Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TBaker5390
Originally Posted by Barkoff

I see the good of no unions very clearly...already

Oh that could be, lower wages for all, Hooray!

Well not for all...just the lazy

Sure thing, you keep telling yourself that...but at least you finally showed your true bias. So I guess this really wasn't about balancing the budget in WI?

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Still can't grasp the government vs private union.

BTW, in Wisconsin, the teachers union still has collective bargaining for wages, so don't fret. Whenever a Democrat is in the Governor's Office, they'll be rewarded.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

I see the good of no unions very clearly...already

Oh that could be, lower wages for all, Hooray!

Well not for all...just the lazy

Sure thing, you keep telling yourself that...but at least you finally showed your true bias. So I guess this really wasn't about balancing the budget in WI?

my thoughts on unions have never been a secret...

"What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." (Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787)

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mako25
Still can't grasp the government vs private union.

BTW, in Wisconsin, the teachers union still has collective bargaining for wages, so don't fret. Whenever a Democrat is in the Governor's Office, they'll be rewarded.

My guess (from the polls) is that much will be reinstated in a few years, it's a pity Walker couldn't have been a bit more reasonable instead of trying to be Chris Christie.

bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Stopping the Public Union from Collective Bargaining is just the beginning of WI balancing their budget . They have a long hard road ahead of them just like dozens of other States and a lot of Public Employs Jobs may be on the line regardless. Maybe the DEM'S should have be at work doing their jobs and not on vacation in a neighboring state

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bea175
Stopping the Public Union from Collective Bargaining is just the beginning of WI balancing their budget . They have a long hard road ahead of them just like dozens of other States and a lot of Public Employs Jobs may be on the line regardless

Actually stopping collective bargaining did nothing to balancing the budget, the members had already agreed to all reductions Walker wanted..I mean, come on, let's call it what it is.

bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Yes but it will prevent the Union from holding the state hostage the next time and calling a strike .

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Thumbs up to Gov Walker. No funding of unions with taxpayer dollars.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by teal
Not a current union member but it's my money they're playing with. The only way I get a seat at the negotiation table is by voting in the people aligned with me to the state government.

The people of WI did that when they elected Walker - we're negotiating. Don't like it - don't be a teacher.

Walker's own emails as released due to a FOIA request shows that he was willing to negotiate on everything but about 2 points. Right to work and re-certification.

It's the UNION (via their Dem lackeys) who pulled away and refused to negotiate.

I say this as someone who dated a teacher for 2 years (broke up a year ago- it's current), have many friends who are teachers and my step-mother is in the union. I've seen the work they do, understand it but to fix this state (and I live in WI) - something has to give.

CBA has given this -

Under the Green Bay School District�s collectively bargained Emeritus Program, teaches can retire and receive a year�s worth of salary for working only 30 days over a three year period. This is paid in addition to their already guaranteed pension and health care payouts.

At the average annual salary for a Green Bay teacher of $51,355, this amounts to a daily rate of pay of $1,711.83, or an hourly rate of $213.98. Since most retiring teachers receive higher than average salary, these amounts are, in practice, much higher.

This -

Due to a 1982 provision of their collective bargaining agreement, Milwaukee Public School teachers actually receive two pensions upon retirement instead of one. The contribution to the second pension is equal to 4.2% of a teacher�s salary, with the school district making 100% of the contribution, just like they do for the first pension. This extra benefit costs taxpayers more than $16 million per year.

More -

While the Green Bay Emeritus Program actually requires teachers to at least show up for work, the Madison Emeritus Program doesn�t even require that. In addition to their pension payouts, retired Madison public school teachers receive annual payments of at least $9,884.18 per year for enrolling in the Emeritus Program, which requires ZERO days of work.

When this program began, 20 days of work per year were required. Through collective bargaining, the union successfully negotiated this down to zero days.

More -

Some state employees, due to the nature of their positions, are required to carry pagers during off-duty hours in order to respond to emergency situations. Due to the collective bargaining agreements, these employees are compensated an extra five hours of pay each week, whether they are paged or not.

