-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Dear hunting friends,

For my Master�s thesis at the University of Economics and Management in Frankfurt, Germany, I am conducting an empirical study on the subject of �Corporate Activities in Social Networks � Based on Sports Optics such as Binoculars, Spotting Scopes and Riflescopes.�

The questionnaire is directed at birders and nature watchers, hunters or outdoor enthusiasts. It is intended to capture the current situation and identify possible trends through the use of social networks for companies.

I am relying on your assistance and support to ensure that this work will be a success and deliver representative results. I would be very grateful if you would help me with this survey.

You can reach the survey via the following links:
http://www.q-set.de/q-set.php?sCode=DVWSWZRJSSJH

The survey will be conducted online. Depending on your answers, it should take about 15 minutes to complete the survey. Your answers will be evaluated anonymously, handled confidentially and only shown in summary statistics. The survey runs until 31 May 2011.

The questionnaire is broken down into two parts. The first part contains questions on social networks and forums. The second part collects general data about the person completing the survey. Please answer all questions in full to ensure that the results are as clear as possible.

I thank you in advance for your support. If you have any questions or comments, please contact me at DeniseFrankSportoptikenweb.de.

Have fun with the survey.

Sincerely,
Denise Frank

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Your survey will not go past page 1.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Correct.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ringman

I does if you fill out page 1.

All guns should be locked up when not in use!
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Savage_99
Originally Posted by Ringman

Oh......................duh.....................! blush grin

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
IC B2

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I caint get past page 1 either. I think the reason is that I havent answered a couple of the questions.
The reason I havent answered these questions is that you (being from Germany)have omitted a couple of the most popular brands of optics here in the US. Leupold being #1.
JMO

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups
OP Offline
Hey,
you can write down the other brands in the bullet point "other" but you also have to cross the box in front of it.
Normally it will go on to page 2 and so on - but to go on some questions MUST be answered. I'm sorry whether it's confusing for some but I can't change it.

U
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U
I filled it out. good luck!

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Well, I filled it out and sent it. I really have no idea how you can seperate all the social network questions/answers. Goos luck with your thesis.

Steve

Theodore Roosevelt: "Do what you can where you are with what you have"
OP Offline
Thanks to all of you.
You helped me all a lot.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

I did that and it still didn't go past page 1. Life is rough for some folks.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Denise,

I completed the questionnaire.

The only hiccup I might see as it pertains to gleaning info from folks here is the sometime separation (in the questionnaire) of social networks vs. forums. Forums are generally construed as "social" so it might cloud some of the data that is compiled. Just some food for thunk.

Best of luck to you!!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I filled it out and have to agree with SKane that the line between social network and forum is fuzzy.

Please post some results, I think it would be interesting

I once visited a place where BBQ was a verb, Canadian whiskey was the norm and no sweet tea on the menu. Hell on earth for a Southern boy!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Denise,

I agree with the above posters about the need for a distinction between Forums and Social Networking sites.

I would imagine less than 10% of the folks on this forum have Myspace of Facebook accounts, but you'd have a hard time finding folks that are more knowledgeable about optics than some of these guys.

It might be a generational thing, but most people I know spend very little time (if any) "socially networking " in the Myspace sense but spend plenty of time learning things anonymously on forums (check out some of these guy's post counts on multiple boards). Most guys I know don't have, or will ever have, their own Facebook page.

Although this might not pertain as much to the younger generation....

Anyway, let us know what conclusion you come to and good luck with the thesis.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Viele Gluck noch!........................DJ

Remember this is all supposed to be for fun.......................
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
FWIW I think that the Forums are far more important to me as far as information than is Facebook and the like.

I use Facebook to keep track of my out of state family and the like not for serious hobby realated information.

Here on 24hrCampfire I think it's awesome that Doug and Joel for example are here to answer questions and help anyone that needs help. Of course they are great people to buy from maybe it would be different with a company of jerks but I for one very much like having a solid dealer here and would dearly love getting to communicate back and forth someday with say an Optical engineer from Zeiss or Swaro.

I wouldn't worry too much about Facebook but here and some other directly related forums is where companies should have a presence. At least in my not humble enough opinion smile .......................DJ

Remember this is all supposed to be for fun.......................
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Denise,
I will not answer questions like 23, 24, 25, in surveys, so the rest of my survey will not get to you as "Several questions have not been answered sufficiently. Please regard the remarks" shows up when I hit send.
Sorry.

Dino in Reno

Dino in Reno
OP Offline
Thank you all for your feedback.
I will post some conclusions at the end of my thesis.

You are right - forums and social networks are very fuzzy. But that's why it's so interesting for me to analyse it.

And I understand if people don't want to answer all questions about age or familiar status. If it is for someone to personal I respect that.
These are sociodemographic datas which will show what people have answered - I will only show it in summarised statistics. All the datas you have filled in are anonymously and I will handle them very confidentially.

Thanks again and all the best

M
M
Won't go past the first page for ma too............sorry I tried

" A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him" G.K. Chesterton
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just finished a bit a go....Hope it helps.

Bruz
"You can't scare me.........I have kids"

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

512 members (1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1lessdog, 06hunter59, 1_deuce, 1badf350, 55 invisible), 2,169 guests, and 1,185 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,283
Posts18,505,128
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.