Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 31 1 2 3 4 5 30 31
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I question the wisdom of this undertaking and related PMs being put on the general forum for resolution. It's none of our phuggin business. Art has been completely accessible and very kind in offering his time and advice on matters I've raised with him. Art and his lovely wife strike me as nothing other than well rounded,kind decent folks whose integrity is unquestioned by me. I don't know splattermatic other than what I've discerned from the PM streams and the fact he saw fit to publically post his and another's PM exchanges. I have a fundamental problem with that in itself but I do not completely disparage splattermatic for that personal preference of mine. There has to be a way for gentlemen toquickly resolve this without involving 100 other folks.

Pick up your phones and resolve this matter like decent men do and keep it from becoming a blue-haired gossip,accusation and allegiance thread on the main forum. In the future,never forget the first word in PM.

Last edited by isaac; 03/28/11.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by WheelchairBandit
I like Art, but he gave you the same run around as Jack Belk gave to me. Belk ended up completley destroying one of my stocks and pretty much ruined the other one. I got one back, then he went insane and dissapeared off the face of the planet.

Hope this turns out better for you.

Brian.

Hope it turns out better for Art too!!

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
If he's married, contact his wife. She may just get him in gear.

I took a ram to a highly regarded taxidermist and waited patiently during the 9 months I was told it would take. I called a couple of times and then started to visit. Each time I was given a story of why it hadn't been done. Each time we were cordial and I left his shop with the promise of, "about two weeks".

Nineteen, (that's 19 !), months into this ordeal I walked in feeling like it was good that I wasn't armed, and he was gone somewhere. His wife was there and asked what was up. Told her the story, she looked up the paperwork and said, " I'll take care of it."

Left thinking I'd never see the ram again. Ten days later I get a call and it's ready for pick up. Looks great. Took 19 months but looks great.

Man does good work, but too slow and too many excuses. Bet if the truth be told he was PO'd at me for bugging him and dragging his feet like your situation. Don't understand such juvenile antics from a "professional".

Hope your situation works out as well as mine did. Call his wife! smile

"An open message for all Democrats; "Look you are nothing and your work is worthless. Anyone who chooses you is detestable."
Isaiah 41:24 (HCSB)

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
He doesn't have Art's phone number, and Art apparently is not answering his recent PM's or emails?

While its it would not be my fist cource of action to correct a problem, I'm guessing splattermatic is just trying what ever he can to force Art to send the items back..

Of course we don't know the otherside of the story...

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
to all,
i have his phone number and left a message on the home home.

i have no other recourse.

i have started a thread, no contact.
i even tried to get an answer here.
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...minated_wood_for_extremely_h#Post5077924
i sent pm's.

what else should i do execpt get the law involved now ?

like i said guys and gals, it's not a super piece of wood, but it imy first. i have quite some money tied up in it, with the whittlin that was done, the trap, finish's, etc...
how would you all like your first taken from you ?

a year is long enough, just return my property finished or not, in undamaged condition.

his lack on comments says one thing. and what else is the other side at this ?

it has come down to where, i've asked several times nicely to return my property, no answer's.
now, yeah, to force his hand to crap or get off the pot.

oh, and airing the pm's, yep another member was sayin the same thing about a one sided deal here, and all the pm's should be posted.

well, they are VANIMROD.

Last edited by splattermatic; 03/28/11.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pete E
Of course we don't know the otherside of the story..

it looks like we never will either...

30-06 till i die, the greatest round ever!

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy!

CEO of a Turdlike People: Turds & Tats Division... (per Ingwe grin )
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
BS...have you considered the fact the man might be away? And, if he didn't reply on this main forum, it would be a positive,imo.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Find me a smith that will install a trap and forend for the cost of a 25 caliber barrel blank that I'm pretty certain Splatter go from a died smith's estate.

Guessing Art was being rather nice and it also looks like Splatter didn't catch it.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
yeah i did.
it was a nice gesture. but a deal is still a deal, it is the fact of asking for my property back at this point, and no replies.

guess, when given a deal, one must be at the mercy of the giver, eh ?

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by splattermatic
hey art peck aka sitka deer, of achorage, ak. i sent you a stock to inlet a cartridge trap about a year ago. i paid for that service in full with a .25 caliber barrel blank. we also discussed a foreend tip and grip cap out of 2 of 4 materials to be done by you and paid with cash when completed.
over this year we exchanged some pm's, you never did tell me what materials you were going to use, and never sent pics of the work you said was done.

the last time you replied to a pm was on 11/23/10, yeah, 4 months ago. at that time you said i pissed you off and you don't do good work when not thinking happy thoughts or something to that contect.

i see where you finally read my last pm to you, asking for my stuff back.
i have asked several times in public threads for you to return my property, again no response from you.

you continue to post here and act like the grand pooh bah of stock work.

well, i have a different opinion of you, i think you are a THIEF.

again art peck, i am asking you to return my property.

you have had a year now to do a simple cartridge trap inlet, and as was agreed, a foreend tip out of ebony or african black wood, and a grip cap out of cape buff. horn or water buff. horn.
either of which you have never told me.

now is time for all the members here to know you are a dishonest thief.

you said 4 months ago there were some problems, of which i do not understand,and it would take a little time to work out. that was 4 months ago, with no updates, replies, contacts, or returned phone call.
yeah, that was me that left a message on your home phone.

art,
I WANT MY PROPERTY BACK, NOW.

i can't get any clearer than that.
enough, is enough, of your games or thievery. whichever you want to call it.

