Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Tax awareness RE: public employees. If you dig through your states census data, You can find total goverment workers payroll by the month. A couple links to give you an idea about how to find the data: http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/41000.html http://factfinder.census.gov/servlet/AD ... n&-_sse=on If you dig into the numbers In my state an average taxpaying family is paying over $500.00 per month out of their budgets to fund the payroll of state-county-city-water district-sewer district employees. Have you ever thought about how much these public employees are taking out of your budgets? every month in oregon this payroll is drawing over 750,000,000 out of the tax payers budgets. 750 million per month! think about that number for a small population state like oregon. Dig up the numbers for california, It is 4.5 billion per month if my memory is correct. Every state is has this public employee problem. Goverment is too large and we tax payers are being sucked dry. If you are a tax payer you should know where the money is going. Every month here in oregon my family pays about $535.00 to pay goverment workers payroll. This dosn't include any other aspect of their cost, just their monthly payroll. No buildings, vehicals, fuel, office supplys, toilet paper, etc. Can you afford this kind of draw out of your family budgets?

The anti American Constitutional party (Democrat). Wants to dismantle your rights, limiting every aspect of your constitutional rights. Death by 1000 cuts is the tactic. Each cut bleeds constitutional rights to control you. Control is the goal.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ever think how much money moving buisness to China takes out of middle class income? How much money leaves our economy and ends up being lent back to us?

Ever wonder who exactly wants Mexican trucks on U.S highways, who that benefits, who it hurts, and who lobbied our government for it?

Ever wonder why when Bush was president the cost of a barrel of oil actually reached higher prices than it is now, but the price of gas didn't go as high? Who does this benefit, who does it hurt?

Ever wonder how much of your wage goes to subsidizing the 20 million illegal Mexican here in the U.S? Who does this hurt, who does it help and who lobbies to keep the border open?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Well here in Oregon, we can thank Potland Salem and Eugene, who expect us all to pay for their bills, as they screw the rest of the citizens in the state...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
The county digs in my pocket deep, Sewer and water districts suck more out, state fuel tax is taking a bite, state universitys are in there digging. There are so many hidden fees and taxs we are paying, It is a wonder bread is in the toaster.

The anti American Constitutional party (Democrat). Wants to dismantle your rights, limiting every aspect of your constitutional rights. Death by 1000 cuts is the tactic. Each cut bleeds constitutional rights to control you. Control is the goal.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
If you dig into the numbers In my state an average taxpaying family is paying over $500.00 per month out of their budgets to fund the payroll of state-county-city-water district-sewer district employees.

I'd like to see your math on that since you seem to say it all goes to payroll.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
IC B2

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Water and sewer authorities do provide safe water. I've seen what happens when (overseas) unsafe water is drunk.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by djs
Water and sewer authorities do provide safe water. I've seen what happens when (overseas) unsafe water is drunk.

Have you ever NOT be able to justify the existence and expansion of a .gov program?

Never had a problem with "safe" water growing up. Didn't have any .gov employees making it that way, either. We simply had a well, as did most, and were smart enough not to schit where we drank.

Pretty common sense, and Darwin awaits those that can't figure it out.

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by crosshair
If you dig into the numbers In my state an average taxpaying family is paying over $500.00 per month out of their budgets to fund the payroll of state-county-city-water district-sewer district employees.

Not sure of the math being referred to here, but $500/month = $6,000 per year. I pay over $7300 in property taxes on my home on 0.28 acre. Plus I pay state and county taxes over and above this. I get some pretty good services and while I'd like to keep more of my own money, I understand that have to pay for the services I receive (even if my kids are grown and no longer in school).

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
[quote=djs]Never had a problem with "safe" water growing up. Didn't have any .gov employees making it that way, either. We simply had a well, as did most, and were smart enough not to schit where we drank.

them days are long gone. Long long gone.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by BrentD
[quote=djs]Never had a problem with "safe" water growing up. Didn't have any .gov employees making it that way, either. We simply had a well, as did most, and were smart enough not to schit where we drank.

them days are long gone. Long long gone.

