Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by daveyreka
I will be the one with my left arm raised most of the time (to save my watch and jewelry) because I expect the crap to be very deep if Brian (Wheelchairbandit) is up to his usual antics. Hope he brings pictures or better yet dancing girls because I will have a fist full of singles for a lap dance. Yeeee Haaawww

I would bring some of my lady friends with me, but they'd probably cause you old geezers to have a heart attack er sumptin.

Ain't no way I'm givin one of you guys CPR.

Brian.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan
GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by WheelchairBandit
Originally Posted by daveyreka
I will be the one with my left arm raised most of the time (to save my watch and jewelry) because I expect the crap to be very deep if Brian (Wheelchairbandit) is up to his usual antics. Hope he brings pictures or better yet dancing girls because I will have a fist full of singles for a lap dance. Yeeee Haaawww

I would bring some of my lady friends with me, but they'd probably cause you old geezers to have a heart attack er sumptin.

Ain't no way I'm givin one of you guys CPR.

Brian.

Oh yeah? I got your old geezer right here, pal. smirk

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S

I'll put in a reservation for lunch at the Cookhouse; 1200 on 30 April 2011. Not sure how many Tip Top girls would be willing to get up that early but I'll try.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Craigster

Oh yeah? I got your old geezer right here, pal. smirk

Funny, I was thinking specificly of you when I wrote that. laugh

Brian.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Spano,

Looking forward to lunch at the Cookhouse on the 30th. Should be a lot of fun.

Dave

The toughest thing about doing nothing is knowing when you are finished?
IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S

Here is the count as I see it:

WCB (brian)
Daveyreka
Craigster
Siskiyous 6
Frankmartinez
Allan S.
Seafire
Spano.

Did I leave anyone out? There is room for more.

Time and date: 1200 Samoa Cookhouse 30 May 2011.

See you there. Remember there is a range close by if you want to shoot.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S

www.paracay.com

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I am going to go clamming the following week at clam beach(duh). May do some redtail perch on the north jetty. I'll stay a week or so. Anyone else? PM for #.
Allan

Last edited by Allan S.; 04/24/11.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It would be fun to watch you guys order.

"What are you gonna get?

I dunno, what are you getting?"

And on, and on, and on and on. laugh

I'm better when I move.
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S

No need to make big decisions, you either get the lunch of the day or soup and salad. This is not a fancy joint.

www.paracay.com

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I used to know the owners, although I'm not sure if they've sold to someone else (I seem to recall hearing that). They also own the Fresh Freeze in Henderson Center. I grew up about 3 blocks from there and used to eat there all the time. The food is really good. If you've never eaten there before, check it out.

Brian.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S

I believe they also own the Marina Cafe at Woodley, and Stanton's (now closed). Of the three Woodley is by far the best, Stanton's was by far the worst and the Cookhouse is in the middle as far as food goes but outranks the others in ambiance and local history.

I'll try the Fresh Freeze, is that the joint with all the model cars in the window?

www.paracay.com

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S

I made the reservation today. When you go in turn to the left then to the right past the old wood fired cookstove. The table seats 14 so if anyone else wants to join in come on.

The menu is fried chicken with all the trimmings, all you can eat. If you leave hungry it won't be their fault. The price is $12.95. They also offer soup, salad and bread for $8.95. Beer and wine available

www.paracay.com

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

I believe they also own the Marina Cafe at Woodley, and Stanton's (now closed). Of the three Woodley is by far the best, Stanton's was by far the worst and the Cookhouse is in the middle as far as food goes but outranks the others in ambiance and local history.

I had no idea Stanton's was closed. One of the more odd moments of my childhood happened there early one morning.

I'll try the Fresh Freeze, is that the joint with all the model cars in the window?

Yup, that's the place. It's next to Rite Aid and across the street from JoAnn's Fabrics. They're mainly known for their various ice cream dishes, but they make a mean burger too. They use free range beef from Argentina, and it tastes a lot different than your average hamburger.

Brian.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The menu is fried chicken with all the trimmings, all you can eat. If you leave hungry it won't be their fault. The price is $12.95. They also offer soup, salad and bread for $8.95. Beer and wine available

So we're going to have to watch each other eat fried chicken? Whooo boy, lunch and a show.

Brian.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by WheelchairBandit
Yup, that's the place. It's next to Rite Aid and across the street from JoAnn's Fabrics. Brian.

Rite Aid, huh? Maser, where you at?

wink

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
Rite Aid, huh? Maser, where you at?

wink

You know, I had gone almost a week without thinking of that little twirp. Every time someone mentions his name, I remember that positively disgusting video of his that nearly made me vomit.

Brian.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S

WCB---There's still time to change the venue to Tomo's. They have excellent sushi and sushimi. Let me know.

www.paracay.com

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't do the sushi thing. The Cookhouse is fine. Plus, it's fairly easy for the out of towners to find.

Brian.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S

I could bring you some sushi and sashimi so you wouldn't have to eat all that greasy fried chicken and mashed potatoes and gravy and boiled vegetables and fresh baked bread and those terrible homemade pies and icecream they serve. I'm here to help. No problem.

www.paracay.com

Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (1234, 17Hunter, 12344mag, 1badf350, 10gaugeman, 1eyedmule, 53 invisible), 18,017 guests, and 1,290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,961
Posts18,539,629
Members74,052
Most Online20,796
Yesterday at 04:44 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.