-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
We had a thread running some time back about Roto-Tillers,....

Last week a hungry, and local small engine shop did it's "Seasonal Buy" and got some Engines at COST,......I picked up a new Briggs and Stratton "Intek" 1350 at same.

I've got three old school Troy "Horses", in various conditions of disrepute,....and a fourth that gave it up down in Mexico,.....and is nothing now but "Yard Art".

Took the oldest one (my favorite) and amputated the Ethanol Gas hating Tecumseh engine,.....and then grafted on the New Briggs Engine.

[Linked Image]

...just back from a mild (albeit dusty) test run,......it kinda' looks like this thing now has maybe TWICE the power it had previous.

The Tecumpseh removed is a good and very solid piece of raw material,.....and will be the "Propane Power Test Bed"

While not QUITE a "Bolt On" (Had to turn a custom Drive pulley spacer X .100"),.......this new Briggs was worth every nickle.

....@ U.S. $ 326.09

Ongoing fartings around should see "The Three Horses of the Apocolypse",....one Gas, one Propane, and one Small Diesel.

"SHTF" that,...I dare ya'.

GTC

Last edited by crossfireoops; 03/16/11.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Is that a "Jubilee" model Ford behind it? The hood line looks about right for one.
Sounds like a great conversion on the Troy!

Myron

How many peckers can a Pecker Checker check if a Pecker Checker could check peckers?
(stolen from shootinurse)
H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
Cool toys GTC, your experimenting with the different engines sounds like a good way to pass spring days by. I have an old 18hp (i think) White Garden tractor with a little 3 pt and hydraulics to lift it. It came with a pto powered rototiller and a 48" belly mower and a 48"snowblower which are both lifted by hydraulics. When i pull it out of storage will post some pics.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
What are your consulting fees?

I'll be trying to breath some life in to a slightly newer but neglected Tecumseh equipped model within the next two weeks. Hasn't been ran for several years, hope to go pick it up in a week or so.

Price is right @ $0.00.

Have a good day man. In honor of personal freedom and the open squirrel season, I think I'll go put a hole through dinner's head.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by speedsixman
Is that a "Jubilee" model Ford behind it? The hood line looks about right for one.
Sounds like a great conversion on the Troy!

Myron

Yes it is,.....a customer had backed it into a boulder, and shoved the PTO shaft up it's gazoo.

He abandoned the poor old beast here, ....three years elapsed and I did the needed repairs and service,....without getting all "Restoration" crazy. Daily driver,.....with oceans of power.
GREAT brush hog unit.

GTC

Last edited by crossfireoops; 03/16/11.

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by HeavyGunner
Cool toys GTC, your experimenting with the different engines sounds like a good way to pass spring days by. I have an old 18hp (i think) White Garden tractor with a little 3 pt and hydraulics to lift it. It came with a pto powered rototiller and a 48" belly mower and a 48"snowblower which are both lifted by hydraulics. When i pull it out of storage will post some pics.

I'm betting that Bolens built that tractor, and White hung it's paint job and moniker on it.

Those old Bolens are SUPERB machines,....built for the ages.

GTC

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Monkey_Joe
What are your consulting fees?

I'll be trying to breath some life in to a slightly newer but neglected Tecumseh equipped model within the next two weeks. Hasn't been ran for several years, hope to go pick it up in a week or so.

Price is right @ $0.00.

No charge, here at this fire,.....I can dig up the carb kit #s, and would bet that outside of a fresh plug, ....and some serious "Flushing" you'll be good to go.

In the Tecumseh "Walbro" carb,...there's a almost impossibly tiny hole in the "Emulsion Tube",......ABOVE the bigger full throttle hole,.....you'll no doubt need a tee-ninesy jet drill to clear that ,...it WILL be fulla' rust,.....

GTC

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I use a bread wrapper wire that has been stripped of its covering to poke thru the little jet on the walbro Russ

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Reminds me of mine. I have a 7HP horse with a Kohler on it. Man does it run great. I had to build the carb once and the float got a hole in 'er but I don;t think it will ever die. I turn the fuel valve off and run the engine till she quits and now haven't had a carb problem in over ten years. Bear

Bear

Life is what happens to you as you are making other plans.

NRA Patron Member
H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
Good to know, if I ever need parts and cant find them maybe something will cross reference with a Bolens part number. Enjoy your toys.

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

64 members (338reddog, 10gaugemag, anothergun, 9 invisible), 871 guests, and 888 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,091
Posts18,522,118
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.