Far from it, unless you're stuck in areas that are overpopulated.

IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

Think again.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by BrentD

Think again.

Don't have to. Know plenty of areas with GOOD well water (tested and proven).

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by djs

Have you ever NOT be able to justify the existence and expansion of a .gov program?

Never had a problem with "safe" water growing up. Didn't have any .gov employees making it that way, either. We simply had a well, as did most, and were smart enough not to schit where we drank.

Of course on the other side of the coin, do you think a little town like I work in, not all that big, could actually have say 2500 water wells in a small area. We already know you can't have a septic system on a 7000 sq foot lot. Did you want some electricity to run things with also?
Not saying .gov is great, but there are services it provides that folks utilize.

Water, Wastewater, Stormwater(wanna hear some bitchin? Wait till we get 5 inches of rain in a short time period and someones house gets a bit of water in it... its all OUR fault), Electricity, in some instances nat gas. Not to mention paving streets, keeping street lights working, stop signs up, picking up the garbage and so on.

But I'll agree, some folks that work with me at .gov locally are overpaid, some don't need to be here at all. Just like in almost every business and so on.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by crosshair

Links are posted on where to start looking for the numbers in your state. It is not my math, It is the US census data math. Look it up or not I do not care. Facts are there to see.

Last edited by baltz526; 04/14/11.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Giving my two cents worth in Central Oregon: I will agree that there is a lot of waste, duplication and fraud in many government programs/services at every level (local, state and federal). That being said some government services are essential and better our lives. There seems to be a disconnect in many parts of the country between the urban population centers, which have the votes and end up controlling the agenda, and the rural areas.

I think many folks are starting to take their frustrations and anger out on local government workers. The cops, fireman, utility workers, etc. are not our enemies. I think a lot of the current wrath has been placed on their shoulders instead of the government policy makers where it rightfully belongs...

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
And.... at least for me... come take a look at what I make.... its ok for rural but most would probably laugh and say no way, I'd rather not work....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
It is not the individual workers, it is the total number of goverment workers on payroll. Most make a fair wage with good benefits. I can complain about some of their retirement ages. 55-58. but overall i have no real complaints on what they get paid. My problem is with the over abundance of goverment workers on payroll. I'm not going to get into the weeds, but changes need to happen. Fewer goverment workers at all levels is a starting point.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
There definitely can be an overabundance of workers for sure. Same as corporations too. Just that you have no business picking on corporations, even if it raises the cost of the finished product.

I"m lucky that I'm rural and there tends to be much less waste in government.

Of course in reply to VA RE plenty of good rural water wells.... we have a LOT of problems out in the country where they row crop, those wells are showing the overuse of fertilizers and pesticides big time. Big time. But then thats private water on private lands and its really up to the owners to test.
Folks that get water/sewer/electric etc.... from a source other than their own often fail to realize what all goes into the making sure its safe.

Locally we tend not to have enough indians though, but lucky that we don't have an overabundance of chiefs who tend to draw much larger salaries but accomplish not much. Locally up and down the .gov food chain each person has so many responsibilities that you never get them all caught up at once. Which is probably a good use of taxpayer money.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Where I live, Fort Collins, Co., I only pay about $1700.00 a year in property taxes for a typical suburbia, 3bdrm, 2 bath, 2 car garage, 1700 sq ft home built in 1987 in a very nice neighborhood.

I'm not bragging ... it just amazes me at the high property taxes in other parts of the country. The city I live is overfunded, IMO. There's no shortages in the budget for anything. They spend, spend, spend. There is other revenue generated in the form of local sales tax so that might be a contributing factor to the low property taxes but when I hear about other places like tax hell Wisconsin - dayum.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Of all the things wrong with .gov, who even thinks of water/sewer providers? That's WAY down my list of things to eliminate when I'm king for a day.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (22250rem, 1minute, 160user, 1936M71, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 61 invisible), 2,540 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,479
Posts18,490,041
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.