Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 31 1 2 3 4 30 31
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
next pm
haven't heard anything from you in quite some time, and was wondering how things were coming along.
never got the pics you said you'd send.

keeping in touch,
mark

Top Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote Email Topic
Unread By: none

#1343813 - 11/08/10 06:24 PM Re: how's my stock coming along ?
splattermatic
Campfire Guide

Loc: n.w. new mexico hi art,
no response ?

at least give me something on what ya got done to the stock, please.
been quite some time you've had it, along with the payment of the barrel, and you've not told me much.

are you able to do it ?
if not, it's okay, just send everything back, and i can go to someone else to finish it.

thanks,
mark

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
next pm
i sent ya a pm a bit ago, and you haven't opened it yet.
mark

this is from 11/21/10

this copying isn't going too well.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
next pm
what's up with my stock ?
splattermatic
Campfire Guide

Loc: n.w. new mexico i see you've read my pm, been posting and no reply ?
i would like to know what's going on with it please.

if you do not respond art, i will air this in public on how you got my stock with the payment of a barrel blank, and how i've tried numerous times to get an answer from you on what you are doing, as well as the agreement of doing a foreend tip and grip out of ??? you have never told me what you planned on using.

you said you did some work and would send me some pics.
i was patient when you said you were busy, not home, etc...
but,
there comes a time now when you must tell me what's going on.
i started a thread in ask the gunwriters on what i should do after 8 months of not knowing.
go read it.
i will call you out if you do not tell me what's going on with my stock.

thank you very much for understanding my position on this matter,

mark

#1363447 - 11/23/10 06:05 PM Re: what's up with my stock ?
Sitka deer
Campfire Kahuna

Loc: Anchorage, AK USA mark
You will get your stock, soon and it will have the wrinkles ironed out... I made a bad choice in doing it for several reasons. The fields are not close to flat and it is a pain. It will not cost you a thing.

The lack of communication is the fact you frankly pissed me off some PMs ago and I do not do my best work when I am not in a good mood. For the sake of your stock I did not work on it while not thinking happy thoughts.

There is about a week of work on the bench now, including your stock. I want to send it out right away, but do not want it to show my work in a bad light.

To repeat, I made a mistake.
art

Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote Email Topic

#1363471 - 11/23/10 06:25 PM Re: what's up with my stock ?
splattermatic
Campfire Guide

Loc: n.w. new mexico sure, what did i do to piss you off ?

Quick Reply:

Preview

splattermatic
Sitka deer

View profile
Send a PM
Add to your Watched Users
View posts

View profile
Send a PM
View posts

View profile
Send a PM
View posts

Support Our Sponsors!

Who's Online
695 registered (1371, 16bore, 1legmont, 1845crusader, 101guns, 91 invisible), 1102 Guests and 136 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod

March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31

Forum Stats
31976 Members
66 Forums
372841 Topics
5060326 Posts

Max Online: 4366 @ 10/05/10 09:36 AM

Privacy statement � Board Rules � Mark all read Default StyleCampfirepaleCoffeeubbthreads Contact Us � HOME � Top

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Links
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | AUCTIONS | Gear Shop

Copyright � 2000-2011 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
next pm
how's the stock project
splattermatic
Campfire Guide

Loc: n.w. new mexico coming along ?
it was brought back up, so it's fresh in my head.

mark

from 01/11/11

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I dont think anyone has to pick sides, rather if the business deal fell apart, Why woundn't you simply return the property to the original owner?

You don't have a right to keep it. The lack of communication would certainly be wrong.

Maybe Art told him it would take over a year? I dunno....

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
next pm
#1462423 - 01/24/11 12:25 PM please let me know what's going on with my stock
splattermatic
Campfire Guide

Loc: n.w. new mexico hi art,
again, i am sorry if there was something i said to tick you off. in no way did i intend to do it purposely.

but,
please let me know what's going on with my stock. if you cannot complete it soon, please send it back.
if you do not want to finish what you have started then that's fine too, i can send it to karnis, or someone else to complete it.

i would just like my stock back in whatever state it is in.
i know it's not some great piece of wood, but it is my first custom stock, and would really like to complete the 280ai project that i started years ago.

please let me know what you intend to do, so i can make other arrangements if needed, or when to expect my stock back.
we chatted once before when i traded you the 870 barrel and learned alot about gold and silver, that i had no idea about before.
you seemed like a really nice guy, and i do not know why you won't answer me or respond to me on what you have done with the stock, or what your intentions of returning it to me are.

thanks, and hope to hear from you soon.

mark

505-

#1572303 - Today at 10:39 AM Re: please let me know what's going on with my stock
Sitka deer
Campfire Kahuna

Loc: Anchorage, AK USA Sitka deer has removed themself from this topic.

Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote Email Topic

Quick Reply:

Preview

splattermatic

View profile
Send a PM
View posts

View profile
Send a PM
View posts

Support Our Sponsors!

Who's Online
695 registered (1371, 16bore, 1legmont, 1845crusader, 101guns, 89 invisible), 1093 Guests and 134 Spiders online.

