Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
creasy Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
As if everyone does not have enough to do, the USFWS is looking for public comment on FWP's application to use the 10(j) rule in the ESA to remove 18 wolves from the hard hit West Fork of the Bitterroot. The deadline is April 12th.

Just 5 short years ago spring counts showed almost 2000 elk in that hunting district, last spring just a touch over 700 and falling. 6 weeks of archery hunting followed by 5 weeks of rifle hunting has been replaced by a total of 25 BTB permits to be used either in archery season or rifle season. Cow hunting has all but been eliminated.

Here is a link to the online comment form. It takes just a few minutes to fill out. We need the help.

http://www.regulations.gov/#!submitComment;D=FWS-R6-ES-2011-0022-0053

Last edited by creasy; 04/06/11.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm in

"For some unfortunates, poisoned by city sidewalks ... the horn of the hunter never winds at all" Robert Ruark, The Horn of the Hunter

A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
thanks for the post, I'm in

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Thank you for posting the link. I'm going to leave my comments right now and foward the link on to others.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Done.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I'm in...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
C
creasy Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
Thanks guys, keep um coming!

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
How many times can I comment? grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Done deal. Think these comments actually do make a difference...

Dennis

"The more you run over a dead cat, the flatter it gets."

"If you're asking me something technical, you may be looking for My Other Brother Darrell."

"It ain't foot-pounds that kills stuff -- it's broken body parts."
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Thanks for the heads up.

ddj

Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. - Henry David Thoreau

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back. - Robert Ruark
IC B3

S
S
Creasy:
I don't post and I usually don't comment... I just lurk and read. Still, thank you for the link. My comment has been submitted.

Ingwe:
As to how many times can you comment? You have pointed out how wolf-huggers will work the comment venue. My bet is they are submitting more comments than we are (as well as they are invented identity submissions, too) ...they're not honorable in any way or form.

Muledeer:
No... our comments will not make a difference. USFWS and Montana FWP are required by formal Federal and State regulatory processes to conduct these things. They ultimately end up doing whatever they want regardless. Don't believe or trust anyone from the government who says they want to hear your opinion because they care. The government is a top-down system NOT bottom-up! Higher-ups decide the outcomes they want regardless of what lower-level ladder climbers tell you.

I'm retired. I hold a terminal degree in Public Administration, and I have enough high-level Federal experience to know the truth. I only submitted my comment to declare that either they allow regulated wolf hunts or they will have to contend with a more aggressive form of what is going on presently, where the opportunity of Shoot, Shovel, & Shut Up is occurring.

Reality happens.

Stone

...I spent most of my money on Guns, Women & Booze. The rest I wasted.

...I started out with nothing and after paying for all my hunting I'm getting back to where I started.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Stoneman - I disagree with your characterization that comments don't count. I know that changes to decisions have been made by comments received during public scoping. I know this because I was the one who incorporated it into the NEPA document and decision.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by pointer
Stoneman - I disagree with your characterization that comments don't count. I know that changes to decisions have been made by comments received during public scoping. I know this because I was the one who incorporated it into the NEPA document and decision.

take it you have never dealt with Montana's FWP grin ......least the last time i was at their office in Helena there they were nice enough to finally tell me it didnt matter what documentation i brought to their office they have picked the experts, and i use that term very loosely, they are gonna listen to so i didnt need to bug them anymore cause its not gonna matter anyway.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
C
creasy Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
I am willing to give up a few minute to fill in some comments for the chance to remove 18 wolves. Call me crazy.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I put my 0.02 in, for what it's worth.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
yep

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Done, even from the other side of the world I can see how stupid the situation is there in regard to wolves. Surely some of these biologists etc can see that animals learn from experience and that unless these wolves are taught to fear all humans they will start to view all humans as prey.
I like wolves BUT I can see that they need to be controlled and taught to respect and fear humans.

I've also passed the link on to a few others here in NZ with the recommendation that they comment.

Last edited by maarty; 04/07/11.

The original international turd
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
maarty- I think the biologists are seeing things perfectly well. It's that the processes involved often allow politics and judicial proceedings to take precendent over biology.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Thanks for the link. I commented too. Can't hurt . . .

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Creasy: Thanks for posting this worthwhile link.
Some folks still are OBLIVIOUS to the situation the Wolves have created in diminishing the numbers of sport Hunting opportunities and in lowering the "quality of" sport Hunting for humans!
Thanks for nothing rmWf!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 1OntarioJim, 1lessdog, 160user, 007FJ, 75 invisible), 2,396 guests, and 1,301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,151
Posts18,484,245
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.