Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
WOW! Made a rare stop at this forum and luckily clicked on your thread, Afterum. What a great account. I never really had an interest in an Africa hunt, but you may have changed my mind. I do know one thing - I'd be honored to share a camp with you. You understand why I hunt and you appreciate all those experiences that make every day memorable.

Thanks again!

Ron

NRA Endowment member and proud of it.
GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
AFTERUM

Thank you for taking the time to share you experiences.
The pictures and report were great.

M
M
AFTERUM

Thanks for giving us your story,and so well made that we can also live it

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
DOn't know how I missed this thread, great story and hunt, gives my old bones hope yet,

Was the Zebra just dirty or the coat realy that dark, have never seen one up close

"Just another day in Oz!"
A
AFTERUM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
A
thanks DaveJames,
yeah he was really dark, not dirt really, I would call him black with white stripes rather than the other way around.....

IC B2

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by AFTERUM
I also killed a kudu, steenbok, and gemsbok but to provide the story and pics would probably offend some of our forum members so I guess I will just stop here. Thanks to all who gave positive feedback, and if you are planning a trip to Africa, pm me and I will help any way I can. It was truly a dream come true.
please more. it was really just one azzhole.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by huntsonora
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by huntsonora
Originally Posted by RedLeg

There are men reading this post who have parachuted into darkness, hiked twenty plus miles with eighty pounds of equipment on their back, and then killed other men. Others have flown fighter aircraft through missiles and flak.

So to be a man you have to do one of these things?

Oh absolutely.
lessons in humility wouldn't hurt.

Looks like I need to purchase a parachute and take some flying lessons then grin

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Calvin
My suggestion is that rather than get your panties in a wad when GH tosses a cookie like that, that you take notes and do the same. If you physically can't, join a gym. He ain't lucky, he just works harder than 99% of the hunters on the forums.
But why run someone elses hunt down. i would like to hear gh's next day hunt for 'the stud' as i enjoyed seeing the results of your bear hunt.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I re-read the hunt again. Was just as good as the first time.
Jeez, almost 35K views - that says something. whistle

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
A
AFTERUM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
A
thanks guys....no one was more surprised than me at the number of views....I am no writer, just tried to tell it like I saw it...

IC B3

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I just found this thread and read it for the first time. Thank you sir for posting it!

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I, too, just stumbled across this ... I've been reminiscing a lot lately about my first (and only) hunt in Namibia 5 years ago and the similarities are breathtaking -- including AFTERUM's outstanding taste in rifles and bullets.

My hunt also changed my view of fences. We hunted several properties, some low-fenced and some high-fenced, with the fences in varying degrees of repair. After I saw a herd of kudu jump between the strands of wire on one slightly damaged high fence, and a hartebeest use a warthog tunnel to crawl under one that was better maintained, I don't give fences as much credit as I used to!

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Well done Afterum, very nice thread, with some great photo's.
I was bit dissapointed by some peoples comments early on but glossed over these.
I hope you are planning another trip and another thread.
I may of missed it , but what was the weight of the recovered 270gr TSX's.
I shot an Eland with a .375 250gr and its still 250gr.
[Linked Image]

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I only recovered two of the 11 bullets fired on my trip (which includes the two fired to check zero). Each of them was 270 grains when it went into the case, and 270 when it came out of the animal.

A
AFTERUM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
A
will weigh them and get back to you

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Cool!

Monster Whitetails are Awesome!!!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I thought there would be more pics when I saw this again on the first page. Surely there are more? If not, you have to go back. whistle

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
A
AFTERUM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
I thought there would be more pics when I saw this again on the first page. Surely there are more? If not, you have to go back. whistle

man I sure hope I can.....
dem buffs is callin me......this time next year maybe??? when are you going? grin

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (1badf350, 160user, 1941USMC, 1lessdog, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 56 invisible), 2,237 guests, and 1,295 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,383
Posts18,506,736
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.