Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
GBB Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
You know that relative who only calls when he wants somthing? I am starting to feel like he (should) around here. I hope the people at the other campfires we see around don't mind us just droping in (seemingly) out of nowhere. Well, it is good to have somplace STABLE to meet.
<br>
<br>Good Sunday morning,
<br>
<br>GBB

GB1

GBB Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
I just read in the topic John started last time, that he thinks ANTIs are "hacking" the Marlin site! Well, that would be a (PITA) complement!
<br>
<br>GBB

Hey GBB I saw that you were here, so I thought that I'd stop in and say hi. Where is everyone else? Guess they will find their way. I sure wish that Marlin would get its act together with that board. All that knowledge, lost. Kinda makes a person sad. I have learned alot about my rifle and hunting in general. Well, I will be hangin out here and there.
<br>
<br>ArkansasHunter
<br>
<br>

A.K.A Squirlee
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
GBB: I DON'T THINK ANYBODY WILL MIND. THERE NEVER SEEMS TO BE MANY PEOPLE ON THIS WHOLE SIGHT. I'VE MADE SEVERAL POSTS HERE AND THERE AND SELDOM GET A RESPONSE. IT'S LIKE THE CAVE IS EMPTY SO WE'LL JUST HANG OUT A WHILE. LUCK!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
SQUACKS ,
<br>HEy how ya doing? I post here and on the Marlin Board, and i always get more responses there, it seems to me that this bored has a few guys that post alot and I find its kinda hard to get into some of the threads they start. Well i hope the Marlin Board gets the kinks worked out soon. Hey Hows the planning on that squirrel Hunt coming??
<br>YH

MARLIN 35Rem. THE ONLY WAY TO GO!!!!
IC B2

GBB Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Hi squi...I meen AKHunter,
<br>All these name changes make me more dizzy...
<br>I think allot of the old gard is hanging back this time, don't hardly blaim them. I've been back on the "big M" board and things seem calm.. For the moment. I've even posted there again, what the heck. Thanks for stopping in.
<br>GBB
<br>

GBB Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Hi SQUACKS,
<br>Aint this fun! Yes, much like an empty cave...
<br>Hello ello llo lo o..
<br>Still have one more month of GBT season in NY; took the 882ss out today. WOW, that's quite a little rifle! Around dusk I heard a GBT chattering the way they do... I was set up behind a big flat rock, so I kept scanning the trees until I saw him shaking his tail at me - out over a hundred yards. At 12x (my scope's max) he was this little tiny target. I went for a head shot as I always do, but at that range and at 12x I kept missing him (glad of that all in all) He was one of those dumba** young bucks. If he would have shut up and moved, he would still be up that tree. But he just seemed to get more and more pissed off with each MAXI-MAG that whizzed by his head. Finally I aimed "center of mass" and he took it in the shoulder. SQUACKS, you have an 882 right? So you know what you get when a small GBT takes a MM hp in the shoulder - sure he died a very quick death, but I ended up with half a squirrel! I'm going to give the scope 1 click to the left and go back to head shots - but I need an 18x or 24x scope for that bad boy! What's the max magnification on the scope on your 882ssv? (gawd, don't tell me 9x or something...) OK, tell me the truth, even if it is 9x and you still get those headshots at over 100 yards. I've never had a shot at over a hundred yards before!
<br>PS, I am not gonna eat that tore up half'a'GBT: saving him for 'yote (or fox if I get lucky) bait. Ya know, I don't know if it is legal to bait a varmint! Got to call the DEC AGAIN! Every time I call them, I find out another thing I can't do! Hmmm.
<br>What are you going to do with your free time 'till sep-21?
<br>
<br>Thanks for stopping by,
<br>
<br>
<br>GBB
<br>
<br>ps - I went and looked at the "optics" topic on this bbs - I guess I just don't know what I am doing. I am reading posts from guys going from a 3x9 scope to a 4x12 for shooting varmint at 400 yards! - now I am expecting that I will hear that you use a fixed 4 power to shoot GBTs at 100 yards. I really don't know what to do. It SEEMS like I am not getting enough magnafication... I realy could use the aid of your experience.

Last edited by GBB; 02/03/02.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
GBB: I HAVE BEEN USING A SIMMONS 6X18X40 AO PROHUNTER FOR QUITE A WHILE ON MY REM. 541T. BUT LATELY I BOUGHT A SIMMONS 4X12X40 AO PRO HUNTER AND PUT IT ON THE REM AND I PUT THE 18 ON THE SSV. I JUST SET THEM IN TODAY. I WAS SHOOTING THE SSV AT 200YDS FOR GRINS AND GIGGLES AND WAS HAVING LOTS OF FUN! I HAVE THE SCOPE SET FOR 100 YDS. AND I WAS JUST HOLDIN OVER THE BULL AT 200 YDS. I WAS AMAZED THAT I KEPT MOST OF THOSE SHOTS INSIDE A 50YD SMALLBORE TARGET AND EVEN GOT 1 BULL! NOW YOU HAVE TO REALISE THAT I HAVE NEVER SHOT AT A 200 YD. TARGET BEFORE. BUT RIGHT NOW I THINK THAT I COULD PROBABLY HIT YOTES FROM THAT DISTANCE. NOT SQUIRRELS. YET! JUST KIDDING. I NEED TO SHOOT THE SSV A LOT MORE TO LEARN WHERE TO HOLD FOR THE DIFFERANT YARDAGES. I BOUGHT THAT RIFLE TOO LATE IN THE SEASON TO USE IT MUCH. THINK I GOT TO USE IT TWICE. I SHOOT THE MAXI-MAG FMJ IN IT. HAVEN'T FOUND THE FEDERALS YET. I MOST OFTEN TRY FOR HEAD SHOTS TOO. GUESS IF I CAN'T SHOOT FOR THE HEAD I'LL JUST LET THEM GO. LUCK!

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
YOUNGHUNTER: THE DATE IS SEPT.21 IN THE SHAWNEE NATIONAL FOREST NEAR THE TOWN OF WOLF LAKE ILL. AT THE PINE HILLS CAMPGROUND. THAT'S AS PLANNED AS IT'S GOING TO GET! IT'S A CAMPING AFFAIR. HOPE YOU CAN MAKE IT. LUCK!

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Boys you ain't gonna believe this $#!^. Saturday I maxed my fourth Black Death Target with a group that went .180 with a squirrel rifle. Went Fallow Deer hunting and missed at 40 yards. Talk about hot and cold.

IC B3

GBB Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Good one john, but everybody's gone - bact to the big M.
<br>I'm just drinking my last cup of coffee, gonna let the fire burn down, we may need it next weekend. wink
<br>GBB

GBB Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Well that's about it for this little fire, just let her burn out, she will start back up if need, If the big M gdies again, I'll stop in and look around, drop a note if you stop in in the meen time...
<br>GBB

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Naw Im starting the fire again. As you know I can p!$$ gasoline. Now she is going good. I got those pilgrims at marlin talk all fired up over the Black Death Target. More fun than when my little sister got eat up by the hawgs. I made it like it was their patriotic duty. They are really p!$$ed off by now. they will probably hate me for about a week till somebody actually maxes the target. then they will give me the what for, I don't care that's how you make good shooters. You should have seen what they did to me. General Shwaskoff actally kicked me, and said you will be on my rifle team, he can kick me anytime. Its hard being the coach of Team top gun, but I get top gun results.

GBB Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
YOUR A HOOT JOHN!
<br>GBB

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 17CalFan, 222ND, 50 invisible), 2,580 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,582
Posts18,473,355
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.