Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
I'm going to need a holster for my LCP and would like to find one that concealed the outline of the pistol while in my back pocket or a cargo pocket.

Right now, I'm running the gun plain but may add a laser down the road so input on either type of holster would be appreciated!

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Try DeSantis

MtnHtr

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have a couple of leather ones, but for the money you can't beat the desantis nemesis.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
+2 for Desantis

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
+3 for Desantis.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I know you're asking about pocket holsters, but..I put a belt clip on my LCP and like it really well.

Can carry the LCP IWB with shorts and a tank top untucked and have it concealed very well.

Just another option.

Virgil B.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Dang, I put mine in a cell phone case that fits on my belt, has elastic on the sides for spare magazine also.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
There ARE some pretty sophisticated (expensive) "pocket" holsters out there, and that may be just what you want and need.

Myself, I came across a simple inside pocket holster - of a black velvet type material, flat bag construction, for under $10. Not sure of the 'brand' - possibly even 'Uncle Mike'. There are 'many' out there.

I have a Beretta Tomcat 32 ACP pistol, and a S&W 432 PD, 32 H&R Mag, DA Revolver - that fit perfect within.

Both handguns slip nicely into this little 'holster' and protect the gun's finish from any abrasion, and also protect from any pocket lint or debris accumulation.

This type of pocket holster does not provide for "quick access" - but the gun always rermains in a desired position in a jacket pocket or a loose fitting hip or cargo pocket and also does not print a revealing firearm outline.

It is ALL I want or need - and works for me.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by P_Weed
does not print a revealing firearm outline.

Thin is good and not having an outline is a must for me to carry in public.

Thanks for the input - I'll check out the DeSantis Nemesis for sure and probably order one now just to have something in hand.

If there are any other options that provide excellent coverage (with slacks for example), I'd like to hear your experience with them (or better yet post pics)!!

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
IC B3

N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
Has anyone tried something like this?

[Linked Image]

I'd be interested in how it stacks up against the DeSantis options.....

S
S
I have two, but use them in the front pocket. The Galco: http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterPG3.asp?ProductID=2419&GunID=403

and
The Pocket Holster:
http://www.pocketholsters.com/

I bought the Galco first and it is my favorite of the two, as it is thinner. I like how it stays with the pocket on draw. It also works well in a variety of different types of pants pockets and coat pockets. Its one flaw is it will print in tighter fitting pants.

This is why I bought the second one, which will not print in my dress pants I have to wear to work. It is larger in the pocket, but goes unnoticed with todays cell phones and front pocket wallets. It will also stay with the pocket on draw, but is a little harder to get a grip on the gun with the flap.

I also have a Don Hume OWB holster and a gun show nylon IWB holster for it. I like the cheapo IWB when wearing work-out or sleep type clothing. I have even run with it on. The Don Hume is a nice holster, It is just harder for me to conceal OWB. I am considering a crossbread holster for it, but mostly pocket carry it. So, most likely will not for the time being.

Some how I have not found a single holster to work for all my carry needs, for any of my guns. That is another story.

W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
An Uncle Mike's Size 3 pocket holster performs several roles very well: It accomodates and secures the LCP nicely, (Note: I actually like it better than the smaller (specified) holster); it does a great job of carying my Barami Hip Grip configured S&W 642 if I need to carry the small wheel gun in a front pocket; it also serves as a good case for my sunglasses if the Ruger or Smith is clipped inside the waist band.

I've carried the 642 daily for several years with very little wear showing on the (extremely light) Uncle Mike's holster. It seems to be very tough!

Last edited by WCC; 04/03/11.

Bill

NRA Benefactor Life Member
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Jeff, don't rule out plan B either.

MtnHtr

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I carry mine in a DeSantis Super Fly at work. My employer does not allow us to be armed so I have to be really discreet. the Desantis work very well with dress pants that I wear. I ordered mine off of Amazon for $33 w/ free shipping.

Last edited by HARDBALLER; 04/04/11.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Jeff,

The Cabela's Great Outdoors Days flyer has a Galco Pocket Protector Holster for $19.99 that looks very similar to the DeSantis for the same price but made of leather. Looks like a good one.

Keith

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
Thanks Keith.....I'll swing by tomorrow!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

77 members (44automag, 01Foreman400, 808outdoors, 338Rules, 406_SBC, 11 invisible), 1,484 guests, and 733 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,493
Posts18,472,095
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.