Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Considering all the problems with that aircraft, I'd want to hold off buying them, too......

However, if Canada, Australia, and the other countries helping to foot the bill, pull out, OUR costs will skyrocket even more. That can't be good for ANY country wanting to buy these over-priced sleds. Dunno what the answer is, but I hate throwing good money after bad.

Last edited by ratsmacker; 04/06/11.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by the_shootist
Actually, our economy is doing pretty good regardless. Our dollar is at a 4.3% premium above the US$ this morning, and since we aren't at war, but have been good neighbours since the war of 1812 when we charred your White House and burned it black, let's not get into a urination match.

Guess you fellers turned your White House black in the last election. blush grin

typical anti American Bull Scheit

Sam......

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Not at all, Sam. I am pro America. Married one. But I am a patriot in my own country. We're paying our bills. Hope our conservative government stays in power this May so our deficit gets dealt with.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by the_shootist
Not at all, Sam. I am pro America. Married one. But I am a patriot in my own country. We're paying our bills. Hope our conservative government stays in power this May so our deficit gets dealt with.

If y'all pull that off, can we borrow them for a while?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This F-35 project has sucked from the get go..I have and still do feel sorry for the NATO countries that have committed to this worthless POS. As far as I'm concerned the US is being ripped off by the US !!.The dumping of the remaining F-22's in the original procurement to save funds and relocate in a weapon system like this is beyond comprehension!! Sadly there are many to blame..so where does that leave us?..up to our necks in debt and preparing to place an inferior aircraft in production.Personally I am ashamed at the way this has been handled we can do much better..sorry to say but the handwriting is on the wall, this will only get worse and cost the treasury more green mad

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
IC B2

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Brian, it's not like Canada would ever use the jets. Maybe you could borrow a couple for the brochure photos and just send them back.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
RVB Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Actually, a few Canadian F-18�s are in Libya right now.

I know Brian can be a douche��but some of you stoop to his level with your ignorant, anti Canada bull [bleep] as well. Yes, the Libtards cut military spending for decades, but our current govt. has been trying to rectify that, and realizes the importance of a strong military.

Our military has served with distinction in every conflict we have been in. My 96 year old grandfather (who just passed), served and fought from 1939 to 1945 and would surely kick some ass if you questioned Canada�s service or lack thereof.

Vimy Ridge, The Somme, Juno Beach, Battle of Ortona, Korea, Afghanistan etc etc. Educate yourselves a little about your neighbour.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Quite well educated about our neighbor.

Perhaps some of y'all "neighbors" would care to educate Brian about y'all's neighbor, as well?

RVB Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I hear ya.....but one monkey doesn't make a zoo.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by RVB
I hear ya.....but one monkey doesn't make a zoo.

He's y'all's monkey. We're just the ones that he's throwing the schit at.

Rather tired of it, so perhaps y'all can build a better cage and keep his/your schit up there.

IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

If The Canada isn't happy with our F-35, I wonder that they don't design and build their own next-generation jet fighter.

I would call it, the "Super-Beaver."

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
We actually had a pretty good one - google "avro arrow".

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Reiche
We actually had a pretty good one - google "avro arrow".

Never got out of testing, according to Wiki.

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RVB
My 96 year old grandfather (who just passed), served and fought from 1939 to 1945 and would surely kick some ass if you questioned Canada�s service or lack thereof.

And I would take the beating out of respect, but I think the real question is what your Grandfather would do about Brian.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Program was abruptly cancelled, although not because of problems with the aircraft. Suspicion is that the US pressured Canada into cancelling it's program although there isn't really any evidence to it and it's hard to make sense of unless you would believe that Canada would supply them to US enemies.

From wikipedia:

"Not long after the 1958 start of its flight test program, the development of the Arrow (including its Orenda Iroquois jet engines) was abruptly and controversially halted before the project review had taken place, sparking a long and bitter political debate.[N 1][6]

The controversy engendered by the cancellation and subsequent destruction of the aircraft in production, remains a topic for debate among historians, political observers and industry pundits. "This action effectively put Avro out of business and its highly skilled engineering and production personnel scattered... The incident was a traumatic one... and to this day, many mourn the loss of the Arrow."[7]"

It's still a bit of a mystery up here. and... because they were never put into operation, making the claim hard to refute, we like to claim that the aircraft was the best in the world at that point in time.

Last edited by Reiche; 04/06/11.
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by Reiche
Program was abruptly cancelled, although not because of problems with the aircraft. Suspicion is that the US pressured Canada into cancelling it's program although there isn't really any evidence to it and it's hard to make sense of unless you would believe that Canada would supply them to US enemies.

It's still a bit of a mystery up here. and... because they were never put into operation, making the claim hard to refute, we like to claim that the aircraft was the best in the world at that point in time.

Sounds like the Swampman of Canada...

B
BCBrian Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
If you fellows tell me that the F35 is a good deal - I have no reason to doubt you.

I only know what I read.

I just think that when a country has some options - it makes the whole process a bit more palatable.

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

"Nothing in life - can compare to seeing smiles on your children's faces."
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

521 members (10Glocks, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1234, 22250rem, 01Foreman400, 62 invisible), 2,405 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,410
Posts18,489,010
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.