Page 1 of 2 1 2
#5135228 04/10/11
M
M99ER Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Anyone ever seen or better yet tried one like it? Accurate? Am wondering what the quality and durability is? Looks very light! cool

Nothing I'm currently in the market for though, I'm satisfied with the low power variables on my F's.

Last edited by M99ER; 04/10/11. Reason: Appease the gun gurus...

[Linked Image]
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by M99ER
Anyone ever seen or better yet tried one like it? Accurate? Am wondering what the quality and durability is? Looks very light! cool

Nothing I'm currently in the market for though, I'm satisfied with the low power variables on my F's.

LINK

Well, gee thanks. I guess I won't win THIS auction. According to some ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,YOU are just NOT cool!!!!!!

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

24 hour sarcastic S.O.B.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Prolly from MASSATWOCHITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well, that pretty much dicked up that auction. Ya ever heard of private messages newbie? Ya got any idea how many lurkers are hanging about this site looking for stuff like this?

Go tell the Spartans,Travelers passing by,That here,Obedient to their laws we lie.

I'm older now but I'm still runnin' against the wind

IC B2

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Well now that the cats outa the bag, can you smart fellers enlighten me on the merrits of the Boone? I must admit, what I know about them can barely fill a thimble.

"Its easier to fool people......Than convince them that they have been fooled." Mark Twain
L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
We've all seen the sale going on, who you kidding. Piss and moan all you want, the thing is just a cool factor item = outdated=low tek. There are way better scopes out there if you're into the use of them. There are no cats in any bag on the net unless your name is Rip Van Winkle.

Last edited by lowprofile; 04/10/11.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well anyone that is looking for savage stuff 99 1899 stuff on ebay has seen that scope. The tricker stuff is the stuff that is not listed properly. I am sure that the placing of that auction on here is not going to affect the price of that scope, unless we cut it all to pieces with items that are wrong with it.

That being said they are a neat little scope. LBK had one that the crosshairs came loose on and he had to repair it. Myself I wouldn't ever consider using one on a rifle. I have one in my collection to say that I have one, but I would get a stith ahead of ever using one of these.

Blair

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Blair, you're 100% correct. I took mine off and put it back in the box it came in. I have the scope, leather pouch it was sold in, the original instructions, AND the peep sight for it. I wanted a second just for parts. As far as I am concerned, they're a magnified peep sight, not a scope. Surprised you remember me doing the repair. I learned a wealth about thew internal workings. Just enough to take it off. grin grin grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 99trix
I have one in my collection to say that I have one

Blair

I took it a bit further.

[Linked Image]

24 hour sarcastic S.O.B.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

LINK

M99ER
Welcome, and A Lot of Guys Collect Them, Member; as Well as Lurkers. And All Said about Posting A Live Auction, Do what ya Want,But For Some One that's had An Eye On Here at it or lurkers as Well Just F'd it Up for them,,and Frankly F'd it Up for Your Self,,for that Scope and Mount You can Rest assured it Will get 50 to 150.00 more on it Now.
They are a Neat Little Scope, a Glorified Peep Sight as one Said, But the 4x's are Good,, But Mainly with a Lot Of Day-light.

It's Best Not to Post Live auctions, But Post Ones that ended.

Last edited by 1899sav; 04/10/11.

�Can we move this along?" a bored voice stated. "I have places to be and people to shag."

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mad_dog
Originally Posted by 99trix
I have one in my collection to say that I have one

Blair

I took it a bit further.

[Linked Image]

This is the one that I have.

[Linked Image]

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I've never wanted one, but to each his own.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
i got a few of those Boone scopes my self, there kind of different little critters !! grin

M
M99ER Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Longbeard and 1899 Sav,
I edited my post to remove the link. Your quotes would need to be edited as well.

Sorry guys, call me a noob if you want, but I've been called much worse in the past so I figure I'll heal. Pulled the link for the bidders involved. It won't happen again.

[Linked Image]
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Wow! those NIB peep sights are pretty cool cool grin

They do fit on the old 1899s pretty well since the Stith doesn't reach the rear sight dovetail real well. I've owned a bunch of 'em over the years. I'm gonna shoot a 4X on my Granddad's 1899 B next time I'm out.

Somebody snagged a mislabeled one on ebay recently with a rare lee dot reticle.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Lightfoot
Wow! those NIB peep sights are pretty cool cool grin

Seems to me a pretty good fellow made them available a while ago!!!! wink wink smile

C
ctw Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
If you have a boone base ALL of the peeps are the same.

What you have done is not nearly as important as how you have done it!!!
The Old Fart 2008 A.D.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
So are the scopes but how many do you see NIB??

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sorry guys, call me a noob if you want, but I've been called much worse in the past so I figure I'll heal. Pulled the link for the bidders involved. It won't happen again.

I think you have a good attitude but I don't think you need to apologize. I don't like seeing live auctions posted either but there were two live auctions posted about a month ago and you didn't here even get a peep out of the ones complaining now. Those two auctions seemed to have just been posted out of spite and involved a LOT more money than this - you had a legitimate interest in this auction and legitimate questions. The guidelines that were decided on are not applied consistently and you could have been informed in a much nicer manner..maybe even in a PM and asked to drop the link.

Now, one of these I have is just marked Saturn - I assumed this was before Boone? Some have wrinkle paint but most are smooth, I think my Saturn has wrinkle.

Gene
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

245 members (12344mag, 257 mag, 270wsmnutt, 160user, 300jimmy, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 20 invisible), 1,747 guests, and 1,083 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,449
Posts18,528,875
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.