Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
wildone Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Could some of you guys please tell me who you are using? I just grabbed a 9505A and would like to find someone reputable to deal with.

Thanks Dean

I Kill Things......deal with it..
GB1

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Surveyors Exchange, Anchorage.

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
+1 on Surveyors Exchange, Greg Lee and his team do a great job.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dean, are you looking to rent a sat phone or someone you can get service through for your sat phone?

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

wildone Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I'm looking to get service for my phone. I snagged one at a good price and need to get service for it. I have looked online and there are tons of places , but would like a recomendation . Serveyors just rent's right they are not the ones actually providing air time are they?

I Kill Things......deal with it..
IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Surveyors provides air time as well.I have my plan with them.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes, Surveyors Exchange rents sat phones and they can provide service but it's somewhat limited. I'd call these guys and see what they can offer you.
http://www.satellitephonestore.com/iridium/iridium-satellite-phone-rental.php

Steelhead

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Yes, Surveyors Exchange rents sat phones and they can provide service but it's somewhat limited.

What is limited? I have bought a couple Sat phones at Surveyors Exchange... Great service and plans. Greg Lee is the Man! They even fixed my first Sat phone (Globalstar)for free... And I bought that one somewhere else. Don't EVER buy a Gloabalstar, they work great...WHEN they work! ha ha

I have the "Northern Lights" plan (Alaska/Canada) 200 minutes every 6 months for $200, and the Minutes roll over. I have close to a 1000 minutes of "Paid" time left on my current phone, an Iridium 9555. More minutes than I could ever use!! Thinking of just going to a "Per Minute" plan. Makes more sense in my situation.. And probably cheaper in the long run..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
i use Satworx as that's what the SE in FBKs reco'ed

I'm open to suggestions

I pay 43 a month whether I turn it on or not and 1.59 per minute

sounds like I need to do some shopping

maybe I'll drop by SE on Monday and see what's available

if I get the chance I'll let you know what I find out Dean

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Globalcom...$39.99/mo and $1.39/minute

"The days a man spends fishing or spends hunting should not be deducted from the time he's on earth. " Theodore Roosevelt

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Kodiman
Yes, Surveyors Exchange rents sat phones and they can provide service but it's somewhat limited.

What is limited? I have bought a couple Sat phones at Surveyors Exchange... Great service and plans. Greg Lee is the Man! They even fixed my first Sat phone (Globalstar)for free... And I bought that one somewhere else. Don't EVER buy a Gloabalstar, they work great...WHEN they work! ha ha

I have the "Northern Lights" plan (Alaska/Canada) 200 minutes every 6 months for $200, and the Minutes roll over. I have close to a 1000 minutes of "Paid" time left on my current phone, an Iridium 9555. More minutes than I could ever use!! Thinking of just going to a "Per Minute" plan. Makes more sense in my situation.. And probably cheaper in the long run..
Their plans are what's limited. I doubt non-residents are going to buy the Northern Lights plan for a 10 day hunt in Alaska and the other plans are very pricey. Dean could do better by buying something from the lower 48. I agree the NL's plan is a good one but only if you live here and spend enough time in the woods to justify having it.

Steelhead

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
What plan do you have? And from where?

I would use Surveyors Exchange for the Customer service alone!

WorldWide Plan from SE.

- NO Yearly Contracts!
- 7% communication fee included
- Airtime Billed 'in-house" - Local Customer Service
- Free Voicemail & Incoming SMS (text messages)
- One time $50 activation fee

Monthly Fee Included Minutes Per / Minute Rate

Basic Plan- $39.95 Min. Usage:0 $1.49 min.
Adventure Plan- $39.95 Min. Usage: 30 Min/Month $1.25 min.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't own a sat phone, for limited amount of fly-ins I do it's not worth it for me to buy one. I just borrow my buddies and if I use any minutes on it I reimburse him for it. If I did own one, I would have that Northern Lights plan since I live here full time.

Steelhead

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Since when were Sat phones only good for "Fly-ins"? Still trying to figure out why you recommended the outfit you did, since you have no experience dealing with them. And, Considering all the positive comments about Surveyors Exchange. confused SE is an Alaskan Company and this IS the Alaska forum. I support local businesses when I can.

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Don't own a sat phone, for limited amount of fly-ins I do it's not worth it for me to buy one. I just borrow my buddies and if I use any minutes on it I reimburse him for it. If I did own one, I would have that Northern Lights plan since I live here full time.

So... What "Service Provider" are you Borrowing? And, are you happy with what your "Buddy" is paying? I would loan you mine, But you may not be happy with my "Plan"!

You borrow a $2000 phone/annual Plan, then give your buddy a $5 Bill for your calls??.. Really???

You have NO business commenting on this thread. You my friend, are nothing but a USER! And a Poser...

Surveyors Exchange IS the place to buy a Sat phone and Plans!!! Greg Lee will answer his Cell phone in the middle of the night on a weekend, to help a Customer! For those of us that "Buy", we appreciate service like that.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't be such a hater, it's not a good way to go through life. I've used Surveyors Exchange many times over the years and yep, their service is the best in Alaska. My buddy is on a pre-paid card for his sat phone and it runs out this fall. I was going to rent a sat phone this fall for my sheep hunts but HE offered to let me borrow his sat phone, a very gracious offer if you ask me. I'm beginning to think maybe you work for SE? And by the way, your reading comprehension really sucks.

Steelhead

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Nope!! Don't work at SE. I just spend money there. LOT's of it! And, I recognize good service when I see AND experience it. Tell me more about your "Google" link... grin Or, did that random "Link" come in your PV "Hunt Planner" packet? blush

I'm not hatin'...This is way too much fun!!! grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Kodiman
Nope!! Don't work at SE. I just spend money there. LOT's of it! And, I recognize good service when I see AND experience it. Tell me more about your "Google" link... grin Or, did that random "Link" come in your PV "Hunt Planner" packet? blush

I'm not hatin'...This is way too much fun!!! grin

BFD, any Alaskan that spends any amount of time in the woods spends a lot of money, you think your special or something?

What does the hunt planner have to do with anything? Your reaching and it shows. wink

Steelhead

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (160user, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 55 invisible), 2,417 guests, and 1,321 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,946
Posts18,480,248
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.