Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I started killing deer with .22 CF's in 1967, .222 Rem. with 50 grain Norma factory sp's. I've killed a lot of them over the years with everything from .22 WRM to .45-70 and shotgun slugs. What rifle I take on a given day depends on the weather and what mood I'm in. Probably half the time any more it's a .223 with 65 grain SGK's over 27 grains of Varget. It works as well as anything for me. Then again, I lost my desperation to kill a deer long ago and pretty much only take slam dunk shots. The boys who try to hose down running deer in the woods and/or belong to the "just get 'em leakin' so you can track 'em down" school of deer shooting would probably be better served by bigger calibers.

Mathew 22: 37-39

GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Dog_Hunter
Originally Posted by M7300SAUM
The only thing that you can say is you have an opinion based on very limited experience

FYI, you [bleep] up right there.
Any one man and his friends I would consider very limited experience when compared to the number of deer hunters and number of deer killed. Scientific evidence trumps one man's experience. Are you here to help the guy out or can he handle the job himself? Just asking.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
He can handle himself, as can I.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Then why don't you let him? He needs to have a little more scientific data and a little less bravado and opinion. Now I'm going to get some stuff done that doesn't revolve around a cyber-forum, you go ahead and HANDLE yourself. Good Night.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
If you didn't notice, I sent you a FYI to help ya out. Trust me, he will handle himself. I have homework to do myself, so I will check the "cyber forum" a little later.

Sounds like you got sand in your vag. Take care.

IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Geez...another troll in the making....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
.270... gaaaack. What the hell have you killed with a .270??

Rumor have it a barn cat but some baiting might of been involved... wink

Dober

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Sheesh.... grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
barn cat too amart, muat have been a houae cat wandering

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Then why don't you let him? He needs to have a little more scientific data and a little less bravado and opinion. Now I'm going to get some stuff done that doesn't revolve around a cyber-forum, you go ahead and HANDLE yourself. Good Night.

Am I the only one who is unimpressed by short time know-it-alls and rule setters?

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Nope..sign me up...

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Seems a little bravado based on doing trumps a whole lot of dumbphucking by guessing.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Steely, where is your data..hmmm??? Data man data....give me data. Do you have data to back that data up? You can't possibly be successful without data. Friggen trolls. Flinch

Flinch Outdoor Gear broadhead extractor. The best device for pulling your head out.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Flinch
Steely, where is your data..hmmm??? Data man data....give me data. Do you have data to back that data up? You can't possibly be successful without data. Friggen trolls. Flinch
You know I got to thinking (which seems to be in short supply among some) about what you posted here, and I agree. Why should we want facts. We should just blindly believe any nonsense that someone posts on the internet with nothing of substance to back it up. What the heck is wrong with me?????? You must believe the world is flat. Laffin!

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
The fact of the matter is lots of folks on here have killed a pile of game with 22 CFs and have complete confidence in them. That's enough "proof" for them and me as well.

While I have not looked for it, I doubt you'll find much "scientific data" on the issue, just lots of magazine articles and posts from hunters using 22 CFs for deer and such.

There's nothing wrong with using bigger rounds if that gives you confidence. I have used 375 H&H and a 340 Wby for whitetails as well as a 22-250. I have never seen a difference in their performance and with a variety of bullets. They either fall on the spot or run maybe 50 yards.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
About time for this topic...

Every time it pops up a new group of idiots has moved in...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GregW
About time for this topic...

Every time it pops up a new group of idiots has moved in...

It is good to know that the fire has you to show us the error of our ways.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
The fact of the matter is lots of folks on here have killed a pile of game with 22 CFs and have complete confidence in them. That's enough "proof" for them and me as well.

While I have not looked for it, I doubt you'll find much "scientific data" on the issue, just lots of magazine articles and posts from hunters using 22 CFs for deer and such.

There's nothing wrong with using bigger rounds if that gives you confidence. I have used 375 H&H and a 340 Wby for whitetails as well as a 22-250. I have never seen a difference in their performance and with a variety of bullets. They either fall on the spot or run maybe 50 yards.
You seem like a clear thinking person so I will respond in a civil manner. If you will look back on my posts you will see that I NEVER said that the 223 would not kill a deer. I gave my opinion that I didn't think that it would kill deer any better and probably not as well. I offered an opinion which was what the OP asked for. I didn't start the dispute. Steelhead felt the need to give me a zinger over my opinion. He is the one who claims that they kill BETTER. If you want to accept that opinion, so be it. I prefer to use my good judgement and find his opinion questionable. If he can produce factual data I will apologize and yield to him. If not, for many of the reasons that anyone can feel free to read again, I'm not buying what he's trying to sell. I'm not out to convince anyone of anything. For anyone who thinks that he is correct, they better be shooting a 223 or have one on order or else they are carrying inferior equipment according to him. As I expected I'm getting the haters ganging up on me because I had the nerve to call into question a Campfire legend. I believe from what little time I've been on this board they would be called "ball lickers". I'm still learning the jargon but I figure that by the time this thread is over I will get the whole list of condesending terminology. Post counts don't impress me and neither does his aggressive style. But that's just me. He seems to be real popular here. Good for him. Bad for people who don't choose to worship him. As a former veteran myself, thanks for your service to our great nation.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Here is one reason. Speed impresses deer more in my observations.

[Linked Image]

Your turn JO

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

You seem like a clear thinking person so I will respond in a civil manner. If you will look back on my posts you will see that I NEVER said that the 223 would not kill a deer. I gave my opinion that I didn't think that it would kill deer any better and probably not as well. I offered an opinion which was what the OP asked for. I didn't start the dispute. Steelhead felt the need to give me a zinger over my opinion. He is the one who claims that they kill BETTER. If you want to accept that opinion, so be it. I prefer to use my good judgement and find his opinion questionable. If he can produce factual data I will apologize and yield to him. If not, for many of the reasons that anyone can feel free to read again, I'm not buying what he's trying to sell. I'm not out to convince anyone of anything. For anyone who thinks that he is correct, they better be shooting a 223 or have one on order or else they are carrying inferior equipment according to him. As I expected I'm getting the haters ganging up on me because I had the nerve to call into question a Campfire legend. I believe from what little time I've been on this board they would be called "ball lickers". I'm still learning the jargon but I figure that by the time this thread is over I will get the whole list of condesending terminology. Post counts don't impress me and neither does his aggressive style. But that's just me. He seems to be real popular here. Good for him. Bad for people who don't choose to worship him. As a former veteran myself, thanks for your service to our great nation.

PS: You might also want to learn about paragraph breaks

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

729 members (10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 12savage, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 1234, 77 invisible), 3,041 guests, and 1,498 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,739
Posts18,476,029
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.