Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
he's right though, that ethanol is junk.

my F150 is designed to burn either regular fuel or that junk corn juice.

The corn juice is "E-85" and it's close to a buck a gallon cheaper than regular fuel. So I tried a couple tanks.

I busted out the calculator and figured out that even at a doller per gallon cheaper the E-85 cost me around 5 cents a MILE more to burn! What a joke!

I'm back to "regular" which has too much ethanol in it the way it is.

Something clever here.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by northern_dave
he's right though, that ethanol is junk.

my F150 is designed to burn either regular fuel or that junk corn juice.

The corn juice is "E-85" and it's close to a buck a gallon cheaper than regular fuel. So I tried a couple tanks.

I busted out the calculator and figured out that even at a doller per gallon cheaper the E-85 cost me around 5 cents a MILE more to burn! What a joke!

I'm back to "regular" which has too much ethanol in it the way it is.
We have E10 -- which is sold almost everywhere -- and gasoline. Only a handful of places sell E85 in this part of the country. The Oklahoma state legislature passed a law in 2008 requiring E10 sellers to post notice on all of their pumps. Stations selling bona fide gasoline began hanging signs announcing 100% gasoline around the same time.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
Tonk Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Brick-Boy.....I see you managed to clmb out of the wood pile once again, did you get a splinter in your A$$ this time?

Now Bugger Bear how goes cell block D? Let me know when you engineer your way out of the big house Jigger.

Last edited by Tonk; 05/19/11.

Thank Our Veterans!
GOD Bless Them All

UNIONS BUILDING AMERICA, SALUTE ALL THE UNION TRADESMAN

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Back to the topic I had a exterra 2004 traded it off at 125k this spring for a Frontier. Never had a single problem with the exterra and am hoping for the same with my new truck. I have had great luck with Nissans. We also have a Tacoma pickup and its been a great rig.

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer or elk but how he hunted it.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I have a 05 Titan and it is an awsome truck. The down side of it were the factory tires. Chucker huting in Northern CA and Nevada I blew two tires out. Put real agressive off road tires on it with 10 ply and it worked fine except my gas mileage went down hill. That was the only rea issue I've had with it though.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Cummins is developing a diesel for the Nissan Titan. I know Nissan is planning a major overhaul of the Titan in 2014.

Nissan Titan with Cummins four cylinder diesel. PickupTruck.com

Dan

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
That would be cool. I have often wondered why the US did not use more diesel. We go to NZ once a year and they have had diesel trucks and SUV's for a long time. Including Nissan? Friggin US government is probably why. eek

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer or elk but how he hunted it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ehunter
That would be cool. I have often wondered why the US did not use more diesel. We go to NZ once a year and they have had diesel trucks and SUV's for a long time. Including Nissan? Friggin US government is probably why. eek
I think the gubmint is less to blame than the [bleep] passenger diesels we've had in the past. Those GM 5.7 liter Oldsmobile diesels and the GM/Detroit 6.2 liter engines were pieces of DOGSHIT. If the American public was exposed to them as their first passenger car diesel experience, how inclined do you think they'd be to try another?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The diesel Titan probably won't be as much fun to drive.My Titan is like driving an 'ol hot rod...but 30 mpg on the highway? I could probably fill up every other month!

I'd love to give one a test drive.

Dan

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Dantheman
The diesel Titan probably won't be as much fun to drive.My Titan is like driving an 'ol hot rod...but 30 mpg on the highway? I could probably fill up every other month!

I'd love to give one a test drive.

Dan
Put a Banks kit on it. That'll make it fun.

IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by ehunter

That is exactly correct. Emmisions standards are much more stringent on cars and light trucks than heavier trucks. This is why you can get a diesel in an F250 but not an F150. This is also why Toyota doesn't import their excellent 4cyl diesels to the USA.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

316 members (257 mag, 160user, 10ring1, 12344mag, 270wsmnutt, 300jimmy, 31 invisible), 1,944 guests, and 1,005 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,450
Posts18,528,889
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.