March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31

Forum Stats
31976 Members
66 Forums
372841 Topics
5060326 Posts

Max Online: 4366 @ 10/05/10 09:36 AM

Privacy statement � Board Rules � Mark all read Default StyleCampfirepaleCoffeeubbthreads Contact Us � HOME � Top

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Links
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | AUCTIONS | Gear Shop

Copyright � 2000-2011 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Last edited by splattermatic; 03/27/11.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
enough ?

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
i just want my property back. no sides, no bickering, just return what belongs to me. finished or not.

it's just that simple.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by splattermatic
enough ?

and then some

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I like Art, but he gave you the same run around as Jack Belk gave to me. Belk ended up completley destroying one of my stocks and pretty much ruined the other one. I got one back, then he went insane and dissapeared off the face of the planet.

Hope this turns out better for you.

Brian.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan
IC B3

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
"The lack of communication is the fact you frankly pissed me off some PMs ago and I do not do my best work when I am not in a good mood. For the sake of your stock I did not work on it while not thinking happy thoughts."

If the above was written with any seriousness, I admit to being very surprised. Either way, sucks when things come to this. Based only on what I've just read, sure sounds like it could have been avoided. Next stop, ugly city. That's all I'm 'contributing' to this thread. <door closes>.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WheelchairBandit
I like Art, but he gave you the same run around as Jack Belk gave to me. Belk ended up completley destroying one of my stocks and pretty much ruined the other one. I got one back, then he went insane and dissapeared off the face of the planet.

Hope this turns out better for you.

Brian.

Jack Belk? Mr. "Expert witness". I can't believe you sent that POS anything............

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have it on good authority Art stole MissT's heart.

but that's the extent of what I know about any thieving by him.

sounds like he needs to send you your stuff

but I have no way of knowing if a Paul Harvey moment is out there waiting to unfold.

wish all parties the best in gettin this resolved

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
I have it on good authority Art stole MissT's heart.

but that's the extent of what I know about any thieving by him.

sounds like he needs to send you your stuff

but I have no way of knowing if a Paul Harvey moment is out there waiting to unfold.

wish all parties the best in gettin this resolved

Well said; plus one.

To be fair here (not that you weren't), Splatter did air this out politely several months ago. I'm very surprised it's still unresolved.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
BW Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I won't make an excuses, but I have to say that Art is an upstanding honorable guy.

I've hunted with him, spent nights in a tent with him, he practically led my by hand on my sheep hunt, slept at his house while traveling through Anchorage, broke bread with his wonderful family.

As someone mentioned on another thread... "no good deed goes unpunished."

All this over a cheap looking stock, floor plate, and a barrel? Stick the action in a Hogue, and shoot it already. The stock will arrive when it's right, if I know Art, and I do.

Brian

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It was me that mentioned that "no deed..." business on the other thread.... I do suspect that there's some of that happening here.

But it's awfully hard to fault Splatter for anything, based on the PM's posted. frown

A strange and somewhat dismaying situation.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm not going to name the gun-maker who held a couple of my super-special custom Mausers (half-done) for thirteen years and stole several hundred dollars' worth of virtually irreplaceable custom hardware.

I've had to relearn, over and over, time and again, that skill is no index of ethics. Some of the best artists are some of the worst crooks.

An engraver whom I used to know (but fortunately couldn't afford) sold some guy's super-expensive shotgun after accepting several thousand dollars for work on it that he never did � then had to hobble around in casts for some time after a couple of the client's thugs worked on his ankles with ball-peen hammers.

The guy was a crackin'-good engraver �

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
I'm not going to name the gun-maker who held a couple of my super-special custom Mausers (half-done) for thirteen years and stole several hundred dollars' worth of virtually irreplaceable custom hardware.

I've had to relearn, over and over, time and again, that skill is no index of ethics. Some of the best artists are some of the worst crooks.

An engraver whom I used to know (but fortunately couldn't afford) sold some guy's super-expensive shotgun after accepting several thousand dollars for work on it that he never did � then had to hobble around in casts for some time after a couple of the client's thugs worked on his ankles with ball-peen hammers.

The guy was a crackin'-good engraver �
Wow. Harsh.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by BW
I won't make an excuses, but I have to say that Art is an upstanding honorable guy.

I've hunted with him, spent nights in a tent with him, he practically led my by hand on my sheep hunt, slept at his house while traveling through Anchorage, broke bread with his wonderful family.

As someone mentioned on another thread... "no good deed goes unpunished."

All this over a cheap looking stock, floor plate, and a barrel? Stick the action in a Hogue, and shoot it already. The stock will arrive when it's right, if I know Art, and I do.

An "upstanding" honorable guy would send the stock back and get on with life.

Dan

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
Wow. Harsh.

Harsh would have been giving the guys hands the same treatment..

Page 2 of 31 1 2 3 4 30 31

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 1moredeer, 1minute, 1OntarioJim, 1Longbow, 67 invisible), 2,602 guests, and 1,392 robots.
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,449
Posts18,471,018
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.