-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 16 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 15 16
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A realistic assessment of your situation tells you that she is leaving so leave kick her out of the nest first and end it as painlessly as possible on your terms. Just tell her that she decided to break up your marriage so you are just taking her at her word.

A good solution for your guns might be to pay a gun smith to hold them for you. They can hold your guns without you having to go thru the background check to get them back. Move your safe with your guns to his shop would be great solution. You can't sell them to a friend for $1 because you have to do a transfer through an FFL.

Get your banks to freeze your accounts, and put a stop on all your credit cards. Take any jewelry and other high value items and lose them at one of your friend's houses. Make sure no loans can be made against you car house or other assets.

I would take your children on vacation for a week or two. Somewhere where she can't find you. Let you lawyer know when you will return. Call your relatives and tell them that you two are separating. Change the locks on your house.

Talk to your lawyer. You could have him draw up the papers and deliver them to your wife while your on vacation.

Leave her a Dear Jane note. I would tell her that you have decided that you should separate, that you will keep the house and children, that you are on vacation with the children and will return on such and such date.

That should make your separation as painless as possible. IMHO.

Last edited by ConradCA; 03/23/11.

[Linked Image from ]

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
the more pleasurable thing, darlin'.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
better get any money out of her grasp.so she can't touch it

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
As I so recently learned...that selling to a friend for $1 and needing an FFL transfer...is a California thing...

or, I guess you could say...it's not nationwide...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ConradCA

I would take your children on vacation for a week or two. Somewhere where she can't find you. Let you lawyer know when you will return. Call your relatives and tell them that you two are separating. Change the locks on your house and leave her a Dear Jane note. I would tell her that you have decided that you should separate, that you will keep the house and children, that you are on vacation with the children and will return on such and such date.

That should make your separation as painless as possible. IMHO.

This is horrible advice... Whatever you do don't take your kids away without your wife knowing.

Your kids are not pawns to be used in any separation/divorce.

Take the high road and always put your kids first. It will be tough at first, but in the end it will pay off tenfold.

Best of luck to you!

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Duckdog
As I so recently learned...that selling to a friend for $1 and needing an FFL transfer...is a California thing...

California requires an FFL for IN STATE transfer between individuals?!?

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
YES! I just learned this too...crazy huh?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Check up on her 'training session' for work, and don't let her see you spying. If she's being unfaithful, quietly go home and drop the kids off at their grandparents for a couple of days. Then go to the bank and pull out some cash, go rent a drop dead gorgeous woman, noticeably younger than your wife, and have her at the house for when the wife arrives. She should be topless wearing just a sexy pair of panties/g-string and you should each have a drink in your hand smiling at each other. No words need to be spoken to the wife, in fact just ignore her. When she slams the door and walks out, she'll know that she's been busted......and you'll feel SO MUCH BETTER !!!!!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
grin

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by bocephus
Lately I have become suspicious of my wife of 9 years that she may have started cheating on me.

my wife started talking about going out dancing with a couple of girls from work . I was really happy when she wanted to go out with her own friends once or twice a month for drinks. About 6 weeks ago she when out for the first time in years,the girls stayed out till 3 in the morning but I wasn't worried in the least about her being faithful.

A week after she went out, she sits me down and tells me she isn't happy and want's to separate. I was devastated because it was like out of nowhere.I listened to her feeling and made a complete change. she said the biggest problem was that I didn't help her enough around the house, I have made a complete 180 she hasn't had to wash a dish or sweep the floors sense.So things have be going real good for the past few weeks , she has been letting me stay at home 3 or 4 nights a week.

This past Sunday her actions became very weird to me. First thing that morning she gets a text ,I ask who it was and she said it was her girlfriend asking if she wanted to get are kids to play together that afternoon. Then she gets in the shower when she get out and getting dressed she picks up her phone and starts talking to her mom. So this means that she purposely turned it on silent, not vibrate silent, this seemed very odd to me. So I asked her about it later in the day she said she had no clue about what I was talking about.I also had to check her text messages and the one from her friend sent that morning is deleted .the only messages are from me and her family.

Also that Sunday she tells me that she might have to go to training for work Tuesday-Wednesday out of town.Of course Monday she said that her training is a go for Tuesday. I'm a little skeptical since she never mentioned any thing about this training until Sunday after her text message.

Yesterday I saw a email that were sent to her boss(step-mother) it said "I decided that I would like to take tomorrow (Tuesday) off and Wednesday as well it doesn't look to busy , are these days ok with you"?

Does that sound weird to anyone else, asking for days off if your going to training??

I also had to call the hotel and they didn't have anyone under her name.

Should I confront her?? or am I over reacting and should just let it be?

I'd go fishing.

Yeah but your wife would stab you in the leg with a fork!!! (Teri told me to tell you that)

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Women are evil, thankfully there are some of us that are up front and honest about it. I am what I am, but as evil as I am, so too am I loving.

Go figure crazy

See, 50 words when Bi-polar would have sufficed.

Now, if you will excuse me I am going to do something even more pleasurable with my mouth wink

Put Duct Tape on it? grin

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Sorry to tell you, but I have the EXACT same story. She was cheating. Look for diff. kind of CDs/music in the car--stuff she normally wouldn't listen to. She was supposedly on a bussiness trip with a fellow nurse----I remembered the name and called said nurse at home----she did not go on a bussiness trip the week before. You have enough stuff to go on---don't be stupid when the bomb drops, get ready--its coming. Sorry to hear this. Its hurts for a while. --Till you get some new Kitty. Then it doesn't seem so bad. In my case, it was the best thing that ever happened 15 years ago. I now have a beautiful wife that is 11 years younger, 4 beautiful kids, and happier than I could ever imagine.

If you really like something,you better buy two!
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Women are evil, thankfully there are some of us that are up front and honest about it. I am what I am, but as evil as I am, so too am I loving.

Go figure crazy

Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, 34 words [Linked Image]

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Only a crazy person would actually count them....

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I call that the Beitch diet!

If you really like something,you better buy two!
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Only a crazy person would actually count them....

Thank you [Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KSMITH

Go figure crazy

Scott, you could write books.

short ones...

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GeauxLSU
Originally Posted by Duckdog

California requires an FFL for IN STATE transfer between individuals?!?

AND a 14 day waiting period, when I lived there 10 years ago!

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Go figure crazy

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by 6mm250

Go figure crazy

Mike

Steelhead says only a crazy person would count them.

Page 6 of 16 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

371 members (1eyedmule, 10ring1, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 160user, 1badf350, 35 invisible), 1,891 guests, and 1,184 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,633
Posts18,493,117
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.