Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Moderators - please delete if this is inappropriate. I do not wish to spam or cause any inconvenience. Thank you.

Friends,

I am among those who have been apalled by the ATF's gun running into Mexico which was exposed by CBS recently. Those who missed the story can check it out at: this CBS page.

What is particularly shocking is that some of the guns that a whistleblower agent has shown were deliberately smuggled by the ATF were involved in the murder of US Border Patrol officer Brian Terry. At a time when the White House and the media debate whether it is constitutional for the President to order the killing of a terrorist like Anwar Al Awlaki, nothing is being done about the murder of an officer who was working to keep all of us and our families safe.

I have started a Facebook page to call for an investigation of the murder and of the ATF as an agency and for the prosecution of the officers at the ATF who were involved in gun running at: this link. The group is an open one with a single point agenda - justice for Officer Terry and for the millions of law abiding gun owners who live in this great country. I do not intend to let any other discussions on the group and plan to close it when justice is done.

Please join the group if you are on Facebook and also invite friends to join. We may discuss this on gun and gun rights forums but unless there is a membership of several thousand on Facebook, the bulk of the mainstream media is not going to take notice.

Thank you very much and I hope we can get justice for officer Terry and for ourselves,

Good hunting, everyone!

The Ark was made by amateurs. Experts made the Titanic.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Mehulk.....good luck and best wishes on this.
Bring this despicable scandal to light for unaware Americans.

Make sure you include the ATF's Public Affairs memo instructing agencies to create a positive image to counter the negativity of GUNRUNNER.

Public Information Officers:
Please make every effort for the next two weeks to maximize coverage of ATF operations/enforcement actions/arrests at the local and regional level. Given the negative coverage by CBS Evening News last week and upcoming events this week, the bureau should look for every opportunity to push coverage of good stories. Fortunately, the CBS story has not sparked any follow up coverage by mainstream media and seems to have fizzled.
It was shoddy reporting , as CBS failed to air on-the-record interviews by former ATF officials and HQ statements for attribution that expressed opposing views and explained the law and difficulties of firearm trafficking investigations. The CBS producer for the story made only a feigned effort at the 11th hour to reach ATF HQ for comment.
This week (To 3/1/2011), Attorney General Holder testifies on the Hill and likely will get questions about the allegations in the story. Also (The 3/3/2011), Mexico President Calderon will visit the White House and likely will testify on the Hill. He will probably draw attention to the lack of political support for demand letter 3 and Project Gunrunner.
ATF needs to proactively push positive stories this week, in an effort to preempt some negative reporting, or at minimum, lessen the coverage of such stories in the news cycle by replacing them with good stories about ATF. The more time we spend highlighting the great work of the agents through press releases and various media outreaches in the coming days and weeks, the better off we will be.
Thanks for your cooperation in this matter. If you have any significant operations that should get national media coverage, please reach out to the Public Affairs Division for support, coordination and clearance.
Thank you,
Scot
Scot L. Thomasson
Chief ATF Public Affairs Division
Washington, DC

As I said,good luck on this.

I don't belong to Facebook.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Good job, keep it alive.

side note:

Wonder where John McCain is at in all this?

I've not heard a peep from him.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
[Linked Image]

M
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Thank you everyone who viewed this post. Please do consider lending your voice if you are on Facebook.

Chapped Lips,

Thank you for the information posted here which I shall copy and paste on the page.

SU 35,

Thank you very much. I hope to get the support of as many good people who support this as possible.

Plinker,

LOL! Don;t know how to post cartoons on the page but I shall try and see if I can do it somehow. This one puts the issue into perspective!

Last edited by mehulkamdar; 03/11/11. Reason: Corrected Typo

The Ark was made by amateurs. Experts made the Titanic.
IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Screw FACEBOOK!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Screw FACEBOOK!!

Why do you want to screw facebook?

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (10ring1, 10Glocks, 160user, 21, 007FJ, 1234, 70 invisible), 2,582 guests, and 1,340 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,092
Posts18,482,970
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.