Page 4 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by WheelchairBandit
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas
You be going over to the girlfriend's place on the 30th? Is the Kit Kat open on the 29th?

I've got to take something across the border that night. Don't tell nobody.

And I don't know when the Kit Kat or Tip Top is open. Believe it or not, I've never been there. I don't need to pay $10 to see some single mom with her top off.

Brian.

I didn't know your parole allowed you out of the County. Don't worry I won't tell anyone.

What would you think about the Samoa Cookhouse for lunch? We could get that long table in the room to the left as you go in.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S

The more I think about the Cookhouse the more I like it. I'll swing by there today and check it out. Might even take lunch there.

http://www.samoacookhouse.net/index.html

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I didn't know your parole allowed you out of the County. Don't worry I won't tell anyone.

I'm going to put my tether on the neighbor's dog. No one will be the wiser to it.

What would you think about the Samoa Cookhouse for lunch? We could get that long table in the room to the left as you go in.

I think that's the best idea that's been floated so far. I haven't been there since I was about 4 years old. I remember the waitress sitting a small silver serving dish on the table. It had what appeared to be vanilla ice cream in it. When nobody was watching, I snuck my spoon over and got a nice dallop of it, and took a bite of it. I nudged my Dad in the ribs and said, "Dad, there's something wrong with that ice cream."

He just gave me that look (you know which one), and said "Well, that's because it's butter."

You learn something new every day!

Brian.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S

Went over there today and checked it out. They have a semi-private room that can easily accommodate us. The food is good, plentiful, and cheap. They serve beer and wine and even offer us old farts a 10% discount. It is a very interesting place with a lot of history. There is a small maritime museum in the parking lot.

Unless anyone has a violent objection that is where we will meet. Would Saturday 30 April at 1200 work for everyone?

Take a look: http://www.samoacookhouse.net/index.html

Let me know

www.paracay.com

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Unless anyone has a violent objection that is where we will meet. Would Saturday 30 April at 1200 work for everyone?

That sounds good to me. I'll have to boogie on out of there a little before 5 PM, but I'm pretty sure by that point ya'll will have grown incredibly tired of my company anyway.

Brian.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan
IC B2

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Thanks for the invite. I planned to be shooting that day and will make lunch a part of it. I'd be willing to bring a couple of my big bore or double rifles if anyone wanted to shoot some before or after the get-together. It might be nice to see some of your favorite rifles or pistols. I just got a BFR 45-70 if anyone would like to give it a go.
Frank

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by frankmartinez
I just got a BFR 45-70 if anyone would like to give it a go.

I know exactly how this will go down.

Frank: You want to shoot my revolver?

Brian: Sure.

(shots fired)

Frank: Sure shoots nice don't it?

Brian: Yeah, that's pretty neat.

Frank: I tell you what, I'll make you a deal on it............

Brian.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
You know me Brian. I love to shoot the big stuff. I could also bring my 450 Alaskan. You haven't shot a lever-action until you shoot the Alaskan full house loads.
I haven't decided to sell anything lately but if I want to buy any more of anything I have to clear the safe. That was the deal after I moved number 4 into the house. Somehow my wife caught on quickly that it was a new addition.
Frank

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S

Don't know if they allow shooting in the parking lot.

www.paracay.com

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S

Welcome---That makes eight.

www.paracay.com

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You know me Brian. I love to shoot the big stuff. I could also bring my 450 Alaskan. You haven't shot a lever-action until you shoot the Alaskan full house loads.

You built that on a 71, didn't you? I kinda/sorta remember when you got that rifle. Don't know if I've ever seen it before.

I haven't decided to sell anything lately but if I want to buy any more of anything I have to clear the safe. That was the deal after I moved number 4 into the house.

Your wife is a most understanding woman. My old man wanted to get a third safe. He knew Mom would never let him bring it in the house if she knew he bought it, so he told her he won one in a raffle. She thought about it a minute, then said "I'll pay for a storage unit. You can keep it there."

Somehow my wife caught on quickly that it was a new addition.

You didn't try the old, "No honey we've always had four, I guess you just never noticed" line?

Brian.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Don't know if they allow shooting in the parking lot.

There's a range all of three minutes or so from the cookhouse.

Brian.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S

I know, I've been there a few times. Would anyone like to shoot? Since its a Saturday it might be crowded.

I'm not a member anymore. What about you, Brian?

www.paracay.com

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I know, I've been there a few times. Would anyone like to shoot? Since its a Saturday it might be crowded.

It is generally very busy there on a Saturday morning/afternoon.

I'm not a member anymore. What about you, Brian?

Nope, never got around to joining. When I just have to shoot and don't feel like driving up to Simpson, I just pay the $5 non-member fee and shoot. Considering I've only shot there around 3 times in my entire life, I think it's more economical that way.

Brian.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S

I dropped out some years ago. I guess if anyone wants to shoot we can point them in the right direction. It is a nice range with concrete benches and a pistol range. 100 & 200 yards.

www.paracay.com

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S

Can I get an updated body count?

www.paracay.com

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'll be there.

Brian.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Damn the luck. I'll miss it.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Eight pages of "I'll go if you go. Do you wanna go?"

Unbelievable.

Last edited by FlaRick; 04/15/11.

I'm better when I move.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by FlaRick
Eight pages of "I'll go if you go. Do you wanna go?"

Unbelievable.

What thread are you looking at?

It's only two pages on my browser, and 98% of the posts are bad jokes from your's truely.

Brian.

Page 4 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

291 members (264mag, 2500HD, 257 mag, 160user, 1shotnokilz, 325wsm1, 25 invisible), 16,982 guests, and 1,002 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,880
Posts18,538,356
Members74,050
Most Online20,796
Yesterday at 04:44 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.