P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
[Linked Image]

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm selling end of the world insurance. For just $1,000 you'll get $1,000,000 back if the world ends on May 21, 2011. If you are not sure you can also take out a credit swap on Wall Street as a hedge.

Any takers?

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
what a punch card game this would make. pay a dollar and pick a number. 7 billion people paying a mere 1 dollar each could do so much good in such a bet.

according to our Gregorian Calendar, it is Gregorian, isn't it?
someone with great skill, luck, and idiocy, has picked a date for the end to occur. of course, they could be correct, but the odds would be highly against it.

and we're so close to free sailin' for the human race. it could occur as early as 2050, even sooner. grin

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
No - Marty McFly went to 2015 so we know the world lasts that long at least.

Me

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Oh yeah it will....take it to the bank!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ringman
Boggy Creek Ranger,

Take a look at Matthew 24:35 and following. You will see he is talking about the end of the world which has to come after the the thousand year reign of Jesus right here on earth. It's like Jesus inserted a paranthetical statement when He said Heaven and earth will pass away but no one knows when.

Ringman I will bend my general self imposed prohibition against engaging in internet religious debate only because you adressed me directly. With the sad example of CATCF firmly in mind I will say this.

With all due respect I believe you are totally wrong. Nowhere in scripture can you find a single statment that The Christ will ever return and set foot on this earth again. The nearest you can come is a passage (disputed) in Revelation. To account for a supposed thousand year reign on this earth you must say that The Christ failed in his mission when he was here. I submit to you that he did not. He did exactly what he intended to do which was establish his ekklesia (translated church) sealed by his self sacrice as the perfect sacrifice for all sin.

This he did and his ekklesia is established. It has nothing at all to do with what name is on the sign out front of the building. There is no such thing as corporate salvation. He isn't coming back to sit on some supposed throne on a cleaned up earth.

He is waiting, as are we all, for the end of time. No one knows when that will be and we are quite adequately warned not to look for or mistake any so called signs and wonders as portents of the end.

Again, I will not engage in internet religious debate. I believe what I believe with what is for me fully adequate conviction. I will certainly grant you the same conviction in your belief.

You are certainly scripturely literate and you can look up the appropriate referenced yourself.

I wish you well.

BCR

Quando Omni Moritati
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by elkhunter76
Originally Posted by Boggy Creek Ranger
Those poor folks must be reading a whole different Bible than I do. Seems that Jesus closest followers asked Him about this very end of the world thing. Best I remember he said nobody knows or ever will know until it happens.

Mt25:36 ff

BCR

Yep...in the blink of an eye. Always amazes me people beleive the false prophets and follow them to death.

Yep. Thing is this gut thinks he knows when the eye will blink.

People who read the whole book don't make stupid comments like this guy does.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
i guess shed hunting season will be a bit shorter than usual this year

mercy triumphs over judgement
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by isaac
Oh yeah it will....take it to the bank!

WE ar fargin' doomed now.... grin

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
No one knows for sure, but my guess is no. However, some people out there are getting prepared. Someone at CNN must have had a slow weekend to write this much, too long to post here.
END OF THE WORLD
Anyone who claims to know the day or the hour of his return is deceived. Bible says so. Just assume that it's in one hour and you'll be fine regardless of when he comes.

IC B3

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
does anybody know if this is true? if so i am gonna take my hunting application money and spend it on hookers.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Jesus thought the world was going to end about 2,000 years ago, he was wrong. Than again, I guess it did end for him.

When you make a comment, it helps others if it's true or mostly so, not just another off-the-cuff comment without any basis in fact. It also helps if you know something of the subject about which you make your so-factual proclamation.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Nowhere in scripture can you find a single statment that The Christ will ever return and set foot on this earth again. The nearest you can come is a passage (disputed) in Revelation.

"On that day his feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, east of Jerusalem, and the Mount of Olives will be split in two from east to west, forming a great valley, with half of the mountain moving north and half moving south. " (Zechariah 14:4, NIV)

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Plinker
Nowhere in scripture can you find a single statment that The Christ will ever return and set foot on this earth again. The nearest you can come is a passage (disputed) in Revelation.

"On that day his feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, east of Jerusalem, and the Mount of Olives will be split in two from east to west, forming a great valley, with half of the mountain moving north and half moving south. " (Zechariah 14:4, NIV)

Acts 1:10 They were looking intently up into the sky as he was going, when suddenly two men dressed in white stood beside them.
11 "Men of Galilee," they said, "why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven."

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
History is actually quite kind to these retards. Millerites, or followers of some guy named Miller, were suckered into believing the world would end sometime in the 1840's. When it didn't, most cussed him out and went home I suspect. The ones that stayed, well, they started the Seventh Day Adventist Church. Lots of examples of that in history.

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
2legit2quit said
it probably will for more than a few folks, seems it does everyday

I remember an evangelist who came to our church in the 70's had a light blinking every 3 seconds during his sermon. He said that "Every time this light blinks, a soul has gone out into eternity".

Just looked it up online, according to one source, 1.8 people die every second somewhere in this world. If May 21, 2011 is a normal day, that figures out to a little more than 155,000 people will die that day.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

668 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 70 invisible), 3,299 guests, and 1,385 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,483
Posts18,471,815
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.