Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
I believe the Repubs and Dems are all of the same mindset....spend, spend, spend. Maybe the Dems are a little worse, I'm still not sure about that. I believe this latest Gov't shutdown fiasco was more orchestrated than real. I believe they knew all along how it would turn out but had to make a good show of it to tell their constituents at home how hard they tried, trying to save their azzes for 2012. The Repubs have a bad track record of overspending anyway, even when they had control in the Bush era. They voted for more spending increases than he wanted if I remember correctly.

So, when will the US people be fed up enough with the system, taking matters into their own hands? Just curious. I think it's a real possibility.

Last edited by JGRaider; 04/11/11.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I believe the Repubs and Dems are all of the same mindset....spend, spend, spend. Maybe the Dems are a little worse, I'm still not sure about that.

Agreed.

I believe this latest Gov't shutdown fiasco was more orchestrated than real. I believe they knew all along how it would turn out but had to make a good show of it to tell their constituents at home how hard they tried, trying to save their azzes for 2012.

Agreed; had to hype it for the cheerleaders.

The Repubs have a bad track record of overspending anyway, even when they had control in the Bush era. They voted for more spending increases than he wanted if I remember correctly.

Yep. Conveniently forgotten by the (R) party cheerleaders.

So, when will the US people be fed up enough with the system, taking matters into their own hands? Just curious. I think it's a real possibility.

Can't happen soon enough or too soon.

Last edited by VAnimrod; 04/11/11.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
So, when will the US people be fed up enough with the system, taking matters into their own hands?

Tea Partiers all ready did that, or are you talking about some type of armed rebellion?

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Re: OP - God, I sure hope so!

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by watch4bear
So, when will the US people be fed up enough with the system, taking matters into their own hands?

Tea Partiers all ready did that, or are you talking about some type of armed rebellion?

It'd be easier than that.

Have a sizable percentage of actual tax PAYERS (not filers, PAYERS) say "f'k you" in April and October. Say, 3%...

The IRS would be face the possibility of having to go after several MILLION people.

They simply could not do it.

Last edited by VAnimrod; 04/11/11.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Couldn't they just print what they need?

MOLON LABE

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Couldn't they just print what they need?

they already are, unfortunately

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
They do anyway.

The point would be having the tax payers go "f'k you" and refuse to play the game. Let that ball get rolling with 3%, and have the IRS unable to do anything about the number... watch it explode to nearly 100% very quickly thereafter.

THAT, they couldn't print enough to cover.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I don't think a revolt will happen anytime soon. Alot people like to talk about a revolt but very very few have backbone to do it.

I don't know what the answer is but if something is not done about all the money that is pizzed away sooner or later something has to give.

Dink

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
They do anyway.

The point would be having the tax payers go "f'k you" and refuse to play the game. Let that ball get rolling with 3%, and have the IRS unable to do anything about the number... watch it explode to nearly 100% very quickly thereafter.

THAT, they couldn't print enough to cover.

This was in line with what I was thinking.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The point would be having the tax payers go "f'k you" and refuse to play the game.

I think an armed rebellion would be more sucessful. I know I would want to be shot, rather than have the IRS on my ass. frown

MOLON LABE

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
The "revolt" might should be causing the 50% that don't pay, to pay.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
. . . The point would be having the tax payers go "f'k you" and refuse to play the game. Let that ball get rolling with 3%, and have the IRS unable to do anything about the number... watch it explode to nearly 100% very quickly thereafter. . .

The government already thought of that . . . it's called "withholding."

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Rebellion =no.

Too many people don't pay so they don't know what we're talking about and the younger generation has a democrap mentality.
The vast majority of americans are far to materialist to take a chance on losing something.And of coarse their wives wouldn't let them.
My thoughts on what could be done to rebel would be for ALL the working people to have a sit-out ,let it all come to a grinding halt.
Of coarse that or nothing else will happen b/c the vast majority of people look to the gov't to take care of them .

Think about what a small percentage of people there are in soceity who are really paying attention to what is going on -who cast truly smart votes -voting to do what is best for America.
Look how few people even bother to vote -i know droves of people who are clueless to what is going on -too busy to care -but mention football or pop culture and they know everything about that.
Myself i'd love to see a huge revolt againgst the gov't.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Is A Taxpayer Revolt in the US Looming?
===========

Yep, on November 4th,2012.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's about to happen on a lot broader spectrum than just taxes. People are tired of the BS on both sides of the fence. Time for those folks to live by the same rules we do.

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by isaac
Is A Taxpayer Revolt in the US Looming?
===========

Yep, on November 4th,2012.
Problem is, it always occurs then, but is offset by the FSA voting the other way.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
In answer to your question, no.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I don't know if "revolt" is the right word, but inflation is eventually going to make it impossible for many older people on fixed incomes to afford the property taxes on their paid for homes,...and there's a *lot* of people becoming senior citizens these days.

It's going to be interesting to see how society responds to the government putting old people out of their houses.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Inflation will cause them to sell it happened in my home town, but they will feel like they made good on their investiment.

I am still counting on a super volcano or something of that magnatude to really shake people up. People have become too unadaptable.

Oh yea, as for the question... I feel our society is too scared to buck the system, after all it has been in place for so long it is all we know.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (1badf350, 1lesfox, 12344mag, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 160user, 64 invisible), 2,654 guests, and 1,224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,928
Posts18,498,616
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.