You're a [bleep]' liar, and a whiny b!tch to boot.

HANG ALL THE PM THREADS.

You know, the ones where Art told you specifically what was going to be used for the caps (that you claim he didn't).

All of them.

Hell, it took you 45 minutes to READ them all to me over the phone, and yet you claim no contact from Art. Hell, the PMs to/from me on this deal would cover at least a 30 minute conversation, and you drove me f'kin' nuts when all I was trying to do was settle you down on wtf was going on.

You're a [bleep]' liar.

Go ahead, call the local SOs up there and try to file for a theft claim, which you've threatened a couple times. The PMs you claim aren't there will cover Art's ass, and make you look like one.

And, add in the one where Art SPECIFICALLY said that the work, which will be done, won't cost you a dime.

Free work, and you still b!tch.

The recommendation still stands: don't EVER get anything custom from anyone else again.

Here's to hoping any/all custom 'smiths of any stripe pay close attention to your rantings, too... just in case you contact them, they can add a considerable "whiny-b!tch" premium to the cost. They'll need it, but it still won't be enough.

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Find me a person that airs all the PERSONAL MESSAGES on a public forum, well, nuff said.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Pete E
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
Wow. Harsh.

Harsh would have been giving the guys hands the same treatment..
It was harsh. Doing the guy's hands would be harsh too. I can think of some even harsher things, but this stuff is bad enough. Old-school, even, one might say. The way things were settled before PM's and emails and suchlike.

Worth saying that the only other mod I ever knew of here besides the owner, was Art. I liked his moderation as good as Rick's. This is a different situation though, and I'm just a bystander.

Edited to say I just gotta think there is some wild, wild misunderstanding or miscommunication involved here. I've always thought Art was standup and I have no reason to think any differently of Splattermatic. Hope it gets resolved to the satisfaction of both parties.

Last edited by ColeYounger; 03/28/11.
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Here's the first whining thread on this...

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/4916346/1

The suggestion was made then to hang all the PMs, and you refused to do so then.

You made false claims then, and when you let slip that you actually had more communication than what you first claimed, you backed off fast.

You're a damned liar, a whiny b!tch, you know where your stuff is (i.e., it hasn't been stolen), you have no expenses to pay for the work being done ("it won't cost you a dime"), and you start schit like this when you know what you're blathering is untrue.

You're doing a damned fine job of trying to slander a man's reputation, and perhaps a better one of doing in your own.

Good prior warning for other custom 'smiths (be that firearm, stock, or blade), though. So, please, continue...

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
read sean, it is posted.

every single pm, like you suggested in the other thread and on the phone, IS posted, i left nothing out.

it was offered free only in the last pm i received from him, 4 months ago as well as there's a weeks worth of work on my bench and yours in in there or something to that content.

a weeks worth of work, 4 months ago.

where is it then ?

it's not the point now, of having the work completed or how well it's done.
i've asked several times for my property to be sent back, and no contact from him.
where else do i turn ?

and as a matter of fact sean, i had the 280ai built by benchmark and they were very nice. ron, even called me, to tell me how things were going and asked if there were any changes before they went any further.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
sean, your so full of yourself.
i didn't say i had no contact and then let slip i did and backed off.
i didn't want this to come to this and let it go away quietly hoping to regain my property.

i said in there, i had some contact until the i'm pissed at you, then nothing. please read.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Post the ones where you were whining to me over the same schit, and basically getting clarification from the EXACT same PMs you can't seem to decipher as to what he said and didn't say.

Basically, your stock was completely fubar as far as being "right" when it got to Art and he's reprofiling the damned thing to make it worth a f'k. Hard to unscrew a pooch, but he didn't screw it up in the first place. Trying to get all the lines right on a turd of a stock, ain't easy. And, it wouldn't be cheap if you had to pay for it.

Basically, the guy is reprofiling a POS stock into something you can be proud of, even when he knows all you're doing and going to do is this schit.

You could at least have the common f'kin' decency to stfu and take his FREE work to make that turd you sent him into something decent, and accept it as done right.

Of course, you can't do that, can you?

No matter what, if he sent it back now, you'd claim he butchered it (when, in fact, it was a POS to begin with); and he he gets it right, you're going to bitch and complain that it took too long and you only got it back via threats.

Lose/lose on his end.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Damn shame.

Why not just put the collection of parts in a box, send it back and move the [bleep] on?

Life is way too short to crap around with [bleep] like this.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
The thread title was inartfully crafted and inexcusable.

William Arthur Ward

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by isaac
The thread title was inartfully crafted and inexcusable.

Why is that? an "inartful" title? Gotta be kidding.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Here's the first whining thread on this...

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/4916346/1 ...

....You're doing a damned fine job of trying to slander a man's reputation,...

That first thread was pretty anonymous, didn't call anyone out, and got PLENTY of exposure (meaning Art must have seen it). No "slandering" or anything else.

It was also four months ago.

The very simple solution, at that point, back in November, would have been to simply return the stock, cut ties, and move on, all behind the scenes and unnamed, reputation intact.

Page 3 of 31 1 2 3 4 5 30 31

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

325 members (1lesfox, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 160user, 10Glocks, 34 invisible), 1,780 guests, and 1,168 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,750
Posts18,495,326
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.