Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Wow, I am impressed with your intelligence. Typical, do you know anything about McCarthyism ? Go back to revisit your American history and try to plant labels on somebody else instead of me, you have no idea. Not a commie bone in my body, I can just think for myself unlike you. You sound as crazy as Glenn Beck!

GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by wiktor
Wow, I am impressed with your intelligence. Typical, do you know anything about McCarthyism ? Go back to revisit your American history and try to plant labels on somebody else instead of me, you have no idea. Not a commie bone in my body, I can just think for myself unlike you. You sound as crazy as Glenn Beck!

Michael Moore agrees with you...enough said...

"What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." (Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787)

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Really, are you a personal friend of his? Once again, you don't have a rational argument or a leg to stand on. I'm not going to lie though, that is one sweet picture of you on your avitar!Good luck living in your closed, selfish, narrow minded world. Hope someone turns your perfect little life upside down as was done to those poor people in Wisconsin. Easy to talk when it doesn't affect you.Oh yeah, I alsready mentioned you were selfish. Good luck to you, you must be a good Christian!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
100% on side of sanity - the Governor.

Below, another generation of losers looking for a purpose. Gimme a phuggin break. Try earning your keep for a living:
[Linked Image]

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
but if you have the inside scoop, please share.

Further explanation is required? Really? sleep

the members had already agreed to all reductions Walker wanted..I mean, come on, let's call it what is.

I repeat my question . . . When was the union vote on amended contracts held? Which of unions agreed?

CLUE - No vote was held, and no valid offers ever made.

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Really, are you a personal friend of his? Once again, you don't have a rational argument or a leg to stand on. I'm not going to lie though, that is one sweet picture of you on your avitar avatar!Good luck living in your closed, selfish, narrow minded world. Hope someone turns your perfect little life upside down as was done to those poor people in Wisconsin. Easy to talk when it doesn't aeffect you.Oh yeah, I alsready already mentioned you were selfish. Good luck to you, you must be a good Christian!

Fixed it for you....just like you want others to fix your wage...bennies...whatever....take note I was quite generous and tried to teach you something instead of giving it to you...hopin teaching a man to fish means something to you...

"What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." (Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787)

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Easy to talk when it doesn't affect you.

How does the Wisconsin budget affect you?

H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
Nothing is more closed, selfish and narrow minded than to insist that funds are not property, but public, when it benefits you and your ilk......

Even more insulting is the insinuation that to not do so is somehow un-Christian. I believe many states and the government itself is broke with such flawed logic and stupid application of "rationale".

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
My Christianity might should come into question...pretty sure it is not over this issue though...

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
As such it doesn't, but I guess I'm compassionate enough to realize the hurt it's putting on good hardworking people who certainly aren't making a whole lot of money and have a really tough job.As far as teaching a man to fish, give me a break. Actions speak louder than words. All I see is a lot of selfish people who don't want to pay taxes instead of looking at the good some hardworking people such as teachers are doing with it. If you want to fix what's broken in public education, take a long hard look at what the politicians, and NOT the teachers have done to it. Once again, unless you do it for a living, you have no idea.Just a very small for instance, I'd like to see how some of you would act when a 16 or 17 year old tells you to get fuxxed and gets a warning or minimal punishment.What, my kids don't act that way! Walk a mile in one of those teachers shoes and then you can talk.

IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
As such it doesn't, but I guess I'm compassionate enough to realize the hurt it's putting on good hardworking people who certainly aren't making a whole lot of money and have a really tough job.As far as teaching a man to fish, give me a break. Actions speak louder than words. All I see is a lot of selfish people who don't want to pay taxes instead of looking at the good some hardworking people such as teachers are doing with it. If you want to fix what's broken in public education, take a long hard look at what the politicians, and NOT the teachers have done to it. Once again, unless you do it for a living, you have no idea.Just a very small for instance, I'd like to see how some of you would act when a 16 or 17 year old tells you to get fuxxed and gets a warning or minimal punishment.What, my kids don't act that way! Walk a mile in one of those teachers shoes and then you can talk.

So if I choose to put my kids in private school, do you agree that my taxes should be lowered?

I will sustain from the barbs if you are willing to have a meaningful conversation. Since the public teachers(even if as you suppose) against their desires, cannot compete with the private school sector in terms of produced quality, should I not have the option of taking my tax dollars spent on education, and use them to spend on education that produces results?

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
No, you certainly should not be able to. What you should do is elect politicians who are truly interested in public education and allow the teachers to do their jobs.The system could be fixed with correct input instead of politicians just making additional rules or programs to keep their jobs.If everyone is so concerned about the state workers unions, how about the politicians taking wage cuts, also while we're at it, I'd like their retirement and healthcare.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
No, you certainly should not be able to. What you should do is elect politicians who are truly interested in public education and allow the teachers to do their jobs.The system could be fixed with correct input instead of politicians just making additional rules or programs to keep their jobs.If everyone is so concerned about the state workers unions, how about the politicians taking wage cuts, also while we're at it, I'd like their retirement and healthcare.

Thank you...few on here are willing to show their true colors.

