Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by jwcox3
Inflation will cause them to sell it happened in my home town, but they will feel like they made good on their investiment.

I am still counting on a super volcano or something of that magnatude to really shake people up. People have become too unadaptable.

Oh yea, as for the question... I feel our society is too scared to buck the system, after all it has been in place for so long it is all we know.

You talkin' about the greater Yellowstone area 'erupting?' frown

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by StubbleDuck
Inflation will cause them to sell it happened in my home town, but they will feel like they made good on their investiment.

I am still counting on a super volcano or something of that magnatude to really shake people up. People have become too unadaptable.

Oh yea, as for the question... I feel our society is too scared to buck the system, after all it has been in place for so long it is all we know.

You talkin' about the greater Yellowstone area 'erupting?' frown

Well if he is it will solve all my problems.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

The system is going to buck *them*.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Haha. I wouldn't bet on it specifically, but something is going to happen. Look at all the stuff that has happened over recorded time.

Most people are oblivious to what a real catastrophy is, and have no plan to deal with it. Look at the reaction to the current possible Governemnt Shutdown Crisis. I work for the government, and made a comment last week that I might be able to get some things done if we were off for a while on my farm. Most people I work with were scared to death, and they all have a much higher family income than I do.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Government shutdown "crisis"?

Everybody knows that the government ain't gonna close up shop and go home.

Americans should be so lucky.

IC B2

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Personally, I think the elections are as big a fraud as this government shut down thing was. The fix is already in for 2012 unfortunately, and we will get screwed over again.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I believe the Repubs and Dems are all of the same mindset....spend, spend, spend. Maybe the Dems are a little worse, I'm still not sure about that.

I hate it when a good idea is predicated by an obvious misrepresentation.

Sam......

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I believe the Repubs and Dems are all of the same mindset....spend, spend, spend. Maybe the Dems are a little worse, I'm still not sure about that.

I hate it when a good idea is predicated by an obvious misrepresentation.

He's got the track record and the evidence to back up his assertion. You, don't.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
There is another way that some people can participate in a "tax revolt". It's called "Don't Feed the Pig" and involves a conscious decision to not work as hard, or earn as much as you could, in order to stay within the lower tax brackets - or pay little or no taxes at all. It happened in England in the late 70s as their marginal tax rates got very high and, talking to a few friends, it is now happening here. People are growing increasingly weary of the government's (at all levels) inability to make the distinction between what is an essential government function and things that are "nice to do" if you have the money. We clearly don't have the money and either need to borrow it or print it and both are indicative of spending what we don't have.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I gritted my teeth, and rendered unto Caesar what was Caesar's this morning.

I might as well just pizz the money down a rat hole, for all the good it does me.

I am in, if someone starts a revolt. laugh

Sam......

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm coming to the conclusion that Republicans and Tea Party should just get out of the way & let the Commies spend whatever they want.

I see people bitchin' & moanin' about cutting PBS funding for Lord's sake! I say avoid the blame and let these lemmings run off a cliff. It will be easier to fix things after it totally collapses plus you won't have to put up with getting blamed by the lemmings. And when the lemmings riot, maybe we can get rid of them.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No revolt for a couple of reason I can thing of off the top of my head.
1 Withholdng tax. Hell unless you are self employed and have to cut that check every quarter most people have no clue how much tax they are paying because they never see the money.

2 Tax refund scheme. How many people you know that are going ape chitz because they are getting a "refund". You think they understand that they are not getting a damn penny of taxes paid back. They are getting the return of an interest free loan that they gave the government. I'm getting money back they holler and get all huffy puffy when you explain that they are not gettig a durn thing back.

BCR

Quando Omni Moritati
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
BCR, yep & yep

it was a stroke of evil genius to turn the employer-employee relationship into the role of unpaid tax collector-worker drone.

hey you guys working for a wage, the term "worker drone" ain't meant as an insult to you, I just call it the way I see it, the fact that myself and others are unpaid tax collectors for the gov't is a worse insult in my book

here's what really makes me sad though, I see good men here talking bout tax revolt, shutting the gov't down etc.

not rabble rousers or community organizers from the South Side of Chicago, but good decent men that work hard to provide for their families and love their country.

some people would try to place the blame on you for this talk, but it's not your fault, if we had a gov't that was decent this subject would never be raised amongst you I'd bet.

sad, sad reflection upon the state of our Nation and those at the wheel of it, that good men must have these discussions.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
BCR, yep & yep

it was a stroke of evil genius to turn the employer-employee relationship into the role of unpaid tax collector-worker drone.

hey you guys working for a wage, the term "worker drone" ain't meant as an insult to you, I just call it the way I see it, the fact that myself and others are unpaid tax collectors for the gov't is a worse insult in my book

here's what really makes me sad though, I see good men here talking bout tax revolt, shutting the gov't down etc.

not rabble rousers or community organizers from the South Side of Chicago, but good decent men that work hard to provide for their families and love their country.

some people would try to place the blame on you for this talk, but it's not your fault, if we had a gov't that was decent this subject would never be raised amongst you I'd bet.

sad, sad reflection upon the state of our Nation and those at the wheel of it, that good men must have these discussions.

Good men had these discussions before....

"When in the Course of Human Events..."

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Clearly, it's not just a Demcrat problem. We need a bigger change than just the Whitehouse.

[Linked Image]

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Yea, but all the "Tea Partiers" are dead, right?? So is the Movement??

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by VAnimrod

yep and it gives this hombre more hope for our country than anything I've heard come out of a politicians mouth.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit

Perhaps the good men will be the only ones talking about it...

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bring out the guillotines! wink

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke 1795

"Give me liberty or give me death"
Patrick Henry 1775
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

The other day there was a post with a quote from Sarah Palin. I believe it was posted by Bowsinger but can't remember for sure. Anyway, she was quoted as having said "Feb 2011 had more deficit spending than the entire year of 2007."

If that's true, a tax revolution is REQUIRED!
and soon, too!
(I'm not talking about armed revolt, America ain't got the stomach for such things... yet)

I've mentioned on here before that I read somwhere some years back that the fed's own report showed that 1 in 5 businesses and individuals who were required to file taxes in 2003 did not file. 20%. That's fricken huge in my opinion. What are they going to do when that number doubles? For all I know, it already has and it will be tripled this year.

I don't blame people a bit. When they know full well the money is jsut thrown to the wind or used against them, who could blame them? With 10% unemployment and 10% of the population here illegally from countries around the globe and fed gov doing nothing to stop it or rectify the problem, and in fact taking measures to see it worsens, who could blame them? When fed gov "bails out" bankers their money, who could blame them. When gov bails out insurance co's with their money, who could blame them? When gov gives billions to countries that hate us, who could blame them? When gov prints up tons of money and causes sharp increases in inflation, who could blame them? When gov takes orders from the UN, who could blame them? When gov wastes traincar loads of money on 'green" energy, who could blame them? When gov works overtime to remove individual liberty and rights of the people, who could blame them? When gov ships guns to cartels in Mexico, who could blame them? etc etc etc. Dear Lord, the things that can be listed here easily mount up into the thousands, tens of thousands, maybe even hundreds of thousands.

And we're talking trillions of dollars.

Who could blame them?

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

444 members (1badf350, 1eyedmule, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 55 invisible), 2,669 guests, and 1,332 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,491
Posts18,472,005
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.