Campfire Outfitter
R
chorizo and eggs wrapped in a tortilla is god like life

FJB
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Just ordered 15 lbs of various types. smile

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
If you can obtain some of the Basque chorizos. You would be appalled at some of the stuff that goes into Mexican chorizos.

Happy Trails!
NRA Life Member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Look up Michael's Provision Company (508) 672-0982 in Fall River, MA. They make the best.

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Had Buche de chorizo in a burrito for lunch today. From my understanding.... hearts and tongues and stomachs of pork(s) with seasoning and cooked rather than ground and stuffed into casings.
Traditionally, chorizo is made from the offal of the pig(s) rather than the more choice bits.

Funny being the only white person in the place.

.... like tears in the rain
IC B2

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
You forgot the most important ingredient. Pitutary glands. It don't matter just eat it. It's hasn't killed me yet in 55 years.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yep....most people don't want to know what goes into hotdogs

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm the only white guy in the Vietnamese place I go to. I had a bowl of Pho the other day, and noticed the spongy meat in my soup the menu called meatballs. They had pieces of gristle, possibly tendon sticking out of them. One day, I know I'm going to be sorry but I like the food.

It's funny when the waitress offers to show you how to eat the food. Ban Hoi is a bunch of stuff: roasted chicken and thin sliced vegetables. I order it and the girl puts a giant bowl of boiling water in front of me. Then she comes with a plate of shredded food stuff and a half a dozen rice wrappers. She takes a wrapper and dunks it in the water to soften it, puts it on the plate, fills it, wraps it and hands it to me. Another time, she showed me how to slurp soup noodles with chop sticks. At least they're nice about having a big gringo in their restaurant. I appreciate it.

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Chorizo, cut in chunks and fried up with peppers and onions, is about once a week here. My wife won't eat it but she sure can cook it!

Paul
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There is a beef mexican marinated mix, that I can't think of the name right now, but people that that, and throw in the meat from the chorizo, and mix it and grill it, plus beer in it for flavorings and moistere. Very good stuff. Many people plug the hole shut on a farmer's worn out disk blade, and use that as the skillet over a fish fry burner. Also throw in a few jalapino peppers, and whole green onions.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I got some chorizo one time & tried to fry it , it just kinda melted & spread out in the pan , kinda soupy like.

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 6mm250
I got some chorizo one time & tried to fry it , it just kinda melted & spread out in the pan , kinda soupy like.

Mike

That would be Mexican Chorizo. Very finely ground and fatty.
The Basque, Spanish and Portuguese chorizo is coarser and leaner, and will hold together.
Here, we can get great, locally made Basque chorizo, in links, bulk, (patties), and as a salami. Good stuff

Democracy is not freedom. Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to eat for lunch. Freedom comes from the recognition of certain rights which may not be taken, not even by a 99% vote.
*Marvin Simkin* L.A. Times (1992)
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Mike

look at www.tienda.com

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by mcmurphrjk

Mike

That would be Mexican Chorizo. Very finely ground and fatty.
The Basque, Spanish and Portuguese chorizo is coarser and leaner, and will hold together.
Here, we can get great, locally made Basque chorizo, in links, bulk, (patties), and as a salami. Good stuff

A big plus 1 on the Basque, Portuguese and Spansih chorizo, particularly the Basque. From my knowledge of what goes into Mexican chorizo....no thanks!

Roundup

Happy Trails!
NRA Life Member
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Messican snausage, made from sweepings off the floor and emptying out the sink trap. It's often very spicy, in order to mask what's actually in it.

To paraphrase Bismark, "People will sleep better not knowing how laws and sausages are made." Especially chorizo.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
All I've tried is the Mexican version, both beef and pork. It just turned the scrambled eggs reddish-brown, but also flavored them. Tasted OK, but was not like any other sausage I've ever had. More like a soup base!

I'll hve to try some of the other varieties, as the ones at the website looked great.

�That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.� George Orwell
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yep you need to. you don't have to order here but at least you can look at it huge difference in chorizo www.tienda.com

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (1minute, 204guy, 1936M71, 17CalFan, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 72 invisible), 2,310 guests, and 1,443 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,683
Posts18,493,917
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.