For an employee earning an average salary of $50,000 per year, this requirement can cost more than $6,000 in additional compensation.

Source: 2008-09 Agreement between the State of Wisconsin and AFSCME Council 24

More -

Milwaukee Public Schools teacher Megan Sampson was laid off less than one week after being named Outstanding First Year Teacher by the Wisconsin Council of English Teachers. She lost her job because the collective bargaining agreement requires layoffs to be made based on seniority rather than merit.

Informed that her union had rejected a lower-cost health care plan, that still would have required zero contribution from teachers, Sampson said, �Given the opportunity, of course I would switch to a different plan to save my job, or the jobs of 10 other teachers.

More-

Correctional Officer collective bargaining agreements allow officers a practice known as �sick leave stacking.� Officers can call in sick for a shift, receiving 8 hours of sick pay, and then are allowed to work the very next shift, earning time-and-a-half for overtime. This results in the officer receiving 2.5 times his or her rate of pay, while still only working 8 hours.

In part because of these practices, 13 correctional officers made more than $100,000 in 2009, despite earning base wages of less than $60,000 per year. The officers received an average of $66,000 in overtime pay for an average annual salary of more than $123,000 with the highest paid receiving $151,181.

Source: Department of Corrections

If you can't see the problem with this - nothing will change your mind and I don't feel sorry for what's coming....

And that's all I am going to say about it. I'm done talking. They pass the bill - great, I'm tired of all of it.

Thanks for all (part) of the bullshitt going on.

I copied/pasted and sent to three of the Madison stations.

Told them it'd be nice to tell at least part of the other side.

I know, I know....good luck with that.....

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Actually stopping collective bargaining did nothing to balancing the budget, the members had already agreed to all reductions Walker wanted..I mean, come on, let's call it what it is.

When was the union vote on amended contracts held? Which of unions agreed?

Apparently not the unions that were trying to rapidly push through new contracts without pension and healthcare deductions before the bill passed.

Not the ones the mayor of Madison was working to delay the legislation for.

Their word is worth nothing. Just a well played media ploy.

You are truly clueless.

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WhelenAway

When was the union vote on amended contracts held? Which of unions agreed?

Apparently not the unions that were trying to rapidly push through new contracts without pension and healthcare deductions before the bill passed.

Not the ones the mayor of Madison was working to delay the legislation for.

Their word is worth nothing. Just a well played media ploy.

You are truly clueless.

Oh well, forgive me, I had no idea I was a victim of FOX liberal propaganda, but if you have the inside scoop, please share.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
maybe if the teachers produced a quality product....negotiations might come into play...imagine that...cumbaya...cumbaya

"What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." (Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787)

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
maybe if the teachers produced a quality product....negotiations might come into play...imagine that...cumbaya...cumbaya

Results have nothin to do with it, but I do wonder if teachers were conservatives (like cops and fireman), if they too would get a pass. GOP is just as guilty of nepotism as the democrat. Health care waivers for unions, now waivers for cops and fireman. Both democrats and republicans, they just can't help swinging for the fences.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

Results have nothin to do with it

That a union supporter would say that...Here is my shocked face shocked

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
You people who aren't teachers have no idea what is faced educating our children. Just so much political BS these days.Union all the way!!

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by wiktor
Union all the way!!

Want the other teat to suck on?

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
No, thanks anyway. Sounds like you want it sucked on though, sorry, I don't swing your way. Good luck in your search!

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by wiktor
No, thanks anyway. Sounds like you want it sucked on though, sorry, I don't swing your way. Good luck in your search!

Don't worry...where you put your money...will vote for it

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Is that some kind of secret "code"??? I'm starting to worry!Try to open up you very narrow mind.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Secret code?....well shouldn't be...but you and Michael Moore might be able to figure it out...although...it might'n take a non communist to spell it out for ya though

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

392 members (10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 204guy, 222ND, 17CalFan, 1beaver_shooter, 50 invisible), 2,522 guests, and 1,152 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,533
Posts18,530,989
Members74,038
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.