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
I believe since you knew the rules on paying property/school taxes before you made the decision to put the kids in private school (don't blame you one bit there) that you should pay like everyone else IMO. You're probably like most who feel they don't get their money's worth for that investment, but you knew the rules, you made the choice, so you should expect to ante up. No offense.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
UNION not afraid to say it.

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by teal
Not a current union member but it's my money they're playing with. The only way I get a seat at the negotiation table is by voting in the people aligned with me to the state government.

The people of WI did that when they elected Walker - we're negotiating. Don't like it - don't be a teacher.

Walker's own emails as released due to a FOIA request shows that he was willing to negotiate on everything but about 2 points. Right to work and re-certification.

It's the UNION (via their Dem lackeys) who pulled away and refused to negotiate.

I say this as someone who dated a teacher for 2 years (broke up a year ago- it's current), have many friends who are teachers and my step-mother is in the union. I've seen the work they do, understand it but to fix this state (and I live in WI) - something has to give.

CBA has given this -

Under the Green Bay School District�s collectively bargained Emeritus Program, teaches can retire and receive a year�s worth of salary for working only 30 days over a three year period. This is paid in addition to their already guaranteed pension and health care payouts.

At the average annual salary for a Green Bay teacher of $51,355, this amounts to a daily rate of pay of $1,711.83, or an hourly rate of $213.98. Since most retiring teachers receive higher than average salary, these amounts are, in practice, much higher.

This -

Due to a 1982 provision of their collective bargaining agreement, Milwaukee Public School teachers actually receive two pensions upon retirement instead of one. The contribution to the second pension is equal to 4.2% of a teacher�s salary, with the school district making 100% of the contribution, just like they do for the first pension. This extra benefit costs taxpayers more than $16 million per year.

More -

While the Green Bay Emeritus Program actually requires teachers to at least show up for work, the Madison Emeritus Program doesn�t even require that. In addition to their pension payouts, retired Madison public school teachers receive annual payments of at least $9,884.18 per year for enrolling in the Emeritus Program, which requires ZERO days of work.

When this program began, 20 days of work per year were required. Through collective bargaining, the union successfully negotiated this down to zero days.

More -

Some state employees, due to the nature of their positions, are required to carry pagers during off-duty hours in order to respond to emergency situations. Due to the collective bargaining agreements, these employees are compensated an extra five hours of pay each week, whether they are paged or not.

For an employee earning an average salary of $50,000 per year, this requirement can cost more than $6,000 in additional compensation.

Source: 2008-09 Agreement between the State of Wisconsin and AFSCME Council 24

More -

Milwaukee Public Schools teacher Megan Sampson was laid off less than one week after being named Outstanding First Year Teacher by the Wisconsin Council of English Teachers. She lost her job because the collective bargaining agreement requires layoffs to be made based on seniority rather than merit.

Informed that her union had rejected a lower-cost health care plan, that still would have required zero contribution from teachers, Sampson said, �Given the opportunity, of course I would switch to a different plan to save my job, or the jobs of 10 other teachers.

More-

Correctional Officer collective bargaining agreements allow officers a practice known as �sick leave stacking.� Officers can call in sick for a shift, receiving 8 hours of sick pay, and then are allowed to work the very next shift, earning time-and-a-half for overtime. This results in the officer receiving 2.5 times his or her rate of pay, while still only working 8 hours.

In part because of these practices, 13 correctional officers made more than $100,000 in 2009, despite earning base wages of less than $60,000 per year. The officers received an average of $66,000 in overtime pay for an average annual salary of more than $123,000 with the highest paid receiving $151,181.

Source: Department of Corrections

If you can't see the problem with this - nothing will change your mind and I don't feel sorry for what's coming....

And that's all I am going to say about it. I'm done talking. They pass the bill - great, I'm tired of all of it.
Good post..

Originally Posted by Mako25
I'm just stating that this is not what the electorate thought they were voting for,

I voted in Wisconsin, and knew exactly what I was voting for.

Ditto.. But I'm not sure about the statement above (..."this is not what the electorate thought they were voting for,) I think they did.. But what you're seeing is by far and away only the lefty side of this... The conservative residents of this state have had ENOUGH of the democrats rule and voted last election for some REAL 'hope and change'.. AT the same time, much of that anger was a bleed-over from the federal elections that empowered the steamrolling dems power in all three levels of federal gov't fueled by Reed, Bull-Pelosi and King Barak..

That trio and their peers so angered the citizenry that IMHO it bled over into the state elections as well - resulting in what you're seeing today..

And now the 'civil and tolerant' unionistas are calling in death threats.. I'm sure all union-lovers are SO proud... Me? Totally disgusted by these thugs and their actions..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
The Gov!

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Now it's time for them to get some other work done - concealed carry to start with.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Now it's time for them to get some other work done - concealed carry to start with.
They're now working more on 'constitutional carry', which is a far better deal..

They have a good shot (PUN!!) at it too, now with Walker in the govy's office..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I hope you get it. It was surprisingly difficult for Kansas to get concealed carry. We've only had it a few years, as we were one of the last states. I can't legally carry in a state park here. We have some incredibly nice "Rails to Trails" walking trails in our area. You can't legally carry on them even if you have a CCW, due to their being technically, state parks.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (257man, 1beaver_shooter, 222ND, 257Bob, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 64 invisible), 2,591 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,691
Posts18,534,514
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.