Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
There was a used USO I could pick up for a steal, that's why I asked about that scope.

You stated additional weight, I simply pointed out that you were wrong.

The paramters have been explained, you won't accept them. So I suggest you get some skin in the game and buy me the scope you would choose.

Until then, worry about Lindsay Lohan's legal trouble, Somali pirates and the debt.

Don't start debating what another man decides is best for his application without knowing or even reading what he states it is for.

I'll be waiting on that free scope.

JM

GB1

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Crystal ball? You seem to get offended very easily.

Terry

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
Go back and look. Yotes 600+. 400 on whitetails. You are not using what I said

C'mon man, give me a break. Any mention of "yotes" didn't enter any of your posts until your last post on the previous page, and by then, all recommendations had already been made. Even then, you made only a passing comment about once missing yotes at 600, not really stating this scope would be used for distances past what you talked about earlier.

We can only go on what you say.

Ted
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Just don't have alot of patience with those who continually offer opinions without bothering to read....

Making the same mistake 3 times, ignoring the explanations of use 3 times gets a little old.

I'm past child rearing age so I guess may patience is a little thin. grin

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
There was a used USO I could pick up for a steal, that's why I asked about that scope.

You stated additional weight, I simply pointed out that you were wrong.

The paramters have been explained, you won't accept them. So I suggest you get some skin in the game and buy me the scope you would choose.

Until then, worry about Lindsay Lohan's legal trouble, Somali pirates and the debt.

Don't start debating what another man decides is best for his application without knowing or even reading what he states it is for.

I'll be waiting on that free scope.

JM

Haha! Man, you sure are wound up tight over something so trivial as another man's opinions!

I didn't realize there was an absolute right or wrong here, otherwise if you already knew what you needed, I'm guessing you wouldn't have asked for people's opinions.

I totally accept whatever parameters you outlined. I'm just telling you where the 2.5-10X32 NXS falls short as a hunting scope, so you can weigh all your options based on what's most important to you. As I said, it's a good scope, but all scopes involve one compromise or another. It's your money, buy whatever you want, but you asked for opinions. I gave mine from the perspective of someone who has been there, done that with most of the scopes discussed here.

Ted
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RifleDude
Go back and look. Yotes 600+. 400 on whitetails. You are not using what I said

C'mon man, give me a break. Any mention of "yotes" didn't enter any of your posts until your last post on the previous page, and by then, all recommendations had already been made. Even then, you made only a passing comment about once missing yotes at 600, not really stating this scope would be used for distances past what you talked about earlier.

We can only go on what you say.

And you still ignore it. laffin'. I don't owe you an explantion . I asked for opinions on a few scopes. The yote deal was thrown out there to satisfy you ladies curiosity and you still ignored it.

I don't need advice on application, I simply asked for feedback on the scopes mentioned.

That's the problem with this forum. Lots of good info can be had, but it's ruined by a the few arm chair experts who come running looking for a debate.

Still waiting on that scope.... grin

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Just don't have alot of patience with those who continually offer opinions without bothering to read....

Making the same mistake 3 times, ignoring the explanations of use 3 times gets a little old.

I'm past child rearing age so I guess may patience is a little thin. grin

If that had been the case here, then I would agree with you. I read every word you said and responded to your posts in kind. I was also replying to others posts besides yours so some of my comments were in response to them, not you. Since we're on the topic of reading what people say, notice nowhere in my posts did I ever talk down to you or respond to you with sarcasm. Are you normally this hypersensitive?

Ted
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I totally accept whatever parameters you outlined. I'm just telling you where the 2.5-10X32 NXS falls short as a hunting scope, so you can weigh all your options based on what's most important to you. As I said, it's a good scope, but all scopes involve one compromise or another. It's your money, buy whatever you want, but you asked for opinions. I gave mine from the perspective of someone who has been there, done that with most of the scopes discussed here.

This is useful, repeatedly telling me what I will and will not use without having a clue is just guessing and of no help.

Too many times on this forum a simple question turns into a "No, you need this or that if you are doing this."

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

And you still ignore it. laffin'. I don't owe you an explantion . I asked for opinions on a few scopes. The yote deal was thrown out there to satisfy you ladies curiosity and you still ignored it.

I don't need advice on application, I simply asked for feedback on the scopes mentioned.

That's the problem with this forum. Lots of good info can be had, but it's ruined by a the few arm chair experts who come running looking for a debate.

Still waiting on that scope.... grin

I didn't "ignore" anything. I gave you advice on the 2 scopes mentioned. Others mentioned other scopes, and you said you were open to other options, so I participated in the discussion. I am not looking for a debate; I gave my opinions, based not on "arm chair" reports but actual in-field use. You steered it into debate mode on your own.

Ted
TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I read your explanations and I hope you buy the scope.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Save the electrons...

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
You and TC harped on application instead of answering the question, so you could step forward and show your uninvited expertise.

The post below just proves that you are still wanting to argue over dumb schit. laffin'

I didn't "ignore" anything. I gave you advice on the 2 scopes mentioned. Others mentioned other scopes, and you said you were open to other options, so I participated in the discussion. I am not looking for a debate; I gave my opinions, based not on "arm chair" reports but actual in-field use. You steered it into debate mode on your own.

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Save the electrons...

Maybe if you went and powdered your ginny you wouldn't be so irritable. Now that's just an assumption.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
You do poorly when you assume, as do most.

I addressed your "tactical crap" assumptions, with a simple & logical explanation of why I needed to dial.

I do appreciate the low light comments and will check that before I buy.

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No feelers hurt here. I found your comments to be rude and responded in kind. My comments and opinions of the NF NXS compact are based on the experience of having owned and used one. I'm no expert and never claimed such. when I bought mine it was to be for range work and hunting. I found it excelled in one role and failed in another.

The tactical crap comment had nothing to do with a turret. You just assumed that.

All that aside I hope you get a scope that suits your wants
and needs.

Terry

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
You offered some valuable info and I appreciate it.

The low light is a concern, called Simmons and they said I could bring it home and try it tonight.

Gonna print out a resolution chart and get somewhere so I can test it at distance.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
You and TC harped on application instead of answering the question, so you could step forward and show your uninvited expertise.

The post below just proves that you are still wanting to argue over dumb schit. laffin'

I answered the questions you asked, and I did so minus the rudeness and sarcasm you're displaying. Most of my comments were in response to others' posts in this thread, not yours. My only posts to you were in direct response to what you said. I don't wish to argue with you or anyone else. I don't care what scope you buy. I hope you're happy with whatever you choose, and by all means, keep on "laffin."

Ted
TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
While you're looking it over take notice of how critical the eye box is when the power is cranked up. This doesn't bother some people, but it does some. I think you'll like the clarity, I did.

Terry

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Will do. Gonna pick her up in a little while.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

I answered the questions you asked, and I did so minus the rudeness and sarcasm you're displaying. Most of my comments were in response to others' posts in this thread, not yours. My only posts to you were in direct response to what you said. I don't wish to argue with you or anyone else. I don't care what scope you buy. I hope you're happy with whatever you choose, and by all means, keep on "laffin."

You just won't give up.

[Linked Image]

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (10gaugemag, 1badf350, 16gage, 06hunter59, 1lessdog, 1minute, 53 invisible), 2,944 guests, and 1,263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,955
Posts18,519,375
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.