Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
J
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Any Sightron fans. What's the history on them, and all thoughts and opinions on them appreciated.

GB1

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Sightron headquarters is located about 45 minutes from where I live in eastern NC. They are a reputable company who sources out all of their optics manufacturing to Asia. For their rifle scopes, the last time I asked them, about a couple years ago, they stated all of their rifle scopes were made in Japan. All of the SII level of scopes that I own state made in Japan on them. I do not own any SI scopes. I did not inquire about their binoculars. The quality of their SII level of rifle scopes is superb with brilliant optics and excellent mechanics that have audible and tactile clicks without any mushiness and are very accurate and repeatable. Quality of construction is equal to any. The Big Sky version has improved coatings on the optics and includes their Climate Control coating which is their version of Bushnell's Rainguard. I own one Big Sky, but have never had a chance to take advantage of the Climate control coating. The optics do appear to be somewhat sharper on the Big Sky than on the standard SII, but whether that would translate into harvesting more game in the field is another whole discussion. In my opinion and I have no objective data to back this up with, the SII scopes easily compete with the Leupold VX-3, Nikon Monarch, Bushnell Elite 4200, Zeiss Conquest, Trijicon Accupoint and Vortex Viper, all of which I own. The Big Sky version may be a slight step up from these, but it is a toss up, as I own a 3-9x42 version and each and every variation of a scope line-up will have it's positives and negatives. In addition, you can frequently find Sightron scopes on sale and they presently have a rebate of 50 and 75 dollars on the SII and SII Big Sky respectively that has been extended.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (1_deuce, 160user, 10gaugeman, 222Sako, 10ring1, 1234, 71 invisible), 2,772 guests, and 1,171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,579
Posts18,532,191
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.