-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Seems I heard something about a guy with a little mustache pulled the same trick in Germany.....oh about 1932 or '33.

How did that work out?

This just went from a rational discussion to a leftist-diatribe.

GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Why should some folks get to acquire their health care insurance without paying income tax on the money that bought it and other not? Talk about not fair. I start a little business and actually create a few jobs and Guess what? I qualify to pay income tax and buy my insurance with after tax dollars.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you're in business in Wi - prayers sent. >not kidding<

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Okay, here is exactly where I stand on this Teacher issue, whether it be Wisconsin, Idaho, or any other state.

Offer the Union a contract for whatever it is that you can afford to pay them. If they do not accept said contract, let them go out on strike......whatever.

Do like Reagan did. Hire replacements. Either you will find replacements who will do the job better than the original Union teachers, or you will discover the original teachers were worth a bit more than you offered them.

But, (and I am as much against coercive tactics and Chicago style thuggery as anyone. Thank God I have never seen that side of Unionism) you can not legislate away a group's right to stand together and ask for improved conditions. Does not matter who that group works for.

Well, I guess you can. Just like some places legislate away one's right to defend his life with justified lethal force, or legislate away ones right to even own the ability to defend his life.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Mako25
Seems I heard something about a guy with a little mustache pulled the same trick in Germany.....oh about 1932 or '33.

How did that work out?

This just went from a rational discussion to a leftist-diatribe.

Well, I sure as heck am no leftist.

But historical facts do stand. Union busting and gun confiscation are both tools of a fascist state. That we see one as right wing and the other as left wing today is irrelevant. Fascism can and has come from either side.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
will be interesting to see if there will be follow through on the recall campaigns that have been initiated around the state. last score I saw was eight Dems, eight Repubes.

I'll tell ya, I love the strategy that the Walker admin. used to get this work done. Very refreshing to see Repubes working the options available to make law happen. Bravo!

I hope to see the specific content of what was voted on tonight. Hope it has a bunch of content that was on my wish list. Walkers proposed budget has several items I hoped for. Remove unfunded by state mandates. Freeze property tax levy.

On other threads here I posted my desire to explore removing tax exempt status from various religious based orgs. Oddly enough, that work has been initiated recently. Milwaukee Journal Sentinel has been running reports of these efforts. Bravo!

GOA
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

But, (and I am as much against coercive tactics and Chicago style thuggery as anyone. Thank God I have never seen that side of Unionism) you can not legislate away a group's right to stand together and ask for improved conditions. Does not matter who that group works for.

What you're not understanding is they still CAN negociate, and ASK for improved conditions. You might not get them, but you sure as hell can ask for them

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It was starting to look bleak, as the Democrats halting the state's government gave time for the unions to run their smear campaigns against Walker, and the Republicans.

As to the Milwaukee Urinal - I'd use it only for it's namesake, not for information (especially in regards to politics).

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by TooDogs
Very refreshing to see Repubes working the options available to make law happen. Bravo!

+1. They usually cave to the Dems even when they have the upper hand. About time indeed.

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

What you're not understanding is they still CAN negociate, and ASK for improved conditions. You might not get them, but you sure as hell can ask for them

That is not what the OP said.
Originally Posted by AKBoater
Just saw a "Breaking News" headline. "Wisconsin Senate Passes Bill to Strip Public Employees of Collective Bargaining Rights"

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Mako25
As to the Milwaukee Urinal - I'd use it only for it's namesake, not for information (especially in regards to politics).

Ah yes, the Milwaukee Urinal Sentimental . . . not worth the newsprint it's printed on.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, perhaps the sports, and comics.

'Specially the sports, they're as "homer" 'bout Wisconsin teams as they are of Democrats. In that context, I'm as much a hack as next person. Go Pack! >grin<

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ruger 4570
I didn't read all of the responses,but this is just the beginning,now that people have seen it CAN BB done,I expect many Cities and States getting their arms around this kind of legislation. People in general are getting tired of the situation.

The MI legislature passed a law giving emergency financial managers, who are appointed by the state, the right to void any public union contract. It should be signed by next week latest.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Originally Posted by Partagas
Na Na Na Na, Hey Hey, Goodbye

You guys never learn, look for a Wis democrat victory in 2012

The moderate mind is a terrible thing to waste....

All American

All the time
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you want to outlaw peoples' right to stand together and ask for improved working conditions.....

Problem is.. That ain't how it goes. People gather together and demand something (better conditions, wages, ect.) or else we will disrupt your business. That is then extortion in my view. That is what the mob does on a different scale and to me that is union mentality. They think/want something other than their salary/benifits. They want a say in running the company, that is not theirs. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
yesterday was a 'day of rage and solidarity' here in Gainesville. The local teachers, fire, police and other public workers were demonstrating about our new Gov.'s plan to cut spending.
Here, we too want to have a tiny part of the public employee's retirement funded by them. You would think that the world was coming to an end.

The teacher's union idiot lady was bleating on the (pro liberal and pro union TV station)news that 'we all must share the sacrifice in a time of budget shortfalls. HOWEVER, WE (the teachers) don't think it is fair for US to sacrifice. Instead, the RICH should be made to bleed"
Same yowling from the lefties here..

And what really galls me is they continue to refer to the agreements as 'rights'.... BULLCRAP..

Originally Posted by UnionLover
Hey, what happened in cheeseland?
They used the dems own sneaky-azzed tactics against 'em, that's what happened..

I sure hope those motel bills in IL are steep... Heheheheee..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
While I didn't read every post it appears to me we're arguing over the wrong issues here. The WI issue is simply about eliminating collective bargaining for public employees. They're still allowed to unionize just not collectively bargain. The Federal gov't employees aren't allowed to collectively bargain either.

Collective bargaining has become a financial disaster in every state it has been allowed in. With relatively prosperous economies and few people retiring the effects have been masked for ma ny years. Now that a huge group of people are retiring and budget deficits are grabbing hold we're seeing the disastrous effects of collective bargaining for public employees.

Private sector unions are different. If they pay employees too much the company goes out of business or they just move to another country and that's the end of it. For the public sector we're all on the hook to pay what many view as excessive compensation.

In

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

The real reason for curtailing unions concerns retirement.
The states, and federal governments spent the retirement
contributations of the employees. Now they are trying to
avoid paying them back. If you don't believe this just
watch and wait. The buzz-word they use is "Unfunded Obligations".

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Makes my day when the pay me more so I can work less crowd loses...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
No one has yet to explain why TEACHERS need collective bargaining.

I can understand police and firefighters when it comes to health and disability concerns. But highly disagree on 20 year fully vested pensions with payout equalling their last year's pay.

But TEACHERS? What's there to bitch about - working conditions? Safety issues? Hazardous material?

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (12344mag, 1234, 2500HD, 10gaugeman, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 62 invisible), 2,538 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,812
Posts18,516,515
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.