Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Well.... Before i shot the gun when i was fiddleing around with it i figured out that that there is a wrong way to screw in the breech plug. If you dont start it with breech plug 'top' part at the top, it screws in and wont back out unless you use the tool. When this happens the gun will not close properly....

Mounted a scope and took it to the range today, got 4 rounds threw it and i got a miss fire. Decided to take the breech plug out (yes, after it cooled down) cleaned it up and tried to put it back in. Well, when i was trying to put it back in it decided to not start threading where it should have and started in one of the places that makes it hard to take out. Tried to close the action and it was binding up.... i realized what happened, tried to remove with the breech plug removal tool and the scope was in the way. Pack up, leave the range.

Still have a hot load in the barrel, and i get home and take the scope off and i'm BENDING the tool trying to screw this breech plug out. Its stuck bad!

Should i try expelling the charge with the breach plug in the wrong way so i can do the old hot water trick?? The action will close, but you need to force it.

Lifetime member: Backcountry Hunters and Anglers & Wild Sheep Foundation
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
put it in the way its supposed to be and there is no problem. why would you try to force it shut with it in the wrong way.if you had a miss fire in a triuph,you either have bad powder or primers. you aare going to have to use a pair of pliers to remove it now,you don't have much choice.wrap a rag around it,use chanel locks to get it out.

U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
You've done quite enough, call a gunsmith before bringing the rifle in.

"If I'm already on my way down
I might as well just work the crowd"

J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Fixed. I was reading up in another forum and read the manual. While twisting with a pair of channel locks i needed to pull out hard and it popped out. I did start it in the way it was supposed to be, but there was too much crap in the barrel threads and i guess it missed 'grabbing' the first half a spin and 'grabbed' at 180degree's off.

Lesson learned. never take the breech plug out unless i'm cleaning it and done shooting!

D
dcd Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
also, be sure to inspect o ring as it can swell-deform and cause breech plug issues

IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
done!
Good call/Thanks DCP

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
By a new gun

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
SELL ME THE TRIUMPH DIRT CHEAP!!!!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

631 members (160user, 1beaver_shooter, 16gage, 007FJ, 16Racing, 12344mag, 75 invisible), 3,167 guests, and 1,263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,354
Posts18,487,968
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.