in his hometown newspaper to let everyone know what a crook he is. jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
No!

G
G
Empire charged my credit card $8500 in Nov 2006 and George will deliver neither rifle nor refund.

If I would have ordered a Searcy double rifle I would have spent 2k more but I would have a gun to shoot.

Thanks for nothing George.

Guys, get a Winchester or a CZ and have a smith build it up.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
did you deny the charge to the cc company gonavy?

IC B3

G
G
Its been 3 1/2 years, but I think I will give them a call

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Welcome to the Campfire!

You are more patient than I...jim

LCDR Jim Dodd, USN (Ret.)
"If you're too busy to hunt, you're too busy."
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Funny. I would too. I never got the impression that any problems would arise from Empire when I went to visit George Sandmann at his place.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by GoNavy

Guys, get a Winchester or a CZ and have a smith build it up.

Good advice.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
That's what I have done, Bob. And if I tire of it someone will get a hell of a dependable rifle with a reshaped stock all courtesy of Dennis Olson.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
JS: I have seen Empire Mausers......I chose to pass. I would rather have a rifle on a M70 worked over by someone like Penrod or Simillion myself,for that kind of money.. JMHO smile

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
T
T
I don't think I'm patient enough to ever order one, but I liked the first one enough to buy another new & unfired Empire this week for half the current list price (with a brand new, unmounted Leupold VX-3 scope thrown in). If those deals keep coming up in "usable" cartridges- I have no need for 40 or 50-caliber bolt guns- I'll keep acquiring them. So maybe that means to me they're worth half the $$$?

NRA Benefactor
WACA Life Member
S
S
dose any one know where to buy scope rings for a Empire rifle? Sandmann kept my scope rings, I heard the company is closing.
www.empireriflesvictims.com

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Empire Rifles is closing? Who did you hear that from?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Was looking over an Empire that was recently delivered. Metal work was ok. Wood, finish & checkering were disappointing. Communications over recent months can best be described as "going down hill", to point of true surprise when the rifle was delivered. Strongly suspect that all is not well at Empire. Tread carefully.

Imagine your grave on a windy winter night. You've been dead for 70 years.
It's been 50 since a visitor last paused at your tombstone.....
Now explain why you're in a pissy mood today.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (219 Wasp, 10gaugemag, 160user, 01Foreman400, 1234, 1lessdog, 63 invisible), 2,316 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,325
Posts18,487,480
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.