Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by sandcritter
Happiness is sitting on the floor watching a movie with your two faithful dogs, one curled up against you, the other asleep with his head on your leg. This could be enriched with a good drink, but am inexperienced.

What are some of your favorite, simple-recipe drinks? Basic liquors to have on hand? Solid book on the basics?

If you are talking mixed drinks, get a copy of Old Mr. Boston's recipe book.

I keep the following on hand;

Wild Turkey
Bacardi rum light and gold
Bailey's Irish Cream
Kahlua
Vodka
Tequila

I don't care for gin. I like rum in just about anything. During hot weather my favorite mixed drinks are dark rum and coke with lime or frozen daiquiri and frozen pina coloda with light rum.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke 1795

"Give me liberty or give me death"
Patrick Henry 1775

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Way back when, early 70's when it was just me and this little beagle I'd picked up. I'd sit in front of the TV with the dog and split a 6 pack of Bud and a jar of jalapenos. That dog loved those peppers, and the beer! Never could teach it to drink out of a bottle though, it could finish off a bowl pretty quick. grin

Phil

I also used to have a beagle that loved beer --you could not put a bottle down or she would tip it over so she could drink it. She was fast too! smile

Never tried to feed her hot peppers though!

John

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W.L.Wellers neat with Fresca on the side

Hot Summer - Gin and Grapefruit Juice

I also like a good Bloody Mary. Heavy on the Vodka, V8 juice, a splash of lemon juice or real lemon, and a celery stalk. Worchestshire and hot sauce seem to detract for me.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Salty Dogs

The Queen of Cocktails--A good Margarita. Nothin' more refreshing!

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
Z
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Z
Originally Posted by croldfort
W.L.Wellers neat with Fresca on the side

Hot Summer - Gin and Grapefruit Juice

I also like a good Bloody Mary. Heavy on the Vodka, V8 juice, a splash of lemon juice or real lemon, and a celery stalk. Worchestshire and hot sauce seem to detract for me.

Gin-n-grape, another I like for a summertime drink.
Having a Vodka Collins right now, all this talk of "refreshing" drinks got me thirsty for one!

Be the type of woman that when you wake up each morning and put your feet on the floor the Devil says -
"Oh Crap, She's Up!"
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Jack on the rocks!

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Had a nice couple drams of Buffalo Trace Eagle Rare neat this weekend to sooth my sore muscles from putting 10 gallons of paint on the camp.

I swear the previous owners hadn't been painted in 15 years. eek

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Tanqueray and tonic
Drambuie
Amaretto
Kahlua

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Crown royal and coke !

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
Originally Posted by AussieLad
Non-alcoholic I know, but what about a nice Lemon Lime Bitters on a hot day? Refreshing!

okay fess up..... you ain't really an Aussie are ye?

if so, you'd best delete this post, I could see the powers that be renouncing your citizenship over such blasphemy! eek

It's alright, I naturally assumed you all drank it with an ice cold beer chaser.It's the only way to have it! grin

IC B3

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Kalimotxo

Half Carlo Rossi Burgundy, half Coca Cola, served over ice.

Very refeshing in the summer

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Tanquery and tonic with lime
Tanquery and Martini dry vermouth with a couple of well marinated olives.

My son favors Captain Morgan and mountain dew

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
dont drink much anymore for medical reasons so rarely have more than a few beers but my preference for mixed drinks is Ketel or Stoli vodka mixed bout 50/50 with real lemonade, not the sugary crap most call lemonade.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Manhattan on the rocks. I use American blended whiskey and a splash of sweet vermouth over crushed ice. Add two cherries and enjoy!

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by fish head
Everclear and Cherry 7-Up. (deadly - drink with caution)

That's a dangerous drink. I once responded to a noise complaint at an apartment complex. There was a young woman sitting on the roof of a 2 story building, drinking Everclear and Cherry 7-Up, and singing at the top of her lungs. As I walked up to the building, she fell off the roof and landed at my feet. Startled the heck out of me. She was 7 months pregnant at the time.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Man, I was going to comment on it being about the equivalent of liquid pantie remover but that story kinda spoils the mood....

Have a good day man. In honor of personal freedom and the open squirrel season, I think I'll go put a hole through dinner's head.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
If it makes you feel any better, she only had very minor injuries. Even the baby was fine except for the effects of the alcohol.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RS308MX
Manhattan on the rocks. I use American blended whiskey and a splash of sweet vermouth over crushed ice. Add two cherries and enjoy!

I enjoy a nice Perfect Rye Manhattan every now and then. Substitute half the sweet vermouth with dry vermouth.

Also a couple dashes of good bitters (Fee Bros. Old Fashion Bitters is my fav.)

Carpe' Scrotum
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Yes, I drink Perfect Manhattans now and then. I also like a Burlington Manhattan once in a while. Subsitute vermouth for a shot of maple syrup (real maple syrup not the Mrs. Butterworth's crap). It really is good!

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
TALL glass, 4 standard cubes, 1/3 Evan walker, topped to the rim with a 12oz can oz. coke. Repeat as necessary.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

649 members (1beaver_shooter, 16gage, 160user, 1Longbow, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 65 invisible), 3,050 guests, and 1,278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,621
Posts18,492,714
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.