Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Pete, the difference between the Daumers of this world and the batshit crazies is that under most circumstances guys like Daumer and Bundy appear normal. Their sociopathic disorder does not affect their ability to reason, and in fact they are often quite organized, intelligent, and can be very engaging.

People with dissociative/thought disorders are obviously mentally ill. They are obviously depressed, paranoid, disordered, etc; they will often make strange utterances, their speech may be nonsensical; they may hear voices telling them to do nasty things to others or themselves. If questioned, they will often have bizarre and often convoluted beliefs. Paranoid delusions, thought insertion (hearing the radio through the fillings in their teeth, for example), pressured speech, auditory hallucinations, paranoid delusions, blunted emotional affect.

These people look and act abnormally. Too often they've been a bit odd for years, so their families and friends try to gloss over the changes until the symptoms/manifestations are too great to ignore. In the case of women with severe post-partum depression, these changes will occur very rapidly over a period of a week or two, but because all women tend to become withdrawn and baby-oriented in the first weeks/months postpartum, it's too often overlooked.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
GB1

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by atvalaska

Terrie Robinson's twin sister, Sherrie Robinson, told WXVT-TV that people should not judge her sister before all the facts are known.

"She was a great parent, a good person. We don't know what's wrong. We don't know what happened. Do not sit there and call her a bad mom cause that's not what she is," Sherrie Robinson told the TV station.

This is a classic statement by a relative of someone who has slipped into severe mental illness. Sherrie knew her sister when she was well and relatively high-functioning. If she was watching (which you have to assume she was, twins are like that, right?) she must have seen changes occurring in Terrie. The fact that she didn't know what to look for or who to get in contact with to get this woman medical help before it was too late is really common.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
American "justice" ain't what she oughta be � but she's still s'posedta judge suspects first for what they DO, with only occasional incidental secondary consideration of who they ARE.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
blow me

Still trolling for a partner? Sorry, I thought you'd have hooked up by now.

Look, I don't hate you for the way you choose to express your sexuality. I'm just not interested in your offer.

I accept you for what you are. I believe you can't help yourself. There are indications it may even be genetic in some cases, perhaps yours.

To prove that I'm open-minded and helpful I've found you a local site where you can, hopefully, find a partner who enjoys expressions of your type of sexuality. It's called mudpacking isn't it? Are you the packer or the packee? Or perhaps you're a tea bagger? Or both?

Here's the local site for you. Enjoy!

Craigslist New Orleans Personals: Men Seeking Men

Oh, already been to that site? Sorry. Finding it was as far as I'm willing to go to help you.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
That was helpful...and oh so clever as well.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
FAIL! laugh

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BrownDog

I'm still trolling for a partner.

this is my favorite site:

Craigslist New Orleans Personals: Men Seeking Men

do you like my pictures?

you must have misunderstood me. I didn't really mean you could blow me. It's a figure of speech...it means...you're dismissed, bitch.

hope this clears up your confusion.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

you must have misunderstood me. I didn't really mean you could blow me. It's a figure of speech...it means...you're dismissed, bitch.

hope this clears up your confusion.

lolol

Now I enjoy watching our forum lawyer boys getting spanked every once in awhile but damm,...they can sling some fine insults from time to time.

Classic!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
IMO lawyers in general are pretty much fair game... they like to argue so bring some amount of flaming attacks on themselves...

In this "case" again IMO, Steve hasn't come anywhere near getting "spanked" since he started off with his "...somebody's doing some major projecting...." reply.

The self righteous annoying new guy keeps making Steve's observation more clear with each post.

Please don't feed the trolls!
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
blow me

My heavens you are cranky when you can't find a bubba to snuggle up to.

Why don't you prance on down through the French Quarter to cheer yourself up. You should be able to find someone else of your, uh, persuasion. Lots of beads and baubles for you to wear while you troll. Once you're all gussied up you should be able to score.

Maybe you can find one of those big masculine guys wearing leather pants and nice big high heeled boots. Why, you'll positively cream yourself just looking at him, especially if he's black. It's black that turns you all hot isn't it?

Why yes it is! That's where you came in on this thread.

Nighty nite, pumpkin.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Let it rest, Brown N � uh � Dog.

"Good enough" isn't.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You would think that nothing in the name of a common humanity could make a thread about an innocent child being found cooked to death in an oven a more pathetic commentary on human nature. This thread is proof positive that's not true.
Congratulations.

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One of the outstanding features of the Campfire is its superfluity of the most meretricious displays of acephalic, borborygmic, fecaloid, coprophagous wisdom, proudly shared and liberally distributed on every subject that comes open for discussion, for everyone's titillation without fear or risk of stultifying edification.

"Good enough" isn't.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Exactly. Well said.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You certainly have a way with words, Doc. grin

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Let it rest, Brown N � uh � Dog.

+1

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by GeauxLSU
You would think that nothing in the name of a common humanity could make a thread about an innocent child being found cooked to death in an oven a more pathetic commentary on human nature. This thread is proof positive that's not true.
Congratulations.

I could not agree with you more!

We went from the death of an innocent child to an entirely meaningless and gratuitious stereotypical comments on the race of the poor child's mother to repitious demands to "blow me" to my regrettably vile responses to the "blow me" rants of Steve_No.

I'll admit, I probably overreacted to Steve_No's original comment. It was obviously racist but mild by Campfire standards. (No, I don't for one nano-second believe that he intended to merely point out the "likely" demographic of the mother suspected of killing her child, his "defense" when the racist bigotry of his comment is highlighted. There was NO reason to even care what the mother's or child's race or ethnicity might be. The issue was the horrible tragedy of the child's death. No one but a bigot would care about the child's or mother's race.)

The impetus for what was probably an overreaction on my part was this: In the face of the basic tragedy and the unimaginable horror of the nature of the child's death the ONLY comment Steve_No could deign to make in his eminent wisdom related to the race of the family. Not a single expression of empathy for the CHILD.

The juxtaposition of the unimaginable horror that child might have suffered with the fact that the ONLY issue of note for Steve_No was the child's and mother's race just pissed me off.

Now, I'm not proud of humiliating poor Steve_No by pointing out the childishness and vileness of HIS "blow me" rants with by resorting to similarly vile drivel. But, it's apparently the only type of discourse he understands. He seems unwilling of engaging in reasoned discourse on the actual issue I raised with him and incapable of just letting it all go without having the last word, which for him seems always to be "blow me".

Let's face it, "blow me" is one of the most common forms of adolescent school-yard rants and bullying that some folks here employ with regularity. I detest bullies and have taken them on in every form I've encountered them since I was a child. So poor Steve_No simply further provoked me. I personally think he "deserved" what he got. But, those of you expressing the voice of reason may be correct. I should not have stooped to his level.

I've been a Campfire member for a few years and, should any of you care to look at my post count, you'll see that I seldom post. I come here mostly to learn and make a few contributions when I have what I think is actual information, and sometimes insight, that others may be able to put to use. I spend most of my time actually living life so what happens here is for me, as it should be, a minor diversion and a miniscule portion of my time and life.

I've gained much here from members with more knowledge than I on various subjects. But I've grown increasingly weary of some of the worst of the bigoted, hatred and mindless knee-jerk rants that, among some here, pass for discourse. I've also grown sick and tired of the adolescent chest-thumping expressions of "masculinity" and school-yard bullying that seems so closely associated with the bigotry, hatred, thoughtlessness, and lack of compassion.

Yes, I know, I could and generally do just ignore it and those who engage in it. But, recently, I've found it more difficult to refrain from addressing some of the more odious examples that have crossed my path here.

In the last few days I've had a little time to waste and elected to waste some of it here on the Campfire. I did what I rarely do and actually started a thread on an issue of interest (Christians, please advise...) that has brought out some very thoughtful discourse and, for me at least, highlighted some of the outstanding individuals to be found here on the fire (among which GeauxLSU is one) and prompted me to express my respect and admiration both publicly and privately.

It is of almost no concern to me how I am viewed here. The exception for me is that I do care how I am viewed by those of you with principles and real human compassion who do try to raise the level of discourse here and engage in thoughtful dialogue on subjects of common interest.

To you I offer my apology for my part in dragging a discussion of the tragic death of this child into the filth that Steve_NO and others wallow in regularly.

I'm not proud of it and I'll try to refrain in the future. I'm not a Christian and it's always been difficult for me to "turn the other cheek" but I admire those who are and live that principle.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
You are not part of the solution, despite what you think of yourself.
Don't let the door hit you in the ass.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bbassi
meth will do that to a person... I guess.

That's not meant as a joke. It's beyond my ability to comprehend how anyone could do that to another, let alone her own child.

I believe your drug is wrong, it's probably crack not meth. Homegirls aren't big meth. fans. They should be, i've never seen a fat methhead. Her drug of choice is probably crack, not that it matters. Sad situation for the dead child.

You all outa come out on the street with your local LE, and see all the wonderful things that we get to experience daily, involving child abuse and child sexual abuse. That along with deaths of children through homicide and automobile accidents.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
One of the outstanding features of the Campfire is its superfluity of the most meretricious displays of acephalic, borborygmic, fecaloid, coprophagous wisdom, proudly shared and liberally distributed on every subject that comes open for discussion, for everyone's titillation without fear or risk of stultifying edification.

Translation for dummies? :>)

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (1minute, 12344mag, 219DW, 06hunter59, 21, 204guy, 61 invisible), 2,518 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,605
Posts18,511,531
Members74